Just when you thought it was safe to sit on the beach at WDW...

John park hopper

Gators will go wherever they want. Live in costal SC remember being in my boat (in saltwater) about a mile from shore in the salt marsh creeks. Son said look an alligator sure enough it was about a 7 foot gator. Gators can tolerate salt water for a while, can't live in it for long periods. Had 3 living in a salt water creek not far from the house one day they were gone.

John park hopper

Disney Lagoon new mascot

KCheatle

As a kid, I remember seeing a gater in the water of the jungle cruise. I also remember being really creeped out by the idea that if I walked in the grass at night outside of our room in the wing of the contemporary that I might step on or run into a gator. My brother would go out and watch the Electric Water Pageant sitting in the grass, and I would not leave the "safety" of our concrete patio. However, I would swim at River Country without a second thought! :p I guess my point is that gators are nothing new to WDW. They have always been there and will always be there. The fact that we have co-existed for decades with extremely limited negative interaction goes to show that, statistically, they aren't really much of a threat at WDW.

Skibum1970

My sister lives down in Naples and had a decent sized gator climb over her fence just to chill. When she and her husband went outside, he quickly scrambled back over the fence. The fence was a standard four or five foot chain link fence and he had no trouble with it. I don't think that she has a pool but maybe just provided a place for a curious gator to investigate.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Original Poster
Well..... I feel like its only ever a matter of time for most animals to figure out the road blocks humans put up. Alligators climbing fences wasn't something I'd ever considered, but it makes sense. Especially those tiny short ones they put up on Disney beaches.
Really. Who thought this...

could stop this... ?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom