Kathleen Kennedy Contract Renewed Through 2024

Jedijax719

Acolyte and Obi-Wan are the ones I am really excited about. Also Ahsoka. Can't sink my teeth into the Andor thing yet.

I would EXPLODE with skittles coming out of my body if they announced an Old Republic or some kind of "ancient" SW story with early Jedi and Sith!!! Seems to be what most people want after the Obi series.

All would be fine if KK just officially put Filoni or Filoni/Favreau pairing in charge of the artistic/storytelling aspects of these things and movies.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Acolyte and Obi-Wan are the ones I am really excited about. Also Ahsoka. Can't sink my teeth into the Andor thing yet.

I would EXPLODE with skittles coming out of my body if they announced an Old Republic or some kind of "ancient" SW story with early Jedi and Sith!!! Seems to be what most people want after the Obi series.

All would be fine if KK just officially put Filoni or Filoni/Favreau pairing in charge of the artistic/storytelling aspects of these things and movies.
There were geek site rumors late last week that that very thing happened…

…unfortunately it was gleaned from posters including this sites former court jester WDWPro…

…so that’s a no go 😉

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
You lost me. Does this mean Filoni is or isn't a major artistic lead for LFL?
No…what I’m saying is some of the fan “news” sites said that kennedy was stripped of all creative control for filoni and favreau…

but they quoted posters on Disney fan sites as their “sources”

notorious for saying they have made up “insider information”

Last edited:

jpinkc

Could she still have a Job protection agreement from when George sold Lucas Film?? I know there were those types of agreements in place for some of the execs when Disney bought it, as a condition of George selling to try and protect Star Wars Franchise.

Jedijax719

No…what I’m saying is some of the fan “news” sites said that kennedy was stripped of all creative control for filoni and favreau…

but they quoted posters on Disney fan sites as their “sources”

notorious for saying they have made up “insider information”
She never had any creative control. If she did, SW wouldn't be in the situation it is.

I mean, she may be in charge, but has no control over anything creatively.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
She never had any creative control. If she did, SW wouldn't be in the situation it is.

The disastrous…And aside - it absolutely was - Disney trilogy are 100% the responsibility of Disney corporate, her and her handpicked story team…

they didn’t get it, they didn’t think they needed to get it, And it blew up in their face.

all that’s left are box office receipts where the proceeds were long ago spent. No staying power, no new offshoot material. Nothing of importance when you’re Star Wars.

diminished prestige for LFL

Last edited:

Jedijax719

The disastrous…And **** aside - it absolutely was - Disney trilogy are 100% the responsibly of Disney corporate, her and her handpicked story team…

they didn’t get it, they didn’t think they needed to get it, And it blew up in their face.

all that’s left are box office receipts where the proceeds were long ago spent. No staying power, no new offshoot material. Nothing of importance when you’re Star Wars.

Yup!

jpinkc

The disastrous…And **** aside - it absolutely was - Disney trilogy are 100% the responsibility of Disney corporate, her and her handpicked story team…

WELL SAID!!!

sedati

Was it KK or Filoni who came up with helicopter lightsabers? Because that may be my least favorite thing to come about in the Disney Star Wars era. That and the gross over-use of womp rat.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Was it KK or Filoni who came up with helicopter lightsabers? Because that may be my least favorite thing to come about in the Disney Star Wars era. That and the gross over-use of womp rat.
Like in rebels?

that was filoni

I’m not a huge fan of those characters…but they’re gonna be all over this Ashoka show…I bet?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

KK haters:

KK never had creative control.

Also KK haters:

KK is to blame for the control she exerted.

You really need to back off the 'inside rumors' regarding KK. They have failed to be accurate for many years. And "couldn't possibly be" isn't proof of anything except vivid imaginations.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
KK haters: KK is a train wreck. Just look at how many directors she turned away.

But she got noted directors Ron Howard and J.J. Abrams to work for her. Abrams twice.

But look at all the others she chased away!!

So, you wanted David Benioff & D. B. Weiss to direct a Star Wars movie?

No! They destroyed Games of Throne.

And if you believe the rumors that Rian Johnson's trilogy is shelved, you're angry she chased him off?

No! We hate what he did.

So, you like how KK got rid of directors you didn't want then?

Jedijax719

KK haters:

KK never had creative control.

Also KK haters:

KK is to blame for the control she exerted.

You really need to back off the 'inside rumors' regarding KK. They have failed to be accurate for many years. And "couldn't possibly be" isn't proof of anything except vivid imaginations.
If a company fails to produce product and some of the major product that was produced failed to generate positive responses, it is not only natural but common sense to blame the person in charge. If you couple that with future products that are in a state of uncertainty (to put it lightly), then that adds to the harsh criticism of the leader. Thus, they have lost control over their organization and cannot effectively communicate the status of several products to the fanbase.

There is no "haters" or "false blamers" and certainly is no "vivid imagination" involved. The leader of one of the most popular franchises of all time has, for the past few years, FAILED to keep the momentum and excitement that started back when The Force Awakens came out. This could have been somewhat healed with the D+ day or the D23 weekend by announcing SOMETHING other than 1 or 2 shows. Meanwhile, the biggest competitor to SW, MCU, is going bonkers and has the most anticipated movie of the past 2 years.

Why and how is it such a stretch to put fault on the one person in charge of all of this? If credit is given to Feige for MCU's success, then fault is given to KK for LFL's failure/lackadaisical results/stop on production/ whatever you want to call it.

erasure fan1

KK haters: KK is a train wreck. Just look at how many directors she turned away.

But she got noted directors Ron Howard and J.J. Abrams to work for her. Abrams twice.

But look at all the others she chased away!!

So, you wanted David Benioff & D. B. Weiss to direct a Star Wars movie?

No! They destroyed Games of Throne.

And if you believe the rumors that Rian Johnson's trilogy is shelved, you're angry she chased him off?

No! We hate what he did.

So, you like how KK got rid of directors you didn't want then?

Everything you posted in this just strengthens the anti Kennedy argument. So we should praise her for having director issues on all but one film and canceling more films than she's made? She shouldn't get credit for hiring the wrong people. Maybe if it was once you could say she recognized her mistake. But when all but one of your films have a troubled production, you might need to look in the mirror.

What is star wars theatrical direction? Live action TV shouldn't have been the end game for the IP that basically invented the blockbuster tent pole. Star wars defined the cinematic experience. So why again am I supposed to be fawning all over Kennedy?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Everything you posted in this just strengthens the anti Kennedy argument. So we should praise her for having director issues on all but one film and canceling more films than she's made? She shouldn't get credit for hiring the wrong people. Maybe if it was once you could say she recognized her mistake. But when all but one of your films have a troubled production, you might need to look in the mirror.

What is star wars theatrical direction? Live action TV shouldn't have been the end game for the IP that basically invented the blockbuster tent pole. Star wars defined the cinematic experience. So why again am I supposed to be fawning all over Kennedy?
To be fair (to kennedy)…I think she was put in a pretty hard spot from the get

George hired her and if we are to believe the inference of TWDC’s general counsel and Iger (no reason not to)…George wanted to call the shots from the shadows.

who is George’s best friend and Kennedy’s boss/benefactor for only about 35 years prior to her LFL hiring? That’s tough.

disney corporate didn’t and probably still doesn’t understand what made Star Wars what it was…because hubris operates in a knowledge void.

I always suggest…and do again…that anyone interested in this topic read the interview given by Michael arndt in 12/2015 to the screen writers guild website. It’s the start point for this entire debate we have. Required reading

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
If a company fails to produce product and some of the major product that was produced failed to generate positive responses, it is not only natural but common sense to blame the person in charge. If you couple that with future products that are in a state of uncertainty (to put it lightly), then that adds to the harsh criticism of the leader. Thus, they have lost control over their organization and cannot effectively communicate the status of several products to the fanbase.

There is no "haters" or "false blamers" and certainly is no "vivid imagination" involved. The leader of one of the most popular franchises of all time has, for the past few years, FAILED to keep the momentum and excitement that started back when The Force Awakens came out. This could have been somewhat healed with the D+ day or the D23 weekend by announcing SOMETHING other than 1 or 2 shows. Meanwhile, the biggest competitor to SW, MCU, is going bonkers and has the most anticipated movie of the past 2 years.

Why and how is it such a stretch to put fault on the one person in charge of all of this? If credit is given to Feige for MCU's success, then fault is given to KK for LFL's failure/lackadaisical results/stop on production/ whatever you want to call it.
You just doubled down on blaming KK for being in charge and not being in charge at the same time. That's crazy.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
To be fair (to kennedy)…I think she was put in a pretty hard spot from the get

George hired her and if we are to believe the inference of TWDC’s general counsel and Iger (no reason not to)…George wanted to call the shots from the shadows.

who is George’s best friend and Kennedy’s boss/benefactor for only about 35 years prior to her LFL hiring? That’s tough.

disney corporate didn’t and probably still doesn’t understand what made Star Wars what it was…because hubris operates in a knowledge void.

I always suggest…and do again…that anyone interested in this topic read the interview given by Michael arndt in 12/2015 to the screen writers guild website. It’s the start point for this entire debate we have. Required reading
Such... Moderation.

Careful, you might turn to the grey side of the force.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom