Just got back

Tinkerbella16

Original Poster
Just got back...Nov 9-15 trip!

Well we I just returned today from a wonderful week at wdw, stayed at POFQ and just wanted to share a few things with you all...

POFQ is my new fave resort!!!! This place is just beautiful, the size is just right, it is so quiet and relaxing. We were in building 1with a ground room on the corner...which worked out perfect since my mom had knee surgery this year she was hoping for a ground room, and I was hoping for a corner room because I love the two windows. We didn't even request for that!

The busses could have been run a little better... on thursday we were leaving DHS to go back to FQ and it was just my mom and I on the bus and we told him we were going to FQ. Well, he turns into OKW (why, I do not know), and he circled around and went out the exit, then he passes FQ and goes into POR....stops at every stop in this order, West Depot, North Depot, East Depot, and South Depot and NO ONE was at the bus stops at all or even on the bus to get off!!! It took us over 45mins to finally get dropped off at POFQ. I just didn't understand this because when you make a right out of OKW, the French Quarter is the next right...and he just went right by it. :mad:

Anyways, overall the crowds were light but the weather was way off of what november is usually like. From sun-tues it was perfect fall weather, nice and cool. Weds-fri was just so hot! It reached record high temps for november and it felt like the summertime with the rain by the end of the week. Just weird when we go the same time every year and its never been that hot and rainy. We never let it damper our trips so we made the best of it and happened to be at Epcot both nights it rained!

The castle lights were even more amazing then last year!! This year was kind of odd for decorations... MK had the decor up, but not the xmas tree, Epcot didnt have anything up until friday, animal kingdoms tree was up on Wednesday, and Hollywood Studios didn't have much up...and POFQ didn't have not one decoration up all week! Just a little surprised because we're used to seeing it all when we go.

We were able to watch the shuttle go off while we were at DTD lastnight...coolest thing I've ever seen!!!!

Epcot had evening EMH lastnight so we headed there after DTD. We went on SSE on our way out of the park and it was weirdest thing... NONE of the animatronics were working throughout the entire ride. There was still sound and their eyes would blink, but no movement and their heads were all in a downward position. It was kind of creepy!

On tues 11/12 my mom and I took the Keys to the Kingdom Tour...and we were so happy that we did!!! This tour was amazing. We had the most amazing tourguide, Matthew. He really did a great job, and he even challenged me on my knowledge of the MK...I knew more than he thought! If you are thinking about doing something different on your trip to wdw, I'd highly recommend this tour...it was fabulous!

We also had dining reservations for a few places...we were not on the dining plan. Whispering Canyon was amazing...the servers are funny and the food was great. Raglan Road was very impressive...I will def be coming back here! We did Kona for breakfast one morning and it was fabulous like always. And we decided to have dinner at Rainforest Cafe one night at DTD, and I am glad we did...the pot roast was awesome.

On thursday we went on POTC and the Davey Jones part was not working...the mist and voice were, but the image was not there. We went on this a few times earlier in the week and it was working fine.

We went to Cosmic Rays our first night and we did not know that they closed one of the Bay areas there...I think it was Bay 3. They took the fantastic chicken ceasar salad off of the menu!!! I was shocked! We have been going there for years just for that. There was a CM standing at the closed Bay telling people it is closed and they weren't re-opening it. When did this start to take place?

I also found it surprising that they keep the Pleasure Island sign lit up every day/night. Our first time taking the boat from POFQ to DTD, I was expecting the PI area to look like a ghost town. I look over and I see the PI sign sparkling...anyone know why they still have it lit if teh place is closed? But it seemed like nothing ever closed....they had a dj playing music in the area and it just wasn't what I thought it would be like...which is good!

Oh and I wanna say.... I saw a whole lotta Phillies fans throughout the week. It was amazing. We would all high five and yell go phillies!!!! It made the trip even more fun. I never seen so many phillies shirts at wdw like I did this week.

All in all I had an amazing trip. It was just me and my mom and I am glad I got to spend this vacation with her. I miss it already, and now I am going to have the WDW Blues until next time! :(
I already have the dates picked for next novembers trip, and I will be staying at French Quarter again. I just have to get my quote from Kingdom Konsultants.

Tinkrbell

I agree that the shuttle launch was awesome! I watched it from backstage at Fantasmic. It was cloudy & trying to rain there, but there was enough of a break in the clouds to see it.

Sounds like you had a great trip. Did you get to see Fantasmic at all?

CAPTAIN HOOK

Sounds like you had a great time. We've stayed at POFQ twice and have to agree with you - its a great resort.

We've been fortunate to se two shuttle launches while in Florida - the first time was on the first morning of our first ever trip and saw it from the door of our resort room. The second time was during The Backlot Tour - its a truely magnificant sight

wvdisneyfamily

Well we I just returned today from a wonderful week at wdw, stayed at POFQ and just wanted to share a few things with you all...

POFQ is my new fave resort!!!! This place is just beautiful, the size is just right, it is so quiet and relaxing. We were in building 1 with a ground room on the corner...which worked out perfect since my mom had knee surgery this year she was hoping for a ground room, and I was hoping for a corner room because I love the two windows. We didn't even request for that!

The busses could have been run a little better... on thursday we were leaving DHS to go back to FQ and it was just my mom and I on the bus and we told him we were going to FQ. Well, he turns into OKW (why, I do not know), and he circled around and went out the exit, then he passes FQ and goes into POR....stops at every stop in this order, West Depot, North Depot, East Depot, and South Depot and NO ONE was at the bus stops at all or even on the bus to get off!!! It took us over 45mins to finally get dropped off at POFQ. I just didn't understand this because when you make a right out of OKW, the French Quarter is the next right...and he just went right by it. :mad:

Anyways, overall the crowds were light but the weather was way off of what november is usually like. From sun-tues it was perfect fall weather, nice and cool. Weds-fri was just so hot! It reached record high temps for november and it felt like the summertime with the rain by the end of the week. Just weird when we go the same time every year and its never been that hot and rainy. We never let it damper our trips so we made the best of it and happened to be at Epcot both nights it rained!

We were able to watch the shuttle go off while we were at DTD lastnight...coolest thing I've ever seen!!!!

Epcot had evening EMH lastnight so we headed there after DTD. We went on SSE on our way out of the park and it was weirdest thing... NONE of the animatronics were working throughout the entire ride. There was still sound and their eyes would blink, but no movement and their heads were all in a downward position. It was kind of creepy!

On tues 11/12 my mom and I took the Keys to the Kingdom Tour...and we were so happy that we did!!! This tour was amazing. We had the most amazing tourguide, Matthew. He really did a great job, and he even challenged me on my knowledge of the MK...I knew more than he thought! If you are thinking about doing something different on your trip to wdw, I'd highly recommend this tour...it was fabulous!

We also had dining reservations for a few places...we were not on the dining plan. Whispering Canyon was amazing...the servers are funny and the food was great. Raglan Road was very impressive...I will def be coming back here! We did Kona for breakfast one morning and it was fabulous like always. And we decided to have dinner at Rainforest Cafe one night at DTD, and I am glad we did...the pot roast was awesome.

On thursday we went on POTC and the Davey Jones part was not working...the mist and voice were, but the image was not there. We went on this a few times earlier in the week and it was working fine.

Oh and I wanna say.... I saw a whole lotta Phillies fans throughout the week. It was amazing. We would all high five and yell go phillies!!!! It made the trip even more fun. I never seen to many phillies shirts at wdw like I did this week.

All in all I had an amazing trip. It was just me and my mom and I am glad I got to spend this vacation with her. I miss it already, and now I am going to have the WDW Blues until next time! :(
DME picked us up at 4:30am, and I had two flights coming home today and only slept for a little bit on one of them so I am going to get some much needed sleep now. I am exhausted!!!

How were the beignets at POFQ? So many people say they are wonderful. We're thinking about making a trip over to POFQ this year to try them.

mitchk

Thanks for the trip report, I'm going to the World on Tuesday, and I was hoping the decorations were up. Thanks :wave:

Tinkerbella16

Original Poster
You are all very welcome for the report!

I have to correct myself on the xmas decorations at Epcot... the F&WF ended the day we got there on the 9th, so the next day they replaced all of those decorations with christmas decorations and poinsettas, and it was very pretty, but the tree wasn't up until friday.

I cannot wait to go back already, and I know for a fact that I will be staying at POFQ for our next trip in november 09'.

Oh, and I forgot to mention... I really like the new SSE! I noticed all of the new scenes right away. And I can see where everyone is coming from about the backward descent.... when they have you build your future, it really does distract you from noticing that they didn't do much of anything to the entire end of the ride. Didn't really like that too much, but the new additions to the ride are great!

philsfan2185

Nice trip report.

I'm sure some of those Phillies fans were bandwagon jumpers which happens when any team wins a championship, but that's cool none the less.

I'll be down there Jan. 5-12. The ideal situation would be for me to get picked to participate in the Indy Stunt show and if the host asks me where I'm from, I'll just have her read my WS Champions shirt ;)

DisneyLindz

We did "Keys to the Kingdom" tour last may... we had Matthew as our tour guide too and he was AWESOME!!! He made the tour so fun, we laughed through the entire 5 hours. I'm glad you had him too!!!

coltow

POFQ is my new fave resort!!!! This place is just beautiful, the size is just right, it is so quiet and relaxing. We were in building 1 with a ground room on the corner...which worked out perfect since my mom had knee surgery this year she was hoping for a ground room, and I was hoping for a corner room because I love the two windows. We didn't even request for that!

I fell in love with FQ on our last trip too (bldg 3). It sure was peaceful and relaxing.

Now as far as the bus, every time we came back from DHS it went to POR first. One time we were the only ones on too, but the driver said "this is the route I have to take." I cannot tell you why yours went to OKW though.

Blackie Pueblo

That was a great report. Thanks for sharing it with us. I was wondering about the decorations. My wife and I are debating on whether or not to renew our passes what with the economy the way it is. One of the things I am upset about is if I don't I'll miss the decorations. That's a big heartache to me.

I have yet to stay at the French Quarter but have walked through on one of our Hotel touring visits. It is one the ones that really stood out for me. Thanks again.

"To all who come to this happy place...welcome!"
---Walter Elias Disney

and as of today, 16 NOV 08, Davey Jones is still not working. Just got off the phone with my parents who where in the MK today...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom