Just got back from WDW... our news on things...

Javier&Christie

Original Poster
Hello, we've read the forum and followed the site for a while, and finally decided to post... great site, I love following it :)

Anywho, we live in West Palm Beach, Florida.. so we go to WDW about once every 2 months or so, it's great...

We stayed at the All Star resort, as usual, since we go so often, it's kinda the most economical way.. especially for Annual Pass Holders... $52 a night!!! The All Star Sports was our location, and they've upgraded the menus in the food court to those tv screen type deals, just like they have in the movie's resort, currenty one of the food locations (second from the left) is being refurbished. The pictures in the main lobby could use some freshening up, maybe even some replacements.. I know some are autographed, couldn't tell if those were the originals or not, most of them have faded pretty badly due to their location.. the sun hits them all day long.

We rode on the new buses... they are interesting if nothing else, they are starting to use them around the whole resort now. They have MUCH less seating, and are low to the ground, probably makes handicap loading much easier.... But they appear wider, and can probably carry alot more people standing up. I have mixed opinions as I usually like to sit down (sat down anyways) on the buses.

I don't go to Animal Kingdom very often, I find it a little boring, but everything seemed to be up and running just fine. Got absolutely drenched on the Congo ride though.

Epcot's fountain is still closed, gonna search this site some more to see what's up with that, but my folks said it's been closed for a while now. Looks kinda bad to see the rusty pumps and stuff. The track on Spaceship Earth was waaaaaaaay off the entire time.. you'd hear the track in the wrong places, then long pauses of silence for it to catch up. Mexico is currently going under refurbishment on the front half of it's exhibition area for a "new" exhibition... the rest of the attraction is open though.

MGM was top-notch from what I could see. Everything was up to par, and I finally got a chance to go see Millionaire.. great show, will have to see it again :) Everything was up and running fine.

Magic Kingdom is looking pretty good these days, you can see the building expansion of the Emporium b/w Disney Clothiers and the Emporium itself... they've closed the barber shop and the wall next to that off with a red curtain now... Space Mountain broke down in the afternoon, didn't check back later that day to see if it went back up..

Maintenance at the parks seems to be improving from what I've noticed. Staffing is also ALOT friendlier.. they had a while there where alot of the employees were just crud unfortunatley :(... Lots of friendly service this time... only one bad experience... I didn't remember whether the train approaching frontierland would stop b/c of the parade or not, so I asked one of the train cast members.. he said it would not stop and that a train was coming. Well, the train took forever, and we finally decided to leave.. well, as we left, the end of the parade passed through, and what do we notice? a stopped train that started moving once the parade ended.. oh well, we got stuck watching the parade twice b/c we ended up walking to Tomorrowland to use some fastpasses... oh, and caught one girl at haunted mansion (the operator at the beginning of the ride) checking her cell phone, then quickly using the phone :/....

All in all it was great relaxing trip.. 5 days / 4 nights... we used one of the days to hit up IOA for the first time... got my roller coaster fix there... :) that spiderman attraction is pretty cool too though... but i won't blab about that on here hehehe..

If I think of anything else I'll post it, I just typed quite a bit :D

Kevin

Thanks for the great update. When is that new building on Main Street supposed to be completed? Seems like they have been working on it for quite awhile now.

Javier&Christie

Original Poster
Well, I didn't ask anyone, but all the sign said was something along the lines of "improving and expanding the emporium for you enjoyment" or something like that :)

Tramp

Hi J & C......welcome back...

Forget the Emporium...gimme the BAKESHOP....

Boy, did I miss that this year:D

By the way....Epcot has a SUPER bakery with some extremely sinful pastries...
Look for the Fountain View Bakery, near the non-working fountain and next to the ice station...be warned...calories ahead.

Javier&Christie

Original Poster
Thanks for the welcomes :)

Yes, the bake shop is open... it is setup VERY differently than before.... it has a much larger look to it, but they kinda changed it along with the arrangement of the glass designing store... the "sit down" area for the bake shop is now one part with the glass store, direction behind it....

JAY-ROD

Originally posted by Javier&Christie
Hello, we've read the forum and followed the site for a while, and finally decided to post... great site, I love following it :)

Anywho, we live in West Palm Beach, Florida.. so we go to WDW about once every 2 months or so, it's great...

We stayed at the All Star resort, as usual, since we go so often, it's kinda the most economical way.. especially for Annual Pass Holders... $52 a night!!! The All Star Sports was our location, and they've upgraded the menus in the food court to those tv screen type deals, just like they have in the movie's resort, currenty one of the food locations (second from the left) is being refurbished. The pictures in the main lobby could use some freshening up, maybe even some replacements.. I know some are autographed, couldn't tell if those were the originals or not, most of them have faded pretty badly due to their location.. the sun hits them all day long.

We rode on the new buses... they are interesting if nothing else, they are starting to use them around the whole resort now. They have MUCH less seating, and are low to the ground, probably makes handicap loading much easier.... But they appear wider, and can probably carry alot more people standing up. I have mixed opinions as I usually like to sit down (sat down anyways) on the buses.

I don't go to Animal Kingdom very often, I find it a little boring, but everything seemed to be up and running just fine. Got absolutely drenched on the Congo ride though.

Epcot's fountain is still closed, gonna search this site some more to see what's up with that, but my folks said it's been closed for a while now. Looks kinda bad to see the rusty pumps and stuff. The track on Spaceship Earth was waaaaaaaay off the entire time.. you'd hear the track in the wrong places, then long pauses of silence for it to catch up. Mexico is currently going under refurbishment on the front half of it's exhibition area for a "new" exhibition... the rest of the attraction is open though.

MGM was top-notch from what I could see. Everything was up to par, and I finally got a chance to go see Millionaire.. great show, will have to see it again :) Everything was up and running fine.

Magic Kingdom is looking pretty good these days, you can see the building expansion of the Emporium b/w Disney Clothiers and the Emporium itself... they've closed the barber shop and the wall next to that off with a red curtain now... Space Mountain broke down in the afternoon, didn't check back later that day to see if it went back up..

Maintenance at the parks seems to be improving from what I've noticed. Staffing is also ALOT friendlier.. they had a while there where alot of the employees were just crud unfortunatley :(... Lots of friendly service this time... only one bad experience... I didn't remember whether the train approaching frontierland would stop b/c of the parade or not, so I asked one of the train cast members.. he said it would not stop and that a train was coming. Well, the train took forever, and we finally decided to leave.. well, as we left, the end of the parade passed through, and what do we notice? a stopped train that started moving once the parade ended.. oh well, we got stuck watching the parade twice b/c we ended up walking to Tomorrowland to use some fastpasses... oh, and caught one girl at haunted mansion (the operator at the beginning of the ride) checking her cell phone, then quickly using the phone :/....

All in all it was great relaxing trip.. 5 days / 4 nights... we used one of the days to hit up IOA for the first time... got my roller coaster fix there... :) that spiderman attraction is pretty cool too though... but i won't blab about that on here hehehe..

If I think of anything else I'll post it, I just typed quite a bit :D

can u give your reasoning why you think AK is boring!

markymark

Hi Guys!! and welcome!!

Sounds like you have a great time and thanks for a great report. Good to see that you think the Mk is looking good and that the staff in there are OK. The last thing we want is IOA or USF style staffing!!

Javier&Christie

Original Poster
Re: Re: Just got back from WDW... our news on things...

Originally posted by JAY-ROD

can u give your reasoning why you think AK is boring!

Jason-> no big deal, it's just not my kind of park I guess.. I know there's plenty to see and do, I guess just not the things I like to do? Also for some reason in the summer it's REALLY hot at that park.. feels hotter than the rest for some reason.. i guess that's my fault b/c it seems whenever we do go to AK, it's in the summer.. no biggie though, i'm sure plenty of others like it :) hope you weren't offended?

DisneyFreak

Re: Re: Re: Just got back from WDW... our news on things...

Also for some reason in the summer it's REALLY hot at that park.. feels hotter than the rest for some reason

That is because there are far fewier buildings at AK than at any other park. As we all know they crank those A/C units in the stores and rides and almost all the time the doors are open. You can walk down the middle of Main Street or Hollywood BLVD and feel the air from all the stores. You don't really have that at AK, everything is so spread out and most attractions are outdoors and you don't have a specific area where there are buildings on both sides of you.

Javier&Christie

Original Poster
Re: Re: Re: Re: Just got back from WDW... our news on things...

Originally posted by DisneyFreak

That is because there are far fewier buildings at AK than at any other park. As we all know they crank those A/C units in the stores and rides and almost all the time the doors are open. You can walk down the middle of Main Street or Hollywood BLVD and feel the air from all the stores. You don't really have that at AK, everything is so spread out and most attractions are outdoors and you don't have a specific area where there are buildings on both sides of you.

that's a good point.. probably all the tree-life surrounding you kinda makes it humid too huh?

DisneyFreak

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Just got back from WDW... our news on things...

that's a good point.. probably all the tree-life surrounding you kinda makes it humid too huh?

That would be my guess as well. And all the heavy panting by the animals. :)

JAY-ROD

Re: Re: Re: Just got back from WDW... our news on things...

Jason-> no big deal, it's just not my kind of park I guess.. I know there's plenty to see and do, I guess just not the things I like to do? Also for some reason in the summer it's REALLY hot at that park.. feels hotter than the rest for some reason.. i guess that's my fault b/c it seems whenever we do go to AK, it's in the summer.. no biggie though, i'm sure plenty of others like it :) hope you weren't offended?

No I wasnt offended. :) I was just curious why you thought that way. I do agree with it being pretty dang hot though. You meantion that it just not the things for you. What are your things to do? Dont think i'm tryingto go after you about the subject. Just wanted ur opion on the matter. :)

Javier&Christie

Original Poster
oh ok :).. I really enjoy rides more than doing alot of the walking around and looking at stuff that goes on at AK... I guess that's my main reason for finding it kind of dull. IE, I don't go on any of the walking tours to look at the animals just b/c I lack the interest hehe... but the park itself is fine :)............ I Just love the classic feeling of MK :D

JAY-ROD

oh ok :).. I really enjoy rides more than doing alot of the walking around and looking at stuff that goes on at AK... I guess that's my main reason for finding it kind of dull. IE, I don't go on any of the walking tours to look at the animals just b/c I lack the interest hehe... but the park itself is fine :)............ I Just love the classic feeling of MK :D

oh ok then, I guess I will cut you some slack then. :) since ur new and everything lol

markymark

WOW!!! what an honor. The "mighty" Jay-Rod is letting you off. Remember this wonderful day for the rest of your lives!!

;)

Javier&Christie

Original Poster
lol.. i'll try and behave better next time? :D

seriously though... people think we're nuts.. but we never get tired of the place.... The first time I (Javier) was there.. was when I was 6.... 13 years later, and 10 years of annual passes later I still enjoy it like the first day :)

markymark

No, I don't think U R nuts! Jeez If I could I'd be there every week, just the 10 hour flight makes it a little awkward. :(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom