Pre-Trip Just told the kids....

We were last at The World in Easter 2012. Two days after getting home we had already booked for our upcoming trip!!
We kept it a secret from the kids - DS 9 and DD 6 - until this weekend. We had some family trouble and suddenly decided we wanted the kids to share the joy.
And we needed them to pick out their costume for MNSSHP.

So we sat them down and said ;

You know how Mummy and Daddy say you shouldn't keep secrets or tell lies, well we have kept a secret from you two. We booked for Florida, going to Disney (and Uni, cough) and doing the Halloween party and Christmas party.

Silence followed by realisation dawning, cue grins as big as Cheshire cats and whoops of delight.

Gave them their vinylmations and pins, which they loved.

Then told DS that for three of the nights we were staying in Contemporary, which is his dream resort since he was about 5, and he burst into tears of joy. He made us take this when we were there last year -
DSCF3321.JPG

ferbtones

Original Poster
Hi farrellbarrel.

Well we are staying in Saratoga for 9 nights, three in Contemporary, then three in Royal Pacific at Universal.

Have booked My Perfectly Princess Tea Party for me and DD, as she loves characters and especially princesses, and we are having a trip about the experiences rather than just dashing from ride to ride.

This will be our overall 7th trip to WDW, 5th for DS and 4th for DD, so rides are nothing new. But we say this may be last trip for a long time so we want to treasure it. Mind you we said that last Easter.....

New dining experiences we will be having include BoG, Via Napoli, Tusker House, Akershus brekkie (had lunch before), CRT dinner (had brekkie and lunch before).

We will be taking a day out for the beach, probably Clearwater, as last year we really enjoyed this.

We will also be doing lots of shopping, outlets, DTD, Florida Mall.

So now all family is excited, which feels nicer.

tare

I love the reaction on my dd's face when we tell her about a disney trip. A few times we kept it secret until we picked her up from school early

coachwnh

We were last at The World in Easter 2012. Two days after getting home we had already booked for our upcoming trip!!
We kept it a secret from the kids - DS 9 and DD 6 - until this weekend. We had some family trouble and suddenly decided we wanted the kids to share the joy.
And we needed them to pick out their costume for MNSSHP.

So we sat them down and said ;

You know how Mummy and Daddy say you shouldn't keep secrets or tell lies, well we have kept a secret from you two. We booked for Florida, going to Disney (and Uni, cough) and doing the Halloween party and Christmas party.

Silence followed by realisation dawning, cue grins as big as Cheshire cats and whoops of delight.

Gave them their vinylmations and pins, which they loved.

Then told DS that for three of the nights we were staying in Contemporary, which is his dream resort since he was about 5, and he burst into tears of joy. He made us take this when we were there last year -View attachment 29961
That is awesome!!! So happy for you all!

ferbtones

Original Poster
image.jpg

Just to update, have all costumes ready now for halloween party.

We are going as wreck it Ralph.

Dd6 is vanellope, ds10 is Felix, dh is Ralph and I am minty.

Just painted my dd nails for trip.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom