Kathleen Kennedy Contract Renewed Through 2024

oCMANo

her story team was unceremoniously canned (one of iger’s best moves)…her directors AND actors have almost all taken a shot at some point…
…it’s not internet speculation.
When did this happen? As far as what's public, the Story Group is still there and pushing High Republic content out.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
When did this happen? As far as what's public, the Story Group is still there and pushing High Republic content out.
These two…the movers and shakers that were the biggest problems…

hopefully working on Armageddon 2 with their benefactor abrams now:

As far as lucasfilm goes:

It’s a mess…again…the crawl should be “a long time ago in a dumpster fire far, far outside San Francisco…”

oCMANo

These two…the movers and shakers that were the biggest problems…

hopefully working on Armageddon 2 with their benefactor abrams now:

As far as lucasfilm goes:

It’s a mess…again…the crawl should be “a long time ago in a dumpster fire far, far outside San Francisco…”

Ah, dang was hoping there was a more recent 'cleansing' of the Story Group. They're still awful IMO.

flynnibus

Premium Member
I just dipped my toe into Amazon Streaming, and I wasn't honestly impressed. The Boys got really boring and sloppy in season 2. The Wheel of Time looks like some money was thrown at it, but not talent- specifically in the direction, action, editing, and cinematography (the end of episode one is downright terrible in all respects). Honestly, Apple has impressed me- there isn't much, but what there is, is of high quality.

Watch
The Man in the High Castle
Jack Ryan (decent, not stellar)
The Expanse
Vikings
Sneaky Pete

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Ah, dang was hoping there was a more recent 'cleansing' of the Story Group. They're still awful IMO.
Obviously…the only thing getting made is with Dave filoni…

they had to completely redo the obiwan series too!

they’ve had more scrapped projects and fired directors than anything this side of DC.

Star Wars is different. You have to get it and love it…not dip your toe in it

erasure fan1

they’ve had more scrapped projects and fired directors than anything this side of DC.
And this is why I don't get the support for Kennedy. She's had a whopping ONE movie that wasn't a troubled production, and that was last Jedi. And we all know how that ended up. You just can't build a successful franchise firing your directors and canceling all your films. She's had 5 films completed, and at current, they've cancelled 9 that we know of. It's just a sad state of things for sure.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
And this is why I don't get the support for Kennedy. She's had a whopping ONE movie that wasn't a troubled production, and that was last Jedi. And we all know how that ended up. You just can't build a successful franchise firing your directors and canceling all your films. She's had 5 films completed, and at current, they've cancelled 9 that we know of. It's just a sad state of things for sure.
It goes deeper…can’t wait for the usual apologists to pull the mom/dad routines…

unnecessary reboot…primary goal to pay off Spiely buddy’s long feud with George. The “anti-star wars, Star Wars icon”. Like james deen with dementia.

The one accepted/embraced (tepidly) movie, she near publicly ridiculed the huge fan director…then all but fired him to “tone the movie down”. A movie where everyone was supposed to die…and did anyway.

the most tone deaf movie perhaps ever…awful lack of stories and character butchering…then gives director “Carte Blanche” for new movies that are never going to happen…and he fights with fans on Twitter daily

fires director of an extremely expensive backstory movie…it’s a mess…Disney has to scrap “slam dunk” trilogy that they installed $400 mil or so if rides in parks based off of…smooth.

fires director…brings back reboot guy with no story to go anywhere with…tries to reverse ridiculous killings/ideas from the previous. Fails on a razzie level. And throw in Felicity Fett for the kids 👍🏻

all Star Wars production stopped…by order of Iger palpatine.

And then it gets more interesting…but I’ll leave it to just the movies.

No way the prequel debacle is close…because they at least have made some efforts to fix that over 20 years.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
I just dipped my toe into Amazon Streaming, and I wasn't honestly impressed. The Boys got really boring and sloppy in season 2. The Wheel of Time looks like some money was thrown at it, but not talent- specifically in the direction, action, editing, and cinematography (the end of episode one is downright terrible in all respects). Honestly, Apple has impressed me- there isn't much, but what there is, is of high quality.
Not much going for Amazon at the moment. Hoping the upcoming Lee Child's Jack Reacher series will deliver whenever it drops.

Jack Ryan (decent, not stellar)
When's Season 3?

Last edited:

Jedijax719

The thing that gets me the most is lack of vision and pumping of the property. The MCU keeps going and going. Even the "setback" (not really much of a setback but rather lackluster reviews) of Eternals is not even close to being enough to put a dent in the MCU momentum.

Meanwhile, LFL cannot get a thing off the ground. Sure, we have the short-lived Fett series. But we don't even know when another season of Mando is coming. Obi is coming but no date. Other than that, we have Ahsoka with an known date and everything else is in a state of mystery.

LFL management has been horrible. They should be pushing the @#$% out of SW on D+.

doctornick

The thing that gets me the most is lack of vision and pumping of the property. The MCU keeps going and going. Even the "setback" (not really much of a setback but rather lackluster reviews) of Eternals is not even close to being enough to put a dent in the MCU momentum.

Meanwhile, LFL cannot get a thing off the ground. Sure, we have the short-lived Fett series. But we don't even know when another season of Mando is coming. Obi is coming but no date. Other than that, we have Ahsoka with an known date and everything else is in a state of mystery.

LFL management has been horrible. They should be pushing the @#$% out of SW on D+.

I don't disagree with your general point at all, but I'd mention that they also had The Bad Batch and Star Wars: Visions (and the last season of the Clone Wars) on Disney+.

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

Not only this…but don’t you get the suspicion that they stashed the most popular Mando character for “future considerations”

I don’t need to see a little green guy…but since they built the show around him there’s a higher than average chance Mando Goes GOT from here…

Jedijax719

Not only this…but don’t you get the suspicion that they stashed the most popular Mando character for “future considerations”

I don’t need to see a little green guy…but since they built the show around him there’s a higher than average chance Mando Goes GOT from here…
When/where did they do this? I haven't seen that. I always assume Grog-meister would be back!

Btw, Bad Batch and Visions just don't cut it. You had MCU "What If" but you also had Loki, Wanda, FAWS, Hawkeye, and all the stuff coming next year and the year after.

sedati

Can't get a thing off the ground- we are in times of plenty.
We used to get two hours of content every three years at best.
They recently got flak for putting two films out in a year and the releasing the chapter films in every other.

I get it though- I want more. And I'd think wanting someone to push the @#% out of something is a sign that what you got already is good and thus not horribly managed. And don't forget, that management beat Marvel by a whole year in getting a show to Disney+.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom