Just got back from WDW and...

tink729

Original Poster
...my only complaint was that I wish there were direct buses from park to park. Excluding the monorail linking MK and Epcot and the boat linking Epcot and DHS, it's so inconvenient to get from park to park. It took me over an hour to get from MK to DHS by means of the monorail to the TTC then by bus. Just seems odd to me that you pay for a park hopper ticket and it's almost discouraging wasting such a large chunk of time (that could be spent riding the Haunted Mansion!) on indirect transportation. Any one else have any thoughts on this?

powlessfamily4

I feel the same about trying to get to a park from DTD. You have to hit a resort first. I understand why they did it. Too many people parking free and then bogging down the bus lines. However, I still wish you could show your room key and just grab one to a park.

real mad hatter

...my only complaint was that I wish there were direct buses from park to park. Excluding the monorail linking MK and Epcot and the boat linking Epcot and DHS, it's so inconvenient to get from park to park. It took me over an hour to get from MK to DHS by means of the monorail to the TTC then by bus. Just seems odd to me that you pay for a park hopper ticket and it's almost discouraging wasting such a large chunk of time (that could be spent riding the Haunted Mansion!) on indirect transportation. Any one else have any thoughts on this?
Totally agree,it's something I thought Disney would have done by now.:)

tink729

Original Poster
I feel the same about trying to get to a park from DTD. You have to hit a resort first. I understand why they did it. Too many people parking free and then bogging down the bus lines. However, I still wish you could show your room key and just grab one to a park.

I agree, the DTD buses can be an issue with the free parking scam. Showing room keys is a good idea, but I wonder how they would be able to diplomatically pull it off without annoying the people trying to get on a bus that don't have room keys?

Tinkerbell 8

I've never had an issue park hopping, our issue usually is going to other resorts for breakfast since we have to take a park bus, then switch to the resort bus we are trying to get to, or hop the monorail. And of course since I want to be at rope drop every morning, trying to get a bus that early can be a pain, thankfully we met some awesome bus drivers this past trip that just took us to the other resorts instead of swapping at the park since we were the only people up that early.

Spike-in-Berlin

No, because we are resort guests and using DTS in the most effective way. We use nearby Disney resorts as secondary hubs to get to the MK and always avoid the TTC. If you are at DAK and want to get the MK take a bus to the Allstars (higher frequency than the buses to the AKL which is even nearer to DAK) and change to the bus to MK. If you are at the DHS take a bus to the Pop or AoA and take the bus to MK. Between DAK and DHS however there is a direct link by bus. We see the TTC only when we go from the MK to EPCOT by monorail.

Goofyernmost

Oh, come on folks. How can you not enjoy the ride. It's all part of the show and it is what makes WDW unique. I love it. I very seldom take the monorail from TTC to MK and back. I usually just hop on the ferry. I love the anticipation of getting to MK and am so glad that I don't have to walk out of the park and just see a bunch of cars looking at me.

Going from MK to Epcot is the same thing. Monorail from the park, switch at TTC to go to Epcot. It's not that difficult and with a little planning and forethought you don't set up a meal in a park that you aren't going to stay in for awhile.

DisneyAubs

I usually make it so that I am hopping either between MK and EP or between EP and DHS. AK day(s) usually gets paired with DTD or I use it as a rest afternoon. We usually end up in EP nearly every day of our vacation, but that's fine by me The best food is there!

AndyS2992

The buses do run from park to park. I'm pretty sure we went from Animal Kingdom to Epcot as well as from Hollywood Studios to Epcot and this was only last year.

KCheatle

I thought there were direct buses? There was a direct bus from AK to Epcot and AK to HS when we were there in May? Truth be told, I didn't check to see if there was one from MK to AK or HS, but I know they had the ones from AK to HS and Epcot because we took them...Maybe they're seasonal?

AndyS2992

I thought there were direct buses? There was a direct bus from AK to Epcot and AK to HS when we were there in May? Truth be told, I didn't check to see if there was one from MK to AK or HS, but I know they had the ones from AK to HS and Epcot because we took them...Maybe they're seasonal?

They definitely do have park to park transport. I cannot comment on them being seasonal as I have always gone in August. Would be interesting to know though. I doubt they would be.

KCheatle

They definitely do have park to park transport. I cannot comment on them being seasonal as I have always gone in August. Would be interesting to know though. I doubt they would be.

Yeah it wouldn't make much sense because in what season would people not need to get from park-to-park? I guess I was just throwing it out there as an explanation...maybe the writer just didn't see them?

Spike-in-Berlin

There are no direct buses from any park or DTD to the MK. Only from the Disney resorts, it's one of the perks to stay at a Disney resort that you generally bypass the TTC, while day guests coming from other parks have to take the monorail from TTC to MK. There are however buses between DHS and DAK and from Epcot to DAK, to DHS from Epcot you have to take the boat launch via International Gateway.

jlsHouston

I totally agree about the time for spent using disney transportation to hop around the parks and resorts. They really were serious I discovered when they said on the website to allow 2 hours travel time to get to dining events. It is similar to using mass transit in a large city like Houston, unless you are lucky to be on a route with direct service you are going to spend well over an hour traveling about 20 miles, that you could do in half that time with a car...
However I am glad for the disney transport modes they provide. Logistics could use some improvement and the times I have travelled to the world and had a car handy were a little less stressful for us when we were trying to make ADR's. For the most part I don't let the time it takes to go to and fro bother me too much while at the world. But definitely a few more bus routes would be nice!

tink729

Original Poster
Yeah it wouldn't make much sense because in what season would people not need to get from park-to-park? I guess I was just throwing it out there as an explanation...maybe the writer just didn't see them?

I just arrived home on Tuesday fromWDW and I can assure you that I didn't just miss seeing them. I asked several CMs because they had the park to park buses when I was there just last October. Don't get me wrong, I think for the most part that Disney transportation is awesome, but the no direct buses was a little inconvenient.

KCheatle

I just arrived home on Tuesday fromWDW and I can assure you that I didn't just miss seeing them. I asked several CMs because they had the park to park buses when I was there just last October. Don't get me wrong, I think for the most part that Disney transportation is awesome, but the no direct buses was a little inconvenient.

Yeah - that's odd? I wonder why they didn't have them when you were there? I'd be frustrated because I definitely appreciate the park-to-park buses. I remember in Septmeber 2010 they did not have them and we complainted, so we thought they'd fixed it when we went back in May. Maybe since Setpember/October is sort of their down time, they don't have them going? Either way, that stinks because it is a pain to hop busses!

jlsHouston

I had a car in 2011 on the first 2 visits so I didn't pay much attention to buses. But I do not know how I missed park to park buses this past April and July... never saw any.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom