Just finished my interview

DisneySaint

Original Poster
Went well, I think!
She was very nice and my only complaint on my part is I talk talk talk when I'm nervous so I kept going off on a zillion different tangents. I got the question of the kid not tall enough to ride Space Mountain, and how do I deal with bad situations, and a few others I can't remember.
It was very easy - they make it like a conversation like everyone says.
I applied for Operations, Transportation, and Hospitality.
I'm praying for Monorail Pilot, Front Desk of a nice hotel, or a ride where I can have character like ToT or HM. I know EVERYONE wants those roles, though, and I assume the best one's were filled up back in March when they started hiring CPs.
Here's to waiting 2-3 weeks now! :wave:

Darwin

Best of luck to you DisneyJoey! Whatever you get I'm sure you'll love. There was a buddy of mine (sort of) that was down there the same time as me and he did the Haunted Mansion and love being as ghostly as possible. It's a lot of fun when the cast members put some heart into it. Ironicly this guy would talk and talk and talk as well, but not when he was nervous. It was 24/7. Drove me crazy sometimes.:p:) But he sure gave us some stories to tell.

DisneySaint

Original Poster
Oh, I wanted to mention I did get one weird question at the beginning of the interview. "If the only roles open were in Quick Service Food & Beverage, would you be willing to do that role?" I answered honestly that no, I really didn't want to do that because I wanted something where I had a lot of guest interaction but didn't think I could have it there.
I surely hope me saying I didn't want that role doesn't bomb my chances. She didn't SEEM disappointed that I said that. I hope it wasn't just a trap question to see if I really wanted to work there no matter what. That's true ... to an extent ... but I don't want to be the guy with a college degree assembling hot dogs all day, y'know?

Darwin

Yeah, that's an interesting question. I guess I'm the kind of person that would say yes to that. That's probably why I did custodial. :lol: But I got plenty of guest action there and it wasn't that bad. A lot of my coworkers were awesome. But I think it's good that you were honest with the question because it shows the recuiter that you can be trusted if you catch my meaning. One of my roommates stole around $8000.00 from Disney World but they only caught him with $3000.00. I wondered if that recruiter was kicked themself in the butt for that. Actually they probably never knew about it but I would feel bad if I were that recruiter even though I can't control other peoples actions. Any way I'm babbling.

jimmybop

DisneyJoey said:
Oh, I wanted to mention I did get one weird question at the beginning of the interview. "If the only roles open were in Quick Service Food & Beverage, would you be willing to do that role?" I answered honestly that no, I really didn't want to do that because I wanted something where I had a lot of guest interaction but didn't think I could have it there.
I surely hope me saying I didn't want that role doesn't bomb my chances. She didn't SEEM disappointed that I said that. I hope it wasn't just a trap question to see if I really wanted to work there no matter what. That's true ... to an extent ... but I don't want to be the guy with a college degree assembling hot dogs all day, y'know?

This is asked during almost all CP interviews. They ask this because that is where the most roles are and the greatest need is (because what does everyone like to do when they visit WDW? Eat!)

But will this cut your chances? it may not of, it depends on what roles are available/what the need is at the time of your interview and what the recruiter takes from your interview.

But it was good that you did not lie. The recruiter do take your choices very seriously and do make an effort to place you in a role that they thing you will be good/happy at.

kcw

DisneyJoey said:

On my checksheet, the only thing that I even marked was character performer- i felt like if I were going to take a semester off of school, I wanted it to be directly helpful to my career. dancing there was also something that i had wanted to do since I was little, and I was actually looking for regular auditions when I came across the CP. I told her that quite honestly that was the only role I was looking to do, and that if I couldn't do that through the CP then I would find a different way to get there! I told her that very nicely and politely, and she was totally ok with it- she said it wouldn't hurt my chances and that she appreciated my honestly.... and I ended up getting in as a character performer! so don't worry at all... its better that you were honest upfront that it is to get stuck in a position you hate just because you didn't want to "sound bad" or anything...!! good luck!

joanna71985

That's right. I only marked character performer, character attendant, and ops. I only wanted to work somewhere where I would be happy. So don't worry about not marking something.

DisneyJoey said:
Went well, I think!
She was very nice and my only complaint on my part is I talk talk talk when I'm nervous so I kept going off on a zillion different tangents. I got the question of the kid not tall enough to ride Space Mountain, and how do I deal with bad situations, and a few others I can't remember.
It was very easy - they make it like a conversation like everyone says.
I applied for Operations, Transportation, and Hospitality.
I'm praying for Monorail Pilot, Front Desk of a nice hotel, or a ride where I can have character like ToT or HM. I know EVERYONE wants those roles, though, and I assume the best one's were filled up back in March when they started hiring CPs.
Here's to waiting 2-3 weeks now! :wave:

Congrats DisneyJoey,

Well if you appiled for Transportation you might get it, if you are at least 23 they might cast you as a bus driver because they need drivers in the worst way. I start my driver training on monday morning for Buses. Good Luck and hope to see you down here as a Cast Member soon.:sohappy:

Disneykid23

DisneySaint

Original Poster
Hey guys thanks for the replies and words of support. I think they, like someone said above, only ask about QSF&B because they need so many of them and I doubt as many as they need apply for it and, if I said I'd do it, I likely would have gotten it.
Please don't tell me that about bus driver! I was just saying to my wife, "I sure hope I don't get something like bus driver." I just turned 23 so I guess that qualifies me. I didn't even realize they employ bus drivers from the CP. I don't ever recall seeing a young bus driver. But I guess if they're short that's the last thing they have to turn to. At the very least I guess I get to have a lot of guest interaction with that. I'll have to come up with a great monorail expansion and 5th gate story.
Does anyone else know what transporation curtails? Monorail pilot, monorail station attendants, and Friendship boats for sure ... but anything else?
Thanks again, guys! Here's to hoping for something great! :wave:

Darwin

That's some good advice! I should have stuck to my guns and said character performer as well. I make a pretty sweet Gaston or Tarzan! :animwink::D J/K

maelstrom

I would have said no to quick service food & beverage as well. I, too, want a role with a lot of guest interaction and making the magic happen. I'm sure that every now and again a QSFB CM makes someone's day, but I'll bet it doesn't happen very often.

If I ever apply for CP, transportation is at the top of my list. :)

Darwin

I actually enjoyed custodial because I did get to walk around and not sit behind something all day, and doing magic moments. Especially when the little kids' icecream Mickey would fall off the stick. (Maybe Disney needs a talk with Willy Wonka.) I would clean it up and tell the parents I'd get them another one free of charge. CUSTOMER REBOUND! Cha ching! It was great to see their little faces. The parents would try to get them to say "thank you" but more often than not, they were too shy.

DisneySaint

Original Poster
See that's what I want ... a job where people can see my nametag or I can spiel my name so I can get lots of good referrences! :D

kal1484

When I got my letter with QSFB I was dissapointed but EPCOT Outdoor Food was the best in the entire world. There's not a better position for guest interactions. It's really all you make it, I loved QSFB!

Darwin

Oh, I totally know what you mean. It was really funny to see some people react to my name (Darwin) when they saw my nametag. One little girl tugged on her moms arm and pointed at my nametag. She said, "Oh yeah, like the monkey in the Wild Thornberries." My name isn't very common, I've met a few Darwin's but they're usually older gentlemen. But one guy about my age asked me to take his picture, saw my nametag, and said, "No way, your name is Darwin? Mine too!" It was so weird to hear someone call my name and not be talking to me. It was great being able to talk to guests and not have to repeat the same lines all day.

kal1484

Darwin said:
Oh, I totally know what you mean. It was really funny to see some people react to my name (Darwin) when they saw my nametag. One little girl tugged on her moms arm and pointed at my nametag. She said, "Oh yeah, like the monkey in the Wild Thornberries." My name isn't very common, I've met a few Darwin's but they're usually older gentlemen. But one guy about my age asked me to take his picture, saw my nametag, and said, "No way, your name is Darwin? Mine too!" It was so weird to hear someone call my name and not be talking to me. It was great being able to talk to guests and not have to repeat the same lines all day.

Off topic, but we have a manager named Darwin, and him and another guy were our MODs today so the Board Read:

MOD Charles Darwin :p

Darwin

wdwprincess03 said:
Off topic, but we have a manager named Darwin, and him and another guy were our MODs today so the Board Read:

MOD Charles Darwin :p

Far out! Tell him a fellow Darwinian says hi.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom