Just saw "Tomorrowland Trailer" my impression

Siren

Strangely, my opinion is the the Disney company is using park budgets to market this movie and they made the movie to avoid improving tomorrowland in the park. It needs transparency.
I thought I was the only one who was slightly annoyed with this. I will not miss Captain EO, but I don't like the idea of losing an attraction solely for marketing purposes. And, if Disney is using funds that are allocated for park use to promote this film, that is sort of messed up, too. I can't say if Disney made the movie to avoid improving Tomorrowland, though. But, how hard is it to replace Captain EO with a new attraction, especially since Disney has plenty of existing IP's and content to work with?

NMBC1993

But, how hard is it to replace Captain EO with a new attraction, especially since Disney has plenty of existing IP's and content to work with?

Yes but don't forget, creating a brand new attraction would require the company to spend larger amounts of money compared to taking a trailer that was already created and slapping it in their theme parks.

FoozieBear

I don't think so. EO should be on it's way out by now, and I hope this is showing that is exactly what they're doing. Once they have no better alternative to replace EO with, they might as well market their upcoming movies in the theater. It's not like it's being used for anything better anyway.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
I don't think so. EO should be on it's way out by now, and I hope this is showing that is exactly what they're doing. Once they have no better alternative to replace EO with, they might as well market their upcoming movies in the theater. It's not like it's being used for anything better anyway.
Id prefer it reamain an attraction of some sort...you know, those thing that once upon a time the company took pride in creating.

Disney6166

You are absolutely right. Captain EO is way old and the film is horrendous. Instead of having it empty doing nothing, collecting mold they should use it for this purpose. When I was in Disneyland last Halloween we saw Big Hero 6 and it was a great place to cool off. The previews are about 8 minutes long so they are better than the ones you get at the movies also. Kudos to Disney for doing this. However after saying all this the attraction does need to be replaced, but it will be a while probably until they get another sponsor willing to cough $50 mil+ to sponsor the pavilion.

roj2323

OP is just using this movie as a reason to complain about unrelated topics.

Disney Parks and Resorts and Disney studios while under a common corporate name are for all practical purposes Separate companies. Money doesn't get commingled. This is even true of the 6 parks in WDW. Each park has it's own operating budget and monetary allotments per year which is then further broken up into the individual park operations departments.

draybook

Captain EO isn't empty, hate to burst your bubble. Been there last September, thus February and just this past Friday, never was it less than half full. I've seen way more attractions with less attendance.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

I never got to even see Captain EO yet and want to see it at least once before it leaves. Tomorrowland might just give Future World and Tomorrow land that boost they both needed to gain some love again. That's if the movie is successful.

POLY LOVER

I liked the idea of a retro look back at the EO ride. An area with displays of old attraction items would be great. Display the subs from 20,000 legues etc. what would you like to see displayed in a disney museum.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom