Keep Diggs County Weird (Dinoland U.S.A. Overhaul)

JokersWild

Original Poster
Let’s face it: Disney’s Animal Kingdom is far from perfect, least perfect of which is Dinoland U.S.A. Though the land is home to one of the park’s most popular attractions, the rest of the land has faced ridicule for more than two decades. Most of the attractions are off the shelf forgettable carnival rides, the land has no substance, and, perhaps most egregious to the most dedicated of Disney fan, Chester and Hester’s Din-o-Rama is an absolute disgrace that doesn’t belong in a Disney park. However, I think that much of this ridicule is misguided. Sure Dinoland has a lot of issues thematically, but it has a lot of substance and a really interesting backstory; it’s just not outright stated. There are a ton of interesting details and ideas that for some reason, whether due to budget or purposeful design, are either barely expanded upon or hidden so deeply in the land that they might as well not even be there. The goal of this project is to address all of these issues.

Thus it is my pleasure to introduce the new, and hopefully improved, Dinoland U.S.A. The “Keep Diggs County Weird” project is meant to fully flesh out many of the half-baked ideas present in the current iteration of the land. Chester and Hester aren’t going anywhere; in fact the role of both the characters and their subland will be expanded upon, turning Din-o-Rama into a celebration of Americana and roadside tourist traps. The land will also receive a new E-Ticket, The Lost Kingdom, a dark ride/ coaster hybrid through a world lost to time. Dinosaur will also be receiving a complete overhaul, with new story and show scenes. And, to round it out, Dinoland will finally get live animals primarily from the American Southwest to further reinforce its settings and themes.

So please stay tuned. I’ll be updating this thread slowly over the next month or so as parts are finished. Below is a directory of everything that I plan on posting about which I'll be updating as I finish them. If anyone has any concerns/ feedback/ whatever by all means post it here. I’d also love to hear what you guys would do with Dinoland if given the opportunity. Thanks for reading!

Dinoland U.S.A. - "Keep Diggs County Weird"
.Overview
.The Backstory

Attractions
.Dinosaur overhaul
.The Lost Kingdom
.Triceratops Spin
.Pteranodon Gliders
.Anning Mine Tours - Featuring “The Thing!
.The Digg County Dinos

Dining
.Restaurantosaurus
.Trilo-Bites

JokersWild

Original Poster
First update will probably be coming in the next day or two. The school year is finishing up right now, but I’ll be totally free after tomorrow. Expect the backstory and overview this weekend.

Club Cooloholic

Let’s face it: Disney’s Animal Kingdom is far from perfect, least perfect of which is Dinoland U.S.A. Though the land is home to one of the park’s most popular attractions, the rest of the land has faced ridicule for more than two decades. Most of the attractions are off the shelf forgettable carnival rides, the land has no substance, and, perhaps most egregious to the most dedicated of Disney fan, Chester and Hester’s Din-o-Rama is an absolute disgrace that doesn’t belong in a Disney park. However, I think that much of this ridicule is misguided. Sure Dinoland has a lot of issues thematically, but it has a lot of substance and a really interesting backstory; it’s just not outright stated. There are a ton of interesting details and ideas that for some reason, whether due to budget or purposeful design, are either barely expanded upon or hidden so deeply in the land that they might as well not even be there. The goal of this project is to address all of these issues.

Thus it is my pleasure to introduce the new, and hopefully improved, Dinoland U.S.A. The “Keep Diggs County Weird” project is meant to fully flesh out many of the half-baked ideas present in the current iteration of the land. Chester and Hester aren’t going anywhere; in fact the role of both the characters and their subland will be expanded upon, turning Din-o-Rama into a celebration of Americana and roadside tourist traps. The land will also receive a new E-Ticket, The Lost Kingdom, a dark ride/ coaster hybrid through a world lost to time. Dinosaur will also be receiving a complete overhaul, with new story and show scenes. And, to round it out, Dinoland will finally get live animals primarily from the American Southwest to further reinforce its settings and themes.

So please stay tuned. I’ll be updating this thread slowly over the next month or so as parts are finished. Below is a directory of everything that I plan on posting about which I'll be updating as I finish them. If anyone has any concerns/ feedback/ whatever by all means post it here. I’d also love to hear what you guys would do with Dinoland if given the opportunity. Thanks for reading!

Dinoland U.S.A. - "Keep Diggs County Weird"
.Overview
.The Backstory

Attractions
.Dinosaur overhaul
.The Lost Kingdom
.Triceratops Spin
.Pteranodon Gliders
.Anning Mine Tours - Featuring “The Thing!
.The Digg County Dinos

Dining
.Restaurantosaurus
.Trilo-Bites
If you can allow people over 4 feet tall to ride Pterandon Gliders anytime, you will already be ahead of Pterandon Flyers at Uni!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom