just got back.. here is what I was told..May 2014

Movielover

well guess what since then Epcot is getting its make over and Ellen did close.. and the Engineer that I spoke to that day told me that they were gonna remove the big fountain in Epcot and they have. yes this all may have taken some time.. but the two or three people that I did speak to, and one person in general.. who was a engineer in the use of water.. really knew what I was speaking about.. and it did help me to tell him that my brother in law developed the sanitation system for the " Reedy creek " development.. meaning Disney world.. and it still works until this day..
6b8c71ab9fdad57fa1dc8170459533c0.336x252x126.gif

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
well guess what since then Epcot is getting its make over and Ellen did close.. and the Engineer that I spoke to that day told me that they were gonna remove the big fountain in Epcot and they have. yes this all may have taken some time.. but the two or three people that I did speak to, and one person in general.. who was a engineer in the use of water.. really knew what I was speaking about.. and it did help me to tell him that my brother in law developed the sanitation system for the " Reedy creek " development.. meaning Disney world.. and it still works until this day..
Apart from in 2014 Energy was going to be reworked, not gutted.

britain

‘‘Twas September 2013 according to my notes. No details, aside from a full scale refurb of the infrastructure that was there Including a large diorama overhaul.

Sometimes I think proposals like that are simply crafted so management could say “it would cost THIS MUCH to simply make the current attraction no longer dated. You can’t make a big marketing push over something refreshed but old. Better to gut the whole thing and create something new.”

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Sometimes I think proposals like that are simply crafted so management could say “it would cost THIS MUCH to simply make the current attraction no longer dated. You can’t make a big marketing push over something refreshed but old. Better to gut the whole thing and create something new.”
Trust me. The current debacle is costing a LOT more than a refurb would have.

WDW862

I'm not buying them closing down UOE or Captain EO. I'll believe that when I see it.

I realize it's only 2014 now, but I'm thinking about putting off my next trip until early 2020 sometime, maybe spring(ish)? I've got a gut feeling things will be a lot calmer than they are right now, and nothing super crazy in the world will be happening where I can actually ENJOY my vacation. Time will tell.
The reimagining of SSE and Journey should be done by 2020. I'd wait too.

bjlc57

Original Poster
hey again don't shoot the messenger.. while waiting in line for the 7DM to open.. and i was there on opening day for the public, this engineer and me and my wife got into this deep discussion.. we talked about the Star wars hotel.. and he did try to say that it was "sold out in advance " for three years.. but we then talked about water and water usage .. and he told the two of us all this stuff. Stuff that he stated that he had contracts for or was bidding on.. and the major changes coming to Epcot.. I mean we had 45 minutes to discuss most of the world and to solve world crisis... heck had we known that the pandemic was coming back then.. we could have solved that as well. . All I am saying is that indeed, a bunch of stuff from this one conversation came true.. whether you feel its to the degree or not.. because of timing.. and if you read my posts.. I was at Captain Eo the night it ended.. NOT THE LAST SHOW. but the night it ended.. and We happened to be in Magic Kingdom the day they brought out the bushes on carts and closed off the complete area of 20k under the sea, which was the start of the whole 7 dm ride.. I have had some pretty good luck in that regard. but don't shoot me .. I just found my post to be interesting and detailed and one of some true " predictions " at that time.. and if you read the original post .. even I .. I WAS SKEPTICAL of what this guy was saying and stated that to take it with a grain of salt and that your gas mileage my vary.. I just have some Disney time on my hands and thought it was appropriate to review at this time.. .I wish you all well.. and I hope that we all get back " home" real soon..

NiarrNDisney

hey again don't shoot the messenger.. while waiting in line for the 7DM to open.. and i was there on opening day for the public, this engineer and me and my wife got into this deep discussion.. we talked about the Star wars hotel.. and he did try to say that it was "sold out in advance " for three years.. but we then talked about water and water usage .. and he told the two of us all this stuff. Stuff that he stated that he had contracts for or was bidding on.. and the major changes coming to Epcot.. I mean we had 45 minutes to discuss most of the world and to solve world crisis... heck had we known that the pandemic was coming back then.. we could have solved that as well. . All I am saying is that indeed, a bunch of stuff from this one conversation came true.. whether you feel its to the degree or not.. because of timing.. and if you read my posts.. I was at Captain Eo the night it ended.. NOT THE LAST SHOW. but the night it ended.. and We happened to be in Magic Kingdom the day they brought out the bushes on carts and closed off the complete area of 20k under the sea, which was the start of the whole 7 dm ride.. I have had some pretty good luck in that regard. but don't shoot me .. I just found my post to be interesting and detailed and one of some true " predictions " at that time.. and if you read the original post .. even I .. I WAS SKEPTICAL of what this guy was saying and stated that to take it with a grain of salt and that your gas mileage my vary.. I just have some Disney time on my hands and thought it was appropriate to review at this time.. .I wish you all well.. and I hope that we all get back " home" real soon..

I don't think anyone is trying to shoot the messenger what we are wondering is why after 4 years from the last post (April 10 2016)
you chose to bump this thread. Honestly it kinda comes across as "I told you so" or seeking validation from naysayers.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom