Just got back

hey everyone. We just got back from disney and had a wonderful time. We stayed at Wilderness Lodge beautiful resort we got a free up grade which gave us a court yard view we could see the water parade from our room it was beautiful. We ate at Teppankaki( hope i spelled it right) japanesse restaurant at epcot, ate at 50s primetime and hollywood and vine at mgm, ate at liberty tree tavern and Tonys town square at Magic and Whispering cannyon in our resort they were all great restaurants with delicious food. We also did e-ride which i recomend to everyone great experience. Well just wanted to share with everyone what a great time we had and thanks everyone who gave us advice which made our trip more exciting. Im so sad to be back.

abu21

Sounds like you had a GREAT time!:sohappy: Isn't Disney great... :D

Only 17 more days till I can have that special Disney feeling. I can't wait.

Once again, great to hear you had such a good time.

-Steve

epcotisbest

Whispering Canyon Cafe at the WL is one of our favorite places to eat in the whole world. The food is tasty and plentiful, but the atmosphere is what is so fun. Did they round up the kids and give them stick ponies to race around? Once on our anniversary, they asked for couples who were celebrating an anniversary to stand up. Well there were 3 couples there who were and we had a contest. You had to stand in your chairs and kiss one second for every year you had been married. It was seventeen seconds for us then, but one couple had to kiss for 43 seconds. Hilarious. I don't remember what the prize was, probably dessert or something, but it was fun. Glad you got to experience one of our favorites! Did you happen to ask for ketchup?
Ricky

epcotisbest

Forgot to mention the Wilderness Lodge. It is one of the best themed resorts there, truly a delightful place to stay. Glad you had a good trip. Man, if I lived in Fl. I would go way too often.
Ricky

Thanks for sharing your trip report. We also ate at the whispering canyon cafe. I must say we all were a little disappointed and decided not to go back there again. They had the stick pony races but our waiter was not really into any fun and barely said anything to us the whole meal. My one ds did get to give one bottle of ketchup to someone and he brought me a giant straw with my little drink. I said something like, geee I know I have a big mouth but didn't know it was this big. He replied -- nothing. My poor ds's were so disappointed. DS 15 was given the job of handing out the certificates after the pony races. We found the ribs to be very overcooked and tough. I must say all the female servers were really into the action etc. But I really saw the guys were just not into it. We received good service but the poor ds's were so jealous of all the other familys who were getting all the laughs and jokes etc.

HennieBogan1966

Account Suspended
Trip Reports

Drifting a little here, but can anyone tell me if there is something going on with The Living Seas? Saw on another thread where someone mentioned the ride there being dismantled? Maybe refurbishment?

epcotisbest

Wow marypopmom I'm saddened to hear about your experience at the Whispering Canyon Cafe. Isn't it amazing how two people can have such different experiences at the same place. Guess it just depends on the time you go and the crew working that particular evening. We have been lucky and had a great time with wonderful food each time we have been there. Now, we have gone to the Rainforest Cafe and it be wonderful one time and just so-so the next time.

Hey Liveforthemouse, are you gonna give us a trip report with more details of your trip?
Ricky

DisneyPhD

Welcome home (not the same as when you get it from DVC cast members!) Glad you had a nice trip. We also just got back (very late Friday aug 22). I will get a trip report together when I get myself together more. (it was a long trip and I need to recover!)

One question, are you as sick of the rain as me?

epcotisbest

Hey PHD, glad you made it back safely. What did you wind up doing about the evening away on your anniversary? Were you able to get the GF or AKL walk-up?
Ricky

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom