Just for fun....who is your favorite runDisney announcer?

Who ya got?

• Creigh

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • John

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • Carissa

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Rudy

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Greenlawler

Original Poster
Love them all.....but I have my fav. John constantly says things that make me laugh out loud. Carissa is a close second, and who does not like Creigh? Rudy is okay, nice guy, ,meet him at DL once.

Last edited:

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Agree with you - like John the best. He was on last year's DVC member cruise and did a great segment with Art Smith. After they finished, I walked up to him and told him I really liked his performance during the runDisney races. Nice guy.

Carissa is okay. Rudy is like nails on a chalkboard to me - I find him a tad over the top. Creigh's the guy who does interviews with runners as they line up to start, correct? As someone in the last corral, it can be hard to hear him. But I loved the interview he did with our own @FerretAfros.

Greenlawler

Original Poster
Agree with you - like John the best. He was on last year's DVC member cruise and did a great segment with Art Smith. After they finished, I walked up to him and told him I really liked his performance during the runDisney races. Nice guy.

Carissa is okay. Rudy is like nails on a chalkboard to me - I find him a tad over the top. Creigh's the guy who does interviews with runners as they line up to start, correct? As someone in the last corral, it can be hard to hear him. But I loved the interview he did with our own @FerretAfros.

No Creigh is the other older gentleman who is often on stage. He could be confused with Rudy.

LAKid53

Premium Member
No Creigh is the other older gentleman who is often on stage. He could be confused with Rudy.

Oh, I've never seen him. Just Rudy, John, and Carissa (when she's not running). Did my first Marathon weekend race this month and there was a gentlemen I'd not seen before on stage for the 10K.

Greenlawler

Original Poster
download (2).jpg

Criegh Kelly, I think he's been at just about WDW Marathon weekend. He's usually at the starting line. I also think I remember him out at the DL races.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
I've only been to 1 rD weekend so I'm not sure who they all are but the chick kinda drives me crazy...the one married to Galloway's son.

surfsupdon

Carissa! At my first runDisney event the Tower13K, she was dressed in a bellhop costume and looked beautiful. I was determined to get a photo with her pre race. So I did, we talked for a good bit, and have been ‘friends’ ever since. It helps that she shouts me out at every start as well!!

Fun fact: The race announcers are not runDisney CMs. They are outsiders hired by runD year after year.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Carissa! At my first runDisney event the Tower13K, she was dressed in a bellhop costume and looked beautiful. I was determined to get a photo with her pre race. So I did, we talked for a good bit, and have been ‘friends’ ever since. It helps that she shouts me out at every start as well!!

Fun fact: The race announcers are not runDisney CMs. They are outsiders hired by runD year after year.

I believe John is a local radio personality.

Texas84

Did not know that. I have seen Rudy in other WDW videos. It's been a while.

There was also another younger guy who has appeared on TV and other videos. Forgot his name but he did a Star Wars race.

surfsupdon

Did not know that. I have seen Rudy in other WDW videos. It's been a while.

There was also another younger guy who has appeared on TV and other videos. Forgot his name but he did a Star Wars race.

Yes, Carissa was used for DME TV. Again, not a Disney employee, but hired for that role in the video.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Hey @LAKid53 what are the ‘more changes’ you were referring to above?? I feel I might be out of the loop if there are changes moreso than with Rudy.

I was referring to the move of the W&D 5K to Epcot. But Rudy's post indicates there may be more changes, given the new show director. I don't know if that means dumping John and Carissa, too (something tells me she may be safe 😉) or other changes. I sure hope not.

Don't you follow Carissa on social media? Has she said anything?

Rteetz

I was referring to the move of the W&D 5K to Epcot. But Rudy's post indicates there may be more changes, given the new show director. I don't know if that means dumping John and Carissa, too (something tells me she may be safe 😉) or other changes. I sure hope not.

Don't you follow Carissa on social media? Has she said anything?
John and Carissa are staying.

My assumption is this is because Rudy lives in CA whereas John and Carissa live in FL.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom