Just purchased our airline tickets....

draybook

Original Poster
Man, it almost brought tears to my eyes when I completed the purchase. Not because of the Magical destination, but because I really hate spending money. However, the rates were too good to pass up. Round-trip from Memphis to Orlando for the four of us was $842. Not too shabby at all.

I'm looking forward to it, as it will be my first time flying since 1999, and the first time for my wife and kids.

BigTxEars

Man, it almost brought tears to my eyes when I completed the purchase. Not because of the Magical destination, but because I really hate spending money. However, the rates were too good to pass up. Round-trip from Memphis to Orlando for the four of us was $842. Not too shabby at all.

I'm looking forward to it, as it will be my first time flying since 1999, and the first time for my wife and kids.

4 of us from Houston:

Total Air Cost
$1,636.80

You suck!

:)

BigTxEars

Just checked Expedia, roundtrip for four $1,476.00.

I got screwed ! :)

Oh well water under the bridge I guess.

What is the best way, buy early or wait till closer to the departure day to buy a ticket? I always buy early, looks like maybe I should not.

Lucky

That's ironic, because Memphis is since it's a main hub for the country. That's why I'm glad that Delta is leaving because they had a monopoly on the place.
Kinda sad though they're shutting down half the airport. Lots of jobs lost.

draybook

Original Poster
Just checked Expedia, roundtrip for four $1,476.00.

I got screwed ! :)

Oh well water under the bridge I guess.

What is the best way, buy early or wait till closer to the departure day to buy a ticket? I always buy early, looks like maybe I should not.

I read an article that said that the best time to buy is on a Tuesday and I think it said around 80-120 days out can be the best.

BigTxEars

What airline?! I got a swa card and always use point to fly from hobby.

Air Trans from Hobby to Atlanta, SW from Atlanta to Orlando and then SW from Orlando to Houston.

Heck I should have enough SW points soon to get a free flight at least!

I have a Disney VISA and use that for points for Disney. Maybe a SW card would be better, not sure.

draybook

Original Poster
Try using Kayak, as it usually compares them all. I put in my app for a Disney Visa today, hopefully I'll know something soon.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom