Just for fun.... You have the chance to work any job in WDW, what would you like to do??

Beacon Joe

I have the same goal! Well, to be honest I don't really care which route I worked, as long as it's out on the water. Only 4 more years to go!

That must feel good. Four years will pass quickly!

Looking forward to reading your posts in a few years if you pursue this. And in learning any tips for obtaining a job on the water at Disney World. Florida is at the top of the list for me and my wife as a place to resettle after the kids are out of college, and we approach retirement.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
I'd like to be the guy who had enough money to buy Disney Parks from TDC so that I could take it private and never have to worry about shareholders and propping up under performing divisions. All the while - focusing on a better guest experience with much better value and quality, so that families and people of all ages, regardless of income level could enjoy the parks and feel that their money was well spent.

I'm a little short on the capital needed to make that happen right now........might start a Go Fund Me.

That would be my Dream Job.

Driver

Skipper the Grand Floridian/Polynesian/Magic Kingdom launch. I hope they're still running in a couple of decades, since that's my semi-retirement job goal.
I assume you're referring to the Grand One Yacht, of which there is only one vessel. It falls under Transportation,specifically "watercraft " and there is a sign up list among the approved CM's for scheduling. It is very much sought after among the CM's, hope you realize your dream. 😊

Beacon Joe

I assume you're referring to the Grand One Yacht, of which there is only one vessel. It falls under Transportation,specifically "watercraft " and there is a sign up list among the approved CM's for scheduling. It is very much sought after among the CM's, hope you realize your dream. 😊

Nope. I have zero interest in the Grand One.

I'm talking about their small motor launches. I sail and fish on the Chesapeake and the resort launches' skipjack-like lines just deeply appeal to me.

Driver

Nope. I have zero interest in the Grand One.

I'm talking about their small motor launches. I sail and fish on the Chesapeake and the resort launches' skipjack-like lines just deeply appeal to me.
Oh sorry I misunderstood your meaning, But I guarantee the launches will always be there , they were part of Walt's dream . Originally they were steam powered but later got reworked to their present state Diesel. They are considered an Icon sorta like the monorail. When the MK first opened it was Launches and Steam powered ferry boats with side paddles.

Frontierland's Finest

I was already a submarine helmsmen at Disneyland, and got to work the two best mountains in MK (Splash Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain). My WDW dream job at this point would be being the voice of MK. How cool would it be to hear your voice around the park and have thousands daily hear it to. It's not for everybody, but I would love that job.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
lol, as a former small business owner I'll just say, be careful what you ask for. remember this is a public company so you will still have a boss who is really not interested in bring Disney back to the "way it was". they want their money.

You do what you want and get a $80,000,000 compensation package...

You’re joking, right?

Goofy213

Don't know if it still exists, but I always wanted to be an in park animator. I remember touring the studios when they were working on Aladdin and seeing the animators swing around swords in front of mirrors. It looked like fun. A couple years after that I got to work with an animator for a day at the Disney Institute. Finally bedore it was torn down Disney Quest had a drawing class located inside it. Now I know they have all been torn down, but if there is anywhere at the World where someone can be an animator or character artist thats what I want to do. ( Not caricatures, people are to picky).

My backup job would be playing Dream Finder. If they brought back the meet and greet, then maybe the ride wouldn't be too far behind.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom