Just Venting

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
I like that there's a mix of unit types that sleep 5. Copper Creek is the only one where it's still 4/4/8 post-Saratoga refurb.

Will probably happen during the next refurb. Seems like they are doing that in all DVC 1 bedrooms lately.
They're next in line for hard goods right? 2022?

JaxFLBear

Without significant modifications to the kitchen in the 1-bedroom, there isn't enough room between the kitchen and connecting door to the studio portion of a 2-bedroom lock-off.

Link below should open the floor plan for a BRV 2-bed lock-off:

Last edited:

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Without significant modifications to the kitchen in the 1-bedroom, there isn't enough room between the kitchen and connecting door to the studio portion of a 2-bedroom lock-off.

That's not where it goes in a 1 bedroom. It's on the opposite wall from the TV.

1632841065995.png

It replaces this couch.

nickys

Premium Member
The twin size pull-down beds were added to create rooms that sleep 5. The 1-beds that originally slept 5 were those that had the sleeper chair, but there was demand for studios that could sleep 5 too.

There is an issue with the layout of the living rooms in 1-beds at BRV, BCV and I think BWV. Saratoga had a similar issue but they removed the breakfast bar and were able to fit it in. However the down side is that at SSR now, there is no storage at all in the living area for clothes etc. The only option is the table with the lift up lid, there are no drawers. Personally that’s a problem for us, it may not be a problem for everyone.

The wall queen Murphy beds will be coming to studios and living rooms of larger villas at virtually all resorts when they get a full refurb (Poly showed sometime it happens on a soft goods refurb). OKW may be the exception, there is no wall space that works, with the double aspect windows.

Mike730

Hey I wanna join the venting too! I find that I'm asking myself a new version of this question nearly every year. For example:
  1. Why doesn't Boardwalk have any dedicated 2 BRs?
  2. Why do the Dedicated 2BRs at Vero Beach have a queen & a pullout in the second bedroom, unlike every other resort where there are two queens?
  3. What's the deal with the new murphy beds? Some are Double and some are Queen but everyone seems to refer to them interchangeably. According to the Disney, SSR Studios have the Double and SSR 1BR & 2BR have the Queen. Why ain't it just Queens all around? Is Disney right or is it all the same mattress?

nickys

Premium Member
Hey I wanna join the venting too! I find that I'm asking myself a new version of this question nearly every year. For example:
  1. Why doesn't Boardwalk have any dedicated 2 BRs?
  2. Why do the Dedicated 2BRs at Vero Beach have a queen & a pullout in the second bedroom, unlike every other resort where there are two queens?
  3. What's the deal with the new murphy beds? Some are Double and some are Queen but everyone seems to refer to them interchangeably. According to the Disney, SSR Studios have the Double and SSR 1BR & 2BR have the Queen. Why ain't it just Queens all around? Is Disney right or is it all the same mattress?
3. Maybe it was a lack of wall space in the studio. If it’s true, that is.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom