Just off the 1st cruise Dream--best trip ever

PaulaT

Original Poster
Just finished our first cruise on the Dream - I'm not sure why it took so long to do this. We are WDW veterans. My girls are 14/13 and they have been to WDW 27 times but I finally convinced my hubby to try a 3 day cruise for our daughters 13th birthday. My hubby is super cheap so the cost was holding us back but after the last 3 days and the exceptional service and pampering and the amazing food and immaculate rooms and ship in general, I'm ready to book our next cruise immediately!! My girls had so much fun at the Edge/Vibe, stayed out until about 1am every night and had no problem getting up early the next day to continue the fun! We had a deluxe family ocean view stateroom with porthole and wow the storage in the room was great. So many drawers,cabinets, 2closets. Way more storage than the resort rooms. I could go on and on but I will stop here by saying best cruise line, best trip!!!

belledream

Oh my gosh, aren't the rooms (and of course, the ship) beautiful? II totally have this weird fascination with how many drawers and cabinets the staterooms have! It gives me that 'nook & cranny' feel and makes the whole stateroom feel kinda like captain's quarters or my own secret hideout. Glad you had such a fun time!

EOD K9

Just finished our first cruise on the Dream - I'm not sure why it took so long to do this. We are WDW veterans. My girls are 14/13 and they have been to WDW 27 times but I finally convinced my hubby to try a 3 day cruise for our daughters 13th birthday. My hubby is super cheap so the cost was holding us back but after the last 3 days and the exceptional service and pampering and the amazing food and immaculate rooms and ship in general, I'm ready to book our next cruise immediately!! My girls had so much fun at the Edge/Vibe, stayed out until about 1am every night and had no problem getting up early the next day to continue the fun! We had a deluxe family ocean view stateroom with porthole and wow the storage in the room was great. So many drawers,cabinets, 2closets. Way more storage than the resort rooms. I could go on and on but I will stop here by saying best cruise line, best trip!!!
Welcome to the Castaway Club!! I've stated in previous threads that cruising with DCL shows me what WDW used to be (service) and should be. Next time, bring lots of door magnets and don't forget to book your placeholder cruise.

Last edited:

bow0303

So exciting. We'll be taking our 3rd cruise on the Dream in August. We loved everything about it. We have taken a 4 night and 3 night. I will say that 3 days just was too short. But 3 days onboard is better than 0 days onboard, so we'll take that anytime we can. ;)

Last edited:

EOD K9

You should just like myself and @lostpro9het. We've been to WDW numerous times and I finally convinced him to take a cruise. It's such a completely different experience than WDW. The customer service, atmosphere, food, etc., are all amazing!
If you'll excuse the pun, most of us are in the same boat. We all (most of us) really love WDW. Sometimes you need to find a similar but new experience. Cruising is the new way to go for us. I'll usually do one slow day in MK when we disembark, but generally, shipboard life/vacation just feels better.
The crew and atmosphere seem better. You can really slow down on the ship. You only have a set number of people aboard so there isn't a major crowd to speak of. When in the World, you feel rushed to hit FP or ADRs, but just being on the boat is a different experience.

imahistorygeek

Cruising is the new way to go for us. I'll usually do one slow day in MK when we disembark, but generally, shipboard life/vacation just feels better. The crew and atmosphere seem better. You can really slow down on the ship. You only have a set number of people aboard so there isn't a major crowd to speak of. When in the World, you feel rushed to hit FP or ADRs, but just being on the boat is a different experience.

I completely agree. I feel like I can actually relax when I'm on the cruise. It's go go go at WDW. Not that I don't love it, but sometimes you want a slower pace. We've slowed down at WDW, but not like DCL slow down.

MotherofaPrincessLover

I'm always go go go on cruises, too. I can't help it, I just don't want to miss anything. Next cruise I might try to relax a little more (as much as a person with a two year old boy can relax).

PaulaT

Original Poster
Please, GO ON AND ON!! Would love to hear lots more details about your experience. We are looking to do a cruise next summer with out daughter who will then be 14 years old...
I'm sure it depends on your daughter and how outgoing she is...also how much freedom you will let her have. My 14 year old was a little hesitant at first to do the vibe by herself but shortly realized everyone is solo (for the most part) so the counselors were good at making everyone feel welcome and doing "ice breaker" type things to introduce people. There are activities all day long. We as a family had planned to do the 5k and rent snorklel, bike, tube on castaway cay but last minute my 14 year decided she wanted to do the "wild side" teen excursion on castaway cay with her new friends so we went to the excursion desk and they switched her around and she did it. She met with them in the morning, they all got off the ship together, did their thing until about 1pm, then hung out in the vibe area on the island and then all got back on the ship.....didn't see her except when we just happen to cross paths.
I also recommend renting the bike. The island is awesome, relatively flat, and its nice to ride around and see everything. If you have questions I'd love to help, I was the same way.....already booked our next one for September we loved it that much.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
It's the beds...if only the resorts had beds like the staterooms. And the split bathroom - what genius!

Finally did a 7 night cruise for SW - still got off thinking "there was so much more we could have done". Planning Cruise #5 which after that will make me Gold. My son in law is 3 away from Platinum.

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
My youngest was 15 on her first cruise and she was so upset when she turned 18 and couldn't go to the club any longer. She made a lot of friends on every cruise. We are Gold and slowly creeping up on Platinum.
I'm so happy that you had such a wonderful time. My next cruise is in July and I can't wait for it to get here.
There really is nothing like a Disney cruise lol

Pam

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom