Trip Report Just got home! Trip report July 2014

We've just got home from an 11 day stay in Florida. We didn't stay on site this time. We weren't planning to go this year, but we saw a package holiday for a good price a few weeks ago, and convinced ourselves to go! We didn't tell our teenage daughters, as we were hoping to surprise them, so we said we were going somewhere closer to home, and surprised them at the airport! I'm just sorting out the photos, then I'll start the report properly.

DisSplash

It's so hard keeping a secret isn't it DisSplash? We nearly let it slip a few times, but when we asked them later they said that they honestly had no idea!

Oh definitely!! Especially when everything is planned out so far in advance. We had our January cruise last July and it was a Christmas gift to the family. So many times I just wanted to tell them as I was so full of excitement for it all. But we were pretty good. I got a little nervous when the magic bands came, as they were waiting in the mailing box on our porch when we came home from work/school one day and my daughter actually picked it up and started to open it when I wasn't looking. She noticed it said "Disney" on it (Agh!) which is when I noticed what she was doing, but I quickly told her it was a Christmas gift for her aunt and grabbed it from her. She never had a clue otherwise.

You can tell by your daughters' expressions that they were completely surprised! They look absolutely gleeful, and lovely, I might add. Your daughters are very beautiful! They should look into working for Disney someday! :)

DiSnEyF@n

I just love this!!! We surprised our kids, too, two years ago... We live in Jersey and we told them we were going to the shore for the week... and then we surprised them and they flipped out!!! They were so excited! It was worth holding back and not telling them that whole time (It seemed like forever, too!!!)

minnie2000

Original Poster
You'll need to upload to an external site. Try photobucket or imageshack. Photobucket will require an account, but it's free. Then you'll upload to that, and it will give you links that you can use to add them to your post. Google might have something similar in their cloud/drive upload.

I used to use photo bucket, but I wanted to upload them to this website as it was so much easier. My first few photos uploaded with no problem, I don't know why the next ones won't.

minnie2000

Original Poster
Friday 18th July

Today we planned to go to DHS. We had fast passes for the little mermaid, Toy Story and then the muppets 3D. DHS is not really one of our favourite parks, in fact we didn't go there last time we went to WDW, but we do like the Toy Story ride.

We got to the park soon after opening, and the girls were given cardboard Olafs to keep.

It took a bit longer to get to the park than we thought, so we missed our first fp which was for the little mermaid. We walked to the area behind the hat, and used the fp kiosks to change our missed fp to a later one. One thing we noticed was that very often the cast members in the fp kiosks were quite miserable. Some were friendly but many lacked the Disney charm.

We went on the Great Movie ride as the line was short. We hadn't been on the ride for quite a few years so we enjoyed it.

Then it was time to go on the toy story ride. We all love this, but we don't like waiting in line for it. Luckily we walked straight through with our fast passes. Here are the girls..

The ride was great, and I beat DH! Here is the photo to prove it, mine is on the right.

As we went outside, we met one of the toy soldiers, and DD wanted a photo with him.

We went into the Pirates of the Caribbean show, but we weren't very impressed with it. We stopped on a bench for a cool drink and snack, mmm uncrustables!

We decided to make our way to the muppet area, and passed the frozen ice skating area. Although we didn't want to skate, we went in to have a look. We were lucky because we walked right in, and later on there was a long line just to get in the building. We watched some of the Frozen characters ice skating, but I don't know who they were because I think I am the only person who hasn't seen the film yet! There was an app you could download and take pictures, and the Frozen characters appeared with you - the girls loved this. There was also an area with real snow where kids could make snowmen etc.

We went back outside and walked around to the muppets. We really didn't need a fp, as it was a walk on. We enjoyed the show and then went to watch the little mermaid show. We then watched the animation show, and felt hot and tired so decided to leave the park.

At one point we stopped to take this photo

which reminded me of the one we took fifteen years ago,

On the way out, we passed the cast member who had given the girls their Olafs. She said, 'Hey, I remember you!" and gave them a big smile. She was a great cm, and she could have shown the fp kiosk staff how to treat the guests!

We went back to the hotel and spent some time by the pool. Later on, we headed back to the Polynesian for a meal at the Kona Café.

This used to be one of our favourite restaurants, but the meal we had was ok. Nothing wrong with it, but not a fantastic meal like the ones we used to have there. We used to love the teriaki steak, but that is no longer on the menu, so we tried the plain steak. As I said, mine was just ok, and I wouldn't have it again.

Allym146

Love the comparison of the car photos! Looks like so much fun! My husband surprised me with a disney trip 4 years ago and I think I just kept saying "no! No! No?? Yes!!!" So great:D.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom