Just Got Back

Matt and Kelly

Original Poster
After a great 9 day vacation in WDW, we returned back home to Edmonton yesterday afternoon. This is not a trip report or anything, though I will start one once we have all our pictures uploaded, but I wanted to share a few quick things before getting into greater detail with my report.

First off, the Wilderness Lodge is a great resort! The building and the grounds surrounding it are amazing to look at. The rooms were cozy but certainyl got the job done. The pool area was very nice and we utilized it quite a bit on this trip. Can't complain at all about the location as most of our park time was spent at the Magic Kingdom. I would definitely stay there again.

The parks were in great shape. All were spotless and you could certainly feel the magic. MK looked awesome with all the Halloween decorations. Nothing over the top, but just enough to set the tone for the season.

Aside from maybe one or two Cast Members, everyone was amazingly friendly and made us feel welcome where ever we were in the World. Hats off to everyone there who make our vacations that much better with the way they treat their guests.

The weather was gorgeous, with the exception of a 45 minute torrential downpour or September 9th. Being an igloo-dweller from Northern Canada the heat and humidity were very tough to get used to, especially when each day seemed hotter than the next. It was a nice change from what I am used to but still a little tough to deal with when you have an 11 month old with you.

All in all, the trip was awesome! It was great to make it back to WDW and see the magic is still there firsthand. With any luck I will be able to start my report on the weekend and get into more detail.

The Empress Lilly

After a great 9 day vacation in WDW, we returned back home to Edmonton yesterday afternoon.

The parks were in great shape. All were spotless and you could certainly feel the magic. MK looked awesome with all the Halloween decorations. Nothing over the top, but just enough to set the tone for the season.

Aside from maybe one or two Cast Members, everyone was amazingly friendly and made us feel welcome where ever we were in the World. Hats off to everyone there who make our vacations that much better with the way they treat their guests.

The weather was gorgeous, with the exception of a 45 minute torrential downpour or September 9th. Being an igloo-dweller from Northern Canada the heat and humidity were very tough to get used to, especially when each day seemed hotter than the next. It was a nice change from what I am used to but still a little tough to deal with when you have an 11 month old with you.

All in all, the trip was awesome! It was great to make it back to WDW and see the magic is still there firsthand. With any luck I will be able to start my report on the weekend and get into more detail.
Good to hear you had a wonderful time!

I was there at the same time as you! (you know...that sweaty, stinky, 'been-out-in-the-sun-too-long' smell in the monorail behind you? That was me)

I can only affirm your experience. Great weather, lovely CM's everywhere, parks were magical.

MarkTwain

Yes, the Wilderness Lodge is a fantastic resort - up there with the Boardwalk as the best on property, IMO. Don't let the secret out though... let the other WDWmagicians have their Poly. :D :animwink:

Matt and Kelly

Original Poster
Good to hear you had a wonderful time!

I was there at the same time as you! (you know...that sweaty, stinky, 'been-out-in-the-sun-too-long' smell in the monorail behind you? That was me)

I can only affirm your experience. Great weather, lovely CM's everywhere, parks were magical.

So that was you, eh? :lol: Though I think I very well could have been that culprit as well!

Yes, the Wilderness Lodge is a fantastic resort - up there with the Boardwalk as the best on property, IMO. Don't let the secret out though... let the other WDWmagicians have their Poly. :D :animwink:

Wilderness Lodge is almost like a hidden gem. I do agree about the Boardwalk as well, I think I have my wife convinced that we should stay there next time after walking around the resort on our final night. I wouldn't turn down the Poly either if given the chance though!

So glad to hear you had a great trip Matt!! I bet the autumn/Halloween decorations are beautiful. How did your daughter do?

She was awesome! She absolutely loved the characters. She really made us slow down and appreciate the World that much more.

DizneyPryncess

I'm glad to here positive things! There's so much negativity in threads sometimes, it's always a breath of fresh here to hear good things! Glad you had a magical trip. :)

Matt and Kelly

Original Poster
I'm glad to here positive things! There's so much negativity in threads sometimes, it's always a breath of fresh here to hear good things! Glad you had a magical trip. :)

You're right, there can be a little too much negativity at times around here but what's the point? Even if things aren't absolutely perfect I know I would much rather be at WDW than stuck behind my desk at the office.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom