Trip Report Just returned from the World! POP Century 7/15-7/19/20-Completed!

Hello everyone! Long time reader and some time comment leaver here. I live in Southwest Florida, about 3 hours from the World, single female and 54 years young. I wanted to give a quick verbal update (I didn't really take many photos) to let you know my experiences in Walt Disney World last week. I stayed at POP for 4 nights with 4 days of park passes. I came solo for 3 days and my niece joined me for the last park day. This trip was originally booked for February, but rebooked 4 times until I gave in and went. I'm so glad I did, but the current experience may not be what everyone is looking for.

My first park was Animal Kingdom on 7/15 and I felt like I had the park to myself! I took the bus from POP (only person on the bus that was pulling up as I was walking up) and got there an hour after opening. I left almost an hour before closing, doing all experiences once, and several of them multiple times. If you have ever waited on the bridge from FoTLK to FoP, I was the only person on that bridge several times. Just me and some wonderful CM's that made the walk very entertaining. If you are someone who goes to Disney World for the extra entertainment, you should probably wait to return. I love coming to the parks solo as I am able to wander around and just look. The music is always playing in the background, but you will definitely miss the "extras" of the live entertainment. There are also less carts open so if you are looking for snacks, you may have a hard time locating them. Most of the food is mobile ordering, including at POP. That got a little irritating if you are getting back from a park and want to eat right away, as there were wait times of about 20 minutes after park closing. Absolutely 100% enforcement of mask wearing, and I did not see anyone trying to get away with not wearing one. It was actually quite refreshing to be out in public where everyone wants to play by the rules! The characters would float by randomly with music playing and them dancing. Watched several fun interactions between the characters and kids, including a few myself! I walked out with a great big smile on my face, thankful for the quiet walk around Animal Kingdom and still able to feel all the the Disney magic.

Darstarr

In the Parks
No
Wow. What a great trip. I have a few trips planned and your report has given me insight on the new normal. Thanks!

Darksean

I have reservations for Pop 9/13-18 and it looks like we're still going. Thank you for this thread. May I ask you a question or two? You said getting food at Pop was done via mobile ordering. Is that the only way to get food there? We can no longer walk up and order?

After the mobile ordering, how do you pick up your food? Are you able to sit at a table and eat it?

Thanks again.

cgersic

Original Poster
I have reservations for Pop 9/13-18 and it looks like we're still going. Thank you for this thread. May I ask you a question or two? You said getting food at Pop was done via mobile ordering. Is that the only way to get food there? We can no longer walk up and order?

After the mobile ordering, how do you pick up your food? Are you able to sit at a table and eat it?

Thanks again.
Yay!! So glad you are getting to go! Almost everywhere is now mobile ordering only - including in the parks. You place the order on your phone and they will text you when it's ready. There is a cast member standing outside the entrance to the food court and you tell them you got your text. They send you in to the normal ordering area and there are numbered tables set up. The text and cast member will tell you what table it's at. It will be in a paper bag and yes, you can sit inside and eat or the normal tables outside as well (all with social distancing measures being taken). There are also tables and dots to stand on at the drink refill stations with a cast member behind it. They ask what you want, they fill up a paper cup and hand it to you to fill your mug. I hope you have a fabulous time and can't wait for the report!

Darksean

Yay!! So glad you are getting to go! Almost everywhere is now mobile ordering only - including in the parks. You place the order on your phone and they will text you when it's ready. There is a cast member standing outside the entrance to the food court and you tell them you got your text. They send you in to the normal ordering area and there are numbered tables set up. The text and cast member will tell you what table it's at. It will be in a paper bag and yes, you can sit inside and eat or the normal tables outside as well (all with social distancing measures being taken). There are also tables and dots to stand on at the drink refill stations with a cast member behind it. They ask what you want, they fill up a paper cup and hand it to you to fill your mug. I hope you have a fabulous time and can't wait for the report!

Thank you very much for replying. We're looking forward to going.

wendysue

Hi there! Not at all! If you just want a drink refill, you go to the entrance to the food court and tell them. You are then sent to some tables that have been set up by the drink stations. There are dots to stand on in line. They will fill whatever drink you want into a paper cup and hand it to you to put in your cup. For magic bands, you do have to enter a PIN. I do think it's strange that there are no hand sanitizers next to card readers (I see this everywhere, not just at Disney) but you can usually find a dispenser close by. At the food court and most restaurants, you have to mobile order, so no cash. At EPCOT, you can pay with cash at the booths. That's the only time I needed to use it.
So, probably a stupid question, but if you don't have a smart phone, how would you mobile order? My cousins are going soon and they do not have smart phones.

Schweino

Hello! Thank you for your write up! We are heading back to POP on 11/27 for our Honeymoon! I had a couple questions if you have some free time:

1. It seemed you had no problem leaving in the middle of the day and coming back. Do you have to do anything special to come back into the parks or because you reserved to go to a park one day you can go back 3 times if you wanted to within that day? My wife and myself love taking breaks in the middle of the day to relax at the resort.

2. This is a silly question - but how big are the paper cups when getting drinks? I'm a thirsty guy and a little 8oz cup would be pretty frustrating :) Both at the parks and at Pop! Lol

cgersic

Original Poster
Hello! Thank you for your write up! We are heading back to POP on 11/27 for our Honeymoon! I had a couple questions if you have some free time:

1. It seemed you had no problem leaving in the middle of the day and coming back. Do you have to do anything special to come back into the parks or because you reserved to go to a park one day you can go back 3 times if you wanted to within that day? My wife and myself love taking breaks in the middle of the day to relax at the resort.

2. This is a silly question - but how big are the paper cups when getting drinks? I'm a thirsty guy and a little 8oz cup would be pretty frustrating :) Both at the parks and at Pop! Lol
Hi there! I always have free time when it comes to this site! :happy: You can leave and come back as many times as you want during the day. Having the park reservation takes care of that. Just keep in mind with the park hours changing it may be harder to return before closing. There are no silly questions! The paper cups are actually bigger than the resort mugs, so you have enough to fill your mug and have some left over. I hope you have a wonderful honeymoon!!

cgersic

Original Poster

I'm re-reading my report and just saw that you are there right now?! Hope you are having a fabulous time!

Schweino

I'm re-reading my report and just saw that you are there right now?! Hope you are having a fabulous time!
Oh no - that was last year! FWIW we did have a great time, even during Covid. I am freaking sold on Disney during Christmas time and currently trying to get ducks in a row to go again next holiday with my parents, sister and in-laws :)

cgersic

Original Poster
Oh no - that was last year! FWIW we did have a great time, even during Covid. I am freaking sold on Disney during Christmas time and currently trying to get ducks in a row to go again next holiday with my parents, sister and in-laws :)
You know, I wondered last night if I had the wrong year! :joyfull: I completely agree and now I'm wishing I were going to be there to see the parade that they are gong to run nightly at MK! I've never gone to one of the Christmas parties, so I've never seen it.

Schweino

You know, I wondered last night if I had the wrong year! :joyfull: I completely agree and now I'm wishing I were going to be there to see the parade that they are gong to run nightly at MK! I've never gone to one of the Christmas parties, so I've never seen it.
The Christmas party is one of the secondary reasons we want to go back during holidays. The main reason is to take my in-laws, who have never been to WDW (Just Land and Paris).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom