Just got switched to Boulder Ridge from Wilderness Lodge

Yellow Shoes

Original Poster
Today's topic:
Coffee pots.
I know that coffee will be provided, but I want to bring my own--because I am an over-planner, we get up long before anything will be open (5 am), and I want to make sure we have it.

It looks like there is a regular drip coffee pot in the studio rooms. Is it 4-cup or 10-cup? I was thinking about bringing filter packs. These are made for a regular 10 cup pot--they are not single serve packs.

So....will this be the right size for those pots, or do I need Plan B?

1539121418306.png

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
All DVC rooms have either a 10 or 12 cup drip coffee maker. We always buy the Mickey coffee when we get there.

DisDadWoz

The DVC will have the 12 cup coffee makers. We have used the all in ones like you have pictured but now we bring a reusable filter and our own ground coffee. (Flavor is dependent on the season) Using our own filter and coffee allows some flexibility depending on what our morning plans are for each day and how much we plan on drinking.

TheGuyThatMakesSwords

...and a question? Were you switched voluntarily, or by WDW edict? DW and I are BRV owners.... just trying to understand if the main lodge is trying to push people out, due to a potential refurb.....

Yellow Shoes

Original Poster
Long-ish story.
I had booked Wilderness Lodge standard view in August. I knew there would be special offers for travel in January, and suspected they would be released in October--ish.
Being the determined nerd that I am, I began checking the WDW website daily and found Boulder Ridge for $50/ night less than WL. (availability lasted less than 24 hours)
Money talks....
So the decision was all mine. I think I still would have preferred the main lodge and a room with 2 real beds, but am thrilled with the price.
We will have an ECV with us, and I am a bit dismayed at the trek to the boat, but we may not be able to do that anyway. I do like that BR seems closer to the bus stop, however.

So, no--WDW did not force us out--perhaps only indirectly with the special pricing.

And since you're here....
The walk to Roaring Forks will be a long one. We won't be eating much in the room--coffee and we'll need milk the cereal we will bring from home. Is there somewhere in BR for grab and go eats?

Yellow Shoes

Original Poster
The DVC will have the 12 cup coffee makers. We have used the all in ones like you have pictured but now we bring a reusable filter and our own ground coffee. (Flavor is dependent on the season) Using our own filter and coffee allows some flexibility depending on what our morning plans are for each day and how much we plan on drinking.
THANKS!
We will be flying and no rental car, so will be limited to what we wish to carry. In all likelihood we will be OK with what is provided, but I wanted to make sure.

correcaminos

Long-ish story.
I had booked Wilderness Lodge standard view in August. I knew there would be special offers for travel in January, and suspected they would be released in October--ish.
Being the determined nerd that I am, I began checking the WDW website daily and found Boulder Ridge for $50/ night less than WL. (availability lasted less than 24 hours)
Money talks....
So the decision was all mine. I think I still would have preferred the main lodge and a room with 2 real beds, but am thrilled with the price.
We will have an ECV with us, and I am a bit dismayed at the trek to the boat, but we may not be able to do that anyway. I do like that BR seems closer to the bus stop, however.

So, no--WDW did not force us out--perhaps only indirectly with the special pricing.

The walk to Roaring Forks will be a long one. We won't be eating much in the room--coffee and we'll need milk the cereal we will bring from home. Is there somewhere in BR for grab and go eats?

The closest to BRV is Geyser Point. They have a QS window you can get things from. All other food will be in the main lodge.

TheGuyThatMakesSwords

Long-ish story.
Money talks....

Wellll.... not really. You'll pretty much be going to the Main Hotel for food. But BRV to Hotel is short, totally covered :).

Now you mentioned an ECV... do you need an "accessible" room? BRV has several. These have zero clearance showers, larger more open bathrooms. If you think you would like one? CALL. BRV generally has SEVERAL of these available....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom