Just got back

Hi

Just got back to Manchester after our 2 weeks vacation. Had a read of some of the other trip reports and wanted to comment on the rain we've had - some great downpours and flooding which we've never had before - and that tornado warning was very scary.

We visited all the parks and both water parks during our visit. Was really looking forward to mission space after reading so much about it before our visit; got very excited as we stood in line given our positions before flight, although a little scared about what to expect. I loved the launch, felt fine during the thrusts, but when we started the forward movement I felt unwell. Afterwards I sat down outside the giftshop feeling very strange and dizzy, a bit sickly, but thankfully wasn't sick. This lasted for about 2 hours (didn't want my chicken strips with all the dips!). So, I don't think I'll be experiencing this on my next visit.

Fav ride is still ToT, especially with the different amount of drops each time - did it twice and got the photo with the fab 3D ToT frame.

Loved the MK "snowglobe" parade, short but fabulous, as well as the MGM studios car parade.

Did loads, too much to talk about, thoroughly enjoyed it and can't wait to go back.

Just a quick question before I go, anyone know what ride they're opening in 2005 in MGM near the backlot tour (shrouded in green canvas). They're talking about the 2006 Expedition Everest but didn't give any clues about this mystery.

I'll keep looking in to see what's happening and what I can hopefully expect next vacation.

Lara

DisneyPhD

I felt the same way after riding Mission Space ... both times. Just felt a little woozy after getting off. It took me about 30 minutes to get back to normal.

The attraction at MGM is a motor car stunt show similar to the one in Disneyland Paris. They cleared out all the houses on residential street for it.

Katherine

Glad to hear you had a good time! Where'd you stay and how'd you like it? I'm just trying to get some stuff figured out for a very future trip.

Lara B

Original Poster
Katherine

We stayed in a villa on Lindfields estate just off the 192, quite an old housing estate now but the villa was nice. Recommend it rather than a hotel cos you get ur own pool.

Lara

dmperry134

Originally posted by DisneyPhD
I felt the same way after riding Mission Space ... both times. Just felt a little woozy after getting off. It took me about 30 minutes to get back to normal.

The attraction at MGM is a motor car stunt show similar to the one in Disneyland Paris. They cleared out all the houses on residential street for it.

Is that the street that had the Golden Girls and Ernests houses on it. Have they moved them or just got got rid

Cheers
Dave Worcester UK

DisneyPhD

Originally posted by dmperry134
Is that the street that had the Golden Girls and Ernests houses on it. Have they moved them or just got got rid

Cheers
Dave Worcester UK
Yes that's it. As far as I know, all the facades were demolished.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom