News Kali River Rapids to begin delayed openings starting today at Disney's Animal Kingdom

JIMINYCR

Went on it the other day and avoided getting soaked. Just as a warning .. at this point in time they do not have the covered area in the middle of the float available to keep your items from getting wet.

Marlins1

Rode Kali for the first time in years last month. My daughter and I noticed that it was a walk on first thing in the AM so it was actually worth it and we enjoyed it. So now of course they take that away. Would not wait more than 15 minutes.

Nickp1983

So we went on the one at Universal that looks a lot like this. For people who have been on both... how does the drench factor compare?
Yes. I'm the old dude that wears a poncho and goes shoeless.

acup313

So we went on the one at Universal that looks a lot like this. For people who have been on both... how does the drench factor compare?
I have ridden both. At the one in Universal I felt like everyone got drenched no matter what. On Kali, only my wife got drenched, and everyone else stayed fairly dry. So I think a drenching is possible, but not definite on it.

relic827

Hey you are not alone there bud. My wife and I went to Uni for 3 days last year (just before all the you know what) and we actually bought water shoes and ponchos at one of those kiosks just to ride Popeye and Dudley because we’d never ridden them because we kinda hate “get you wet” rides. Anywho, I’ve only been on those once and Kali once and I personally got WAY more wet on Popeye than anything else. I think we were out close to $100 after buying that stuff and renting lockers since the water ride lockers are the only ones that cost money... Mistakes were made.

Nickp1983

I have ridden both. At the one in Universal I felt like everyone got drenched no matter what. On Kali, only my wife got drenched, and everyone else stayed fairly dry. So I think a drenching is possible, but not definite on it.
Totally. Everyone gets drenched. We each wore like 3 ponchos on Popeye. Some dad got on with us. Jeans. New balance shoes. The entire Steve Carrel look from Crazy Stupid Love.
I looked over and and asked him if he wanted a poncho for at least his jeans. I also said he may want to take his shoes off and put them in the middle.
He gave me the biggest "shut your mouth" look ever.
He got it the worst. Waterfall after waterfall drenched his butt. He was so mad.. it was amazing.

relic827

Totally. Everyone gets drenched. We each wore like 3 ponchos on Popeye. Some dad got on with us. Jeans. New balance shoes. The entire Steve Carrel look from Crazy Stupid Love.
I looked over and and asked him if he wanted a poncho for at least his jeans. I also said he may want to take his shoes off and put them in the middle.
He gave me the biggest "shut your mouth" look ever.
He got it the worst. Waterfall after waterfall drenched his butt. He was so mad.. it was amazing.
Hey hey watch the NB hate over there!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom