Just heard on the radio today....

MrPromey

Original Poster
Just heard on the radio today that the Vivendi/Universal offices in France were raided today by the French government. Apparently they have reason to believe that there has been a little Enron/Worldcom accounting going on over there. Perhaps a sale of the parks is more eminent that we may have previously thought...

There weren't a lot of details but I figured that I'd post what I heard.

I honestly don't think a sale would affect guests much either way.

pheneix

It should be noted that this is all over accusations of mismanagement made during the Messier era, and not because of actions made by the company in the past month or so.

It sure is a shame that all of this is coming to a head with a new captain on the bridge, and not the person that is responsible for the accused actions.

MrPromey

Original Poster
Originally posted by pheneix
It should be noted that this is all over accusations of mismanagement made during the Messier era, and not because of actions made by the company in the past month or so.

It sure is a shame that all of this is coming to a head with a new captain on the bridge, and not the person that is responsible for the accused actions.

Good point.

You really have to feel sorry for the guy in charge now though. How do you stop the leaks in a sinking ship when the ghost of the former captain is still running around with a hammer punching holes?

pheneix

>>>How do you stop the leaks in a sinking ship when the ghost of the former captain is still running around with a hammer punching holes?<<<

Call the Ghostbusters!

Seriously though, at least one hole is going to be punched through Universal Orlando's marketing department when the VUE division starts laying off people early next year. In my opinion this is a very good thing because with the recent Chirstmas marketing campaigns the team has shown that they still don't have a clue (how HHN was so well promoted is beyond me).

All other divisions will probably be unaffected in Orlando.

jackzero

Well,anytime you bring on new managment,they like to trim the fat and bring on their own people. I had a friend of mine who worked in marketing for six flags over texas during the time warner days...When Premier bought SF from AOL TW, My friends department was one of the first to be consolidated and she was soon after let go.

If they sell them off..who are the potential bidders?

pheneix

>>>When Premier bought SF from AOL TW, My friends department was one of the first to be consolidated and she was soon after let go.<<<

Premier is a terrible company....

>>>If they sell them off..who are the potential bidders?<<<

Whoever has around $35 billion in cash to spend. There aren't many people with that kind of money right now.

Figment1986

I have a funny idea. Viacom buys them they have money left right. then Nick would never havge to leave.
Or even better Bill Gates purchases Universal, lol
(MicroVersal studios, MicroVersal Uni1 oporating system,:lol: :lol: )

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom