News Kali River Rapids closing for 3 month refurbishment in early 2021

gerarar

Premium Member
I finally got to ride this last December for the first time. My favorite part of it was the queue (at night), although it was always a walk on. So I rode it a bunch of times to see the queue more and more. ;)

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
3 months???
Has anyone else spotted a Nautilus floating in the river yet?
kali sub.jpg

Last edited:

ppete1975

i was very disappointed, with this. It doesnt even feel six flags quality. Too short and little theming. Id love a redo of this ride, dont get rid of it.. just lengthen it (if possible ive never looked at the map) and tell a better story. Right now its a ride i dont even think anyone cares about.

Jones14

If the rapids after the drop were more intense I think it would be fine, but as it stands it moves much too quickly with very little payoff, especially when compared to to other rapids rides.

ppete1975

theres just little going on, several areas where there is just nothing to see.. no immersion. It honestly feels like "hey we need something in this space", instead of the normal well thought out story telling that disney is known for. Even at its length if it told a good story i think it would be great. I feel the layout (as small as it is) could feel thrilling if the immersion was there.

ppete1975

I have that with the railroad, and not just WDW but all parks around the world. I can't remember when I enjoyed the train for the last time (probably as a kid)(I'm 40 years old)
I have never ridden the train. Im 45 and live in oklahoma but get to go every few years, the train when i was younger didnt seem that big of a deal (they have them in other parks near me where they get robbed by bandits etc) and ive ridden real trains. But after i got into disney history and have seen how amazing the trains actually are (i thought they were more six flags quality when i was uninformed), i cant wait to ride them the next time im at one of the parks.

Stevie Amsterdam

I have never ridden the train. Im 45 and live in oklahoma but get to go every few years, the train when i was younger didnt seem that big of a deal (they have them in other parks near me where they get robbed by bandits etc) and ive ridden real trains. But after i got into disney history and have seen how amazing the trains actually are (i thought they were more six flags quality when i was uninformed), i cant wait to ride them the next time im at one of the parks.
Same! I rode it once at Disneyland in Anaheim and thought wow this is so much more than a transportation from A to B 😅 Haven’t been able to ride it ever since

UNCgolf

i was very disappointed, with this. It doesnt even feel six flags quality. Too short and little theming. Id love a redo of this ride, dont get rid of it.. just lengthen it (if possible ive never looked at the map) and tell a better story. Right now its a ride i dont even think anyone cares about.

It's always been far too short, but it used to have a decent story about deforestation. I believe some of the original effects are either turned off or no longer working.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom