Just got back - My Report Part 1

We just got back yesterday from our trip. We left May 9th in the morning and arrived at Port Orleans - Riverside at about 11:30, which left a good amount of the day for a park.

We visited Epcot 3x, MK 2x, MGM 1x, AK1x

First off let me say that we were very very suprised that the crowds were minimal at best. People kept telling me this is a slow time for them being before school is officially out. Sounded great to me :) I have been to Disney World eight times now and never saw crowds this light no matter when I went.

Both parks were very clean and I saw no issues with cleanliness. The cast members we saw and talked to were all great without issue.

Take note that there is definetly cost cutting going on in all the parks. No longer do you have 4 people at the front of the parks taking pictures of you. There are usually 1 or 2. There is also a lot of food stands that were closed and never opened. At Port Orleans they closed one of the food lines where they served different food every night. Now they just do your normal burgers and pizza, but they also close the grill at around 9 instead of 11. The Jungle Cruise also opens at 10 now instead of 9 which I dont understand why. Also watch the park hours since they seem to change frequently now.

I saw only minimal problems with ride functionality. SSE had two problems some of the speakers were not working on the ride vehicles and during the Rome Part the "horse" video did not work at all times. There were problems with some MGM stuff but I will cover that in my next report.

I saw no people at Mission Space or chairs :). I was hoping to get pulled aside and be one of the first to ride it...he he

Here is what the wait times were for Epcot and Magic Kingdom. Forgive me if I miss some but these are the ones that I took notes for.

EPCOT wait times:

SSE - No Wait - 5 Minutes
Test Track - 5 minute Wait
Journey into Imagination with Figment - No Wait
Living Seas - No Wait
Living With The Land - 10 Minute Wait
Ellen's Energy Adventure - 10 Minute Wait
Body Wars - No Wait
Maelstrom - No Wait
El Rio del Tiempo - No Wait
The American Adventure - No Wait
Food Rocks - No Wait

MAGIC KINGDOM - WAIT TIMES

Tomorrowland Indy Speedway - 30 Minute Wait
Space Mountain - 5 - 20 Minute Wait
Astro Orbiter - 5 Minute Wait
Tomorrowland Transit Authority - No Wait
Carousel of Progress - Closed :(
Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin - 5 Minute Wait
thE ExtraTERRORrestrial Alien Encounter - 10 - 15 Minute Wait
"it's a small world" - No Wait
Peter Pan's Flight - 5 - 45 Minute Wait
Dumbo the Flying Elephant - 10 Minute Wait
Snow White's Scary Adventures - 5 - 30 Minute Wait
Mad Tea Party - 10 Minute Wait
The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh - Closed :(
The Timekeeper - Closed :(
The Hall of Presidients - 10 - 15 Minute Wait
The Haunted Mansion - No Wait
Splash Mountain - 15 Minute Wait
Big Thunder Mountain - 10 Miunte Wait
The Enchanted Tiki Room - 10 Miunte Wait
Jungle Cruise - 15 Minute Wait
Pirate of the Caribbean - No Wait

MGM AND ANIMAL KINGDOM IN MY NEXT REPORT.......

Thanks....

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Originally posted by blackride
Take note that there is definetly cost cutting going on in all the parks. No longer do you have 4 people at the front of the parks taking pictures of you. There are usually 1 or 2.

very nice... sounds like you had fun. Just an fyi though... the photographers don't work for Disney... so that wouldn't be a Disney cutback- it's a Kodak cutback

I was at Mk the other day... it was EMPTY. It was definitely fun though... walking on to splash mountain

The_CEO

We just got back yesterday from our trip. We left May 9th in the morning and arrived at Port Orleans - Riverside at about 11:30, which left a good amount of the day for a park.

We visited Epcot 3x, MK 2x, MGM 1x, AK1x

First off let me say that we were very very suprised that the crowds were minimal at best. People kept telling me this is a slow time for them being before school is officially out. Sounded great to me :) I have been to Disney World eight times now and never saw crowds this light no matter when I went.

Both parks were very clean and I saw no issues with cleanliness. The cast members we saw and talked to were all great without issue.

Take note that there is definetly cost cutting going on in all the parks. No longer do you have 4 people at the front of the parks taking pictures of you. There are usually 1 or 2. There is also a lot of food stands that were closed and never opened. At Port Orleans they closed one of the food lines where they served different food every night. Now they just do your normal burgers and pizza, but they also close the grill at around 9 instead of 11. The Jungle Cruise also opens at 10 now instead of 9 which I dont understand why. Also watch the park hours since they seem to change frequently now.

I saw only minimal problems with ride functionality. SSE had two problems some of the speakers were not working on the ride vehicles and during the Rome Part the "horse" video did not work at all times. There were problems with some MGM stuff but I will cover that in my next report.

I saw no people at Mission Space or chairs :). I was hoping to get pulled aside and be one of the first to ride it...he he

Here is what the wait times were for Epcot and Magic Kingdom. Forgive me if I miss some but these are the ones that I took notes for.

EPCOT wait times:

Test Track - 5 minute Wait
Living Seas - No Wait
Body Wars - No Wait
Maelstrom - No Wait
The American Adventure - No Wait
Food Rocks - No Wait

Space Mountain - 5 - 20 Minute Wait
Astro Orbiter - 5 Minute Wait
Carousel of Progress - Closed :(
Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin - 5 Minute Wait
Peter Pan's Flight - 5 - 45 Minute Wait
Dumbo the Flying Elephant - 10 Minute Wait
The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh - Closed :(
The Timekeeper - Closed :(
The Hall of Presidients - 10 - 15 Minute Wait
Splash Mountain - 15 Minute Wait
Jungle Cruise - 15 Minute Wait

MGM AND ANIMAL KINGDOM IN MY NEXT REPORT.......

Thanks....

Sounds like you didn't have a big wait for the attractions! Hope you had fun :)

ISTCrew20

Yea...I was at the parks around the same time you were, and yes, it is a very slow time. When I was at MGM, there Where only running one elevator on each side of TOT, and still the line was up to the lobby *(AKA no wait)

Also, that day I went, RNRC was having alot of probs. in the morning, but was fine by the end of the day.

We did MGM and AK and AK was actually pretty busy. My friend and I like going to AK at 4 (the park closes at 5) and they usually let us stay on Kali, over and over, till about half an hour after Park closes, so we get to stay on without getting off about 10 times, but when we went last weekend, there was still a line, and we didnt get to go again, Which was weird, because we didnt encounter an entire line all day....There werent even people in line to see Jammin Jungle.....Ths time of the year, is the right time to go

ISTCrew20

Yea...I forgot bout CTX...It was crowded, 25 mins....But the only reason it was was because they had all the FP'S in the parks shut off, so it was standby all day

Dayma

Original Poster
Is this because of low load factors or because its popular with the younger ones?

Load times dont seem that bad since they got ride of 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea( dont get me started). I think that these dark rides are popular with both the adults and kids so you get a lot of volume here.

Peter Pan is one of my favorites and we love to ride it. It is a great story and it still has a great fun factor even after all these years.

CamCodey

What a difference a week makes!!

Hi!

We just got back from a 9-day vacation in WDW from 5/16-5/24 and I think the crowds & line times were a lot more than we've experienced in Sept & Oct. Are the Star Wars Weekends drawing that many more people, or what? Maybe we just hit all the parks on the days when they were their fullest? Our times are in the brackets.

Test Track - 5 Minutes [30-45 minute Wait (Fast-Passed)]
Living Seas - No Wait [Didn't experience]
Body Wars - No Wait
Maelstrom - No Wait (20-25 minute wait)
The American Adventure - No Wait [Didn't experience]
Food Rocks - No Wait

Space Mountain - 5 - 20 Minute Wait [30 minute wait]
Astro Orbiter - 5 Minute Wait [10-15 minute wait]
Carousel of Progress - Closed
Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin - 5 Minute Wait [20-25 minute wait]
Peter Pan's Flight - 5 - 45 Minute Wait [when doesn't this have a long wait? :lol: Fast Passed]
Dumbo the Flying Elephant - 10 Minute Wait [25 minute wait]
The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh - Closed
The Timekeeper - Closed
The Hall of Presidients - 10 - 15 Minute Wait [didn't experience]
Splash Mountain - 15 Minute Wait [20-25 minute wait-FP]
Jungle Cruise - 15 Minute Wait [20-25 minute wait]

MGM
Tower of Terror - 1 hour + wait
Rock'n Rollercoaster - 45 minute wait
Fantasmic - standing room only at 8, no room available by 8:30 (this was friday night, May 23)

Animal Kingdom
Kali River Rapids - 30 minute wait (should've Fast Passed)
Dinosaur - 20-25 minute wait
Kilimanjaro Safari - 15 minute wait

When we've gone in Sept/Oct we've never experienced any line longer than 30 minutes, except possibly for Peter Pan's flight.

Don't get me wrong, the crowds & lines weren't unbearable. It's just that we've been spoiled with the lighter crowds in Sept/Oct.

CAPTAIN HOOK

and during the Rome Part the "horse" video did not work at all times.
I noticed this during our first visit to EPCOT & SE (April 9th - 23rd) - However, it was running properly on subsequent visits.
Wait times - just shows how much they come down from "peak" times - some of the wait times on our trip were 80 minutes and above :eek: Thank God for FP :sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom