Just got back from the World..

December 4-11, Polynesian
Fiji #3310

- Very disappointed with the Polynesian. The hallways were dirty every day. There was always a bag of trash outside of our door. One day, housekeeping did not come at all. Another day, we did not recieve new glasses. Did I mention it was dirty? My wonderful view was of the Tuvalu (I think) rehab. The workers were very loud early in the morning when we were trying to sleep.

- Rented a water mouse. Three times. Good fun. I kept going over by River Country to look at it. I want River Country back. I still feel like I am in the boat. That wasn't fun during the flight home.

- The boat from the Poly to the MK is much quicker than the monorail.

- Went to MVMCP. Didn't see any of the special shows aside from the parade. I used the time to go on rides that usually have long lines. I rode Big Thunder a few times in a row (fireworks happened at one point and that was nice), parents went on Space Mountain which was about empty, got to go on the Autopia three times!, Peter Pan, Haunted Mansion, PotC. I kept wanting to ride the Skyway.. why oh why have you left me Skyway?! The free cookies are the best cookies ever. I also had some of them at Chef Mickey's.

- Why is the Plaza Pavilion closed on Wednesdays and Thursdays, and when it is open, it's for only five or so hours? That is my favourite place to eat, and it's almost never open. It's a waste of space if they are never going to open it. The sign that tells you it's closed tells you to go to Cosmic Ray's instead; Cosmic Ray's does not have that pizza!! I had a minor breakdown yesterday when the Plaza Pavilion wasn't open, when I made a special trip to the MK to eat there. Yes, I'm dumb, it's okay.

- Didn't go on Mission: Space. The sign said that a history of migraines and anxiety would make you more likely to get motion sick. So that leaves me out. I did see Philharmagic. It was cute, but way too short. My mom says that Magic Journeys was better, but all I remember of MJ is the song. I liked the ending with Donald stuck in the wall at the back of the theatre. Saw the Everest construction at Animal Kingdom. Pictures will appear on my site eventually.

- The movie at the end of The Great Movie Ride has been changed a bit. Someone told me they hadn't changed it. I noticed scenes from Armageddon and Independence Day, as well as more Fantasia clips.

- The lit up archway over the walkway from Future World to World Showcase is awesome!

- Where was the Rhine River ride supposed to be in Germany? Was it going to be behind that enormous mural?

- The hot air balloons in The Land weren't moving. But the pasta counter has good breadsticks and Mickey shaped pasta. Oh, and the fish tanks on the ride are being rehabbed. Only the crocodile/alligator tank is being used at the moment.

- Getting into the MK is very annoying. Funneling everyone in from the monorails, busses, and boats into one place makes things very crowded. Getting into Epcot is annoying as well. The security kiosks are so close to the ticket machines that it makes it impossible to bypass bag check if you have no bags.

- And so I visited Pop Century. The outside is tacky and I can't stand it. The pictures I've seen of the inside look promising. But if I had to go just by the exterior, I wouldn't stay there.

- Also rode by the old Preview Center on Hotel Plaza Boulevard, and I thought that was pretty cool.

- WARNING: RANT. People with strollers. Please, for the love of god, do not bring a full size double wide elephant sized stroller with you to WDW! An umbrella stroller will suffice. Have your stroller folded up *before* you get on the bus. Yes, you *have* to fold it, please get used to this concept. Why would anyone want to bring such an enormous stroller with them anyhow? I like to bring as little as possible. Do not ram your stroller into the back of my feet/legs, it will not make me go any faster, and will quite possibly make me go slower. If your child's feet touch the ground, it's time to leave the stroller. *end rant*

- Southeast Airlines = yuck.

I am glad to be home. I will now proceed to the nearest exit so that I may have some decent food and go register for next semester.

:wave:

dizneykev

Since we are on a rant I might as well got **OFF TOPIC** and continue it. I can't stand people who do not tolerate people who bring their children to WDW. I bring my regular sized, full stroller to WDW. I do this for many reasons, most of all, it is comfortable for my son to be in for many hours of the day. Secondly, if you see someone with a stroller, why do people hurry up and get in front of them to get on things like buses. Don;t you think the best idea is to let them on first so they don't have to try to maneuver that thing through the small isles w/ people in them? Also, they will be either first or last off the transports so you won't have to worry about them. Sometimes it's not all about you, think of others as well. ** END OF RANT**

Otherwise, glad you enjoyed your trip. I hope Pop Century is nice on the inside as we are staying there in February.

Dizneykev

RnRCJohn

Since we are on a rant I might as well got **OFF TOPIC** and continue it. I can't stand people who do not tolerate people who bring their children to WDW. I bring my regular sized, full stroller to WDW. I do this for many reasons, most of all, it is comfortable for my son to be in for many hours of the day. Secondly, if you see someone with a stroller, why do people hurry up and get in front of them to get on things like buses. Don;t you think the best idea is to let them on first so they don't have to try to maneuver that thing through the small isles w/ people in them? Also, they will be either first or last off the transports so you won't have to worry about them. Sometimes it's not all about you, think of others as well. ** END OF RANT**

I can't stand people who can't stand my friends...:brick: :fork:
I'm sorry your trip wasn't as good as you expected.

John

maelstrom

Original Poster
Originally posted by RnRCJohn
I can't stand people who can't stand my friends...:brick: :fork:

Calm down, John. Put the pitchfork away. I'm sure DizneyKev doesn't hate me, he just hates this angry side of me that woke up at 3 this morning. Even I hate this side of me. :wave:

maelstrom

Original Poster
Originally posted by dizneykev
I hope Pop Century is nice on the inside as we are staying there in February.

There are some pictures floating around of the insides on Pop Century. I think they are on wdwig.com, but don't quote me on that. I'll have some pictures of the outside eventually, once I scan in my pictures. Be prepared for giant cell phones and rubiks cubes.

PurpleFigment

**MORE RANTING**

I was at WDW last week as well and have fresh memories of the horrors of strollers and people on those motorized scooter things. Those motorized things are the worst of the worst! I actually saw one person RUN OVER a young girl in the Epcot parking lot...no more than 6 or 7 years old. The lady did NOT stop...and when the girl's mom ran after her, the old lady shout obscenities at her! The girl was limping and had some cuts/scrapes...she and her family had to turn around and leave because there was no way she could enjoy her day at the park in that condition. I also noticed a large number of people on these little things honking at people walking and yelling at people to get out of their way. Being on one of those little things does not give you supreme control over everyone else!!!!!!

As for the stroller thing, I completely understand what the original poster said! These things are generally used as battering rams against the other guests rather than for their intended use. Just because you've got a stroller does not mean you can push people out of the way or have more rights than anyone else. I have as much right to the sidewalk as a person with a stroller. Do NOT under any circumstances tell me to get out of your way or yell at me just because you've got this thing you're pushing around. If your child's feet are touching the ground, the child has outgrown the stroller -- just ask your doctor, he/she will tell you that. Do not push the stroller around just so you don't have to carry your packages -- seeing a kid walking around and a stroller full of souvinirs just makes you the laugh of the park...you look dumb and should feel dumb if you do this. If you don't absolutlely need the double-wide stroller, leave it at home...why would you want to have to deal with more than you absolutely have to? And why do people run to get infront of strollers? Because 98% of the time people with strollers take an excessive amount of time to do the simplest thing. Don't get up to the bus door and decide then to go through all your stuff and fold up your stroller and hold everyone else up for 10 minutes. PREPARE AHEAD OF TIME! Please remember that everyone doesn't have children -- and everyone doesn't want to deal with yours. Please control them...don't let them run rampant. Don't let them run all over the place standing in line. Don't let them bang into other people. I really don't think you're kid hitting me or stomping on my feet is "cute." Please use some common sense. Put yourself in the place of the childless guest -- think of how you would feel if people were running over you with their stroller or if someone else's kid spits at you. I try to be as tolerant as possible, but after getting rundown by stroller after stroller and hit by 7 kids in the line for Buzz Lighttyear, please understand why I'd be annoyed....

**END OF CURRENT RANT**

Oh, Pop Century is a bit *bright*...but I thought it looked pretty fun!

DisneyPhD

I just love it how people who know NOTHING about another persons life find that they are the experts who can explain how wrong they are, with out knowing anything about them.

For example, umbrella strollers ARE NOT GOOD ENOUGH. They do not have a cover for shade, recline or are strong enought to support very young babies or larger children. (unless you spend 200$ for a McClearn one, trust me I am a stroller expert.) Personally I don't want a full size stroller and have purchaced one just prefect for WDW, DD calls it the Disney World stoller. However not everyone can aford to do this, or wants to. They use what they have. What ever reason they have to make the choices they did, you don't live in their life or know and understand them.

Also, a word to the wise, don't cut people in stollers or whelle chairs off. Don't get in frount of them and then stop short.

With many children you will need a stroller for a long hule of the trip, but the child may want to walk some. When that happens what ever you might be carrying needs to be in the stroller, so your hands can be free to be with the child. (or so the wieghed down stroller doesn't tip over.)

Ok another one about people complaining about older kids in strollers. I once heard a walk of 40 miles is normal in a week at WDW. Do you really think a child old enough to walk, but still under 6 can handle that? Just because one kid can, doesn't mean they all can.

Glad you had a mostly nice trip. Remember not all of them can be perfect! (except maybe your 1st trip, something magical about that.) Too bad Poly was dirty, it really is a nice resort.

johnvree

Wow! If you go to WDW, you have to expect lots of kids and strollers. If either gets on your nerves, you probably picked the wrong spot for vacation.

I don't like when anyone cuts in front of me. It happens all the time at the parks and sometimes the offenders have strollers, sometimes they don't.

Sometimes I cut people off at the parks. If I do, I say "sorry". If my kids become nuisances, I put a stop to it as calmly and quickly as possible.

That aside, Maelstrom, your report seems to hit mostly the negatives of the trip. It sounds like you didn't have such a great time. If that's true. sorry to hear that. I'm surprised about the Poly. However, I suspect that the good outweighed the bad. Hope that's the case.

T1nker_Bell

I am 18 now, but when I was almost 4 years of age, I was seriously hurt by a "harmless stroller". I had broken my hip 6 months or so earlier, and we were finally going to WDW.. the trip had been delayed. I was in the stroller most of the time, but sometimes I had to walk. Well, someone decided to ram there stroller into me. I fell over quite easily and broke my hip all over again. Think twice before you push your stroller through the crowds.

maelstrom

Original Poster
Originally posted by T1nker_Bell
I am 18 now, but when I was almost 4 years of age, I was seriously hurt by a "harmless stroller". I had broken my hip 6 months or so earlier, and we were finally going to WDW.. the trip had been delayed. I was in the stroller most of the time, but sometimes I had to walk. Well, someone decided to ram there stroller into me. I fell over quite easily and broke my hip all over again. Think twice before you push your stroller through the crowds.

I can't imagine breaking my hip at that age, let alone twice! I'm so sorry that had to happen to you! :(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom