Just curious to hear from others... what do you bring into the parks and what do you bring it in? crossbody, backapck, pockets?

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
This is not a what is "better" thread.
This is a for fun thread and maybe people could get some helpful tips that they hadn't thought of before.

I use to carry a small backpack.
I then switched to a crossbody and enjoy the convenience of hands free but also being able to grab things without taking off the bag.
However my next trip in a few weeks I'm toying with taking a backpack again but maybe brining the crossbody in case I don't like the backpack.

Here's what I bring in my bag...
-small wallet with ID, CC, insurance card, and cash.
-phone
-portable charger
-gum
-chap stick
-tiny body spray
-folding travel hair brush
-little pill container with things like advil, immodium...
-poncho
-glasses strap (for RNRC)
-bottle of water

I apply sunscreen before I leave the resort and do not seem to need to reapply so I don't take it to the parks

I wear a hat and have enough room to shove it in my bag while on rides like BTMRR.

allgiggles

I used to carry a crossbody bag full of stuff that I just *knew* we'd need while we were in the parks. After a few trips, I realized we never used 99% of what was in the bag so I stopped carrying it. Now I take what fits in my pockets along with a clear pouch phone lanyard. My phone, credit card, ID, and a little cash go in the lanyard pouch. I put a few tissues, a small phone charger, and lip gloss in my pockets (actually, I usually have my husband and/or son put the phone charger in their pocket). If there is supposed to be prolonged rain showers (not the typical 15 minute 4:00 shower) or we're going on KRR, I'll take a small rain poncho that fits in my pocket. My husband usually carries a small travel sized sunscreen which attaches to a belt loop with a carabiner clip. That's it. If we need anything else, we'll buy it in the park.

Upvote 0

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
The things I take into the parks are pretty much the same as you, I'll just add my Minnie Ears and a small makeup pouch with a few items like band-aids, lipstick, eye drops and bobby pins. I take a medium sized backpack for convenience in case I buy things. At night I have plenty of space to put away my hat and sunglasses too. When the sun goes down it's off with the hat, on Minnie Ears!

For the "no-park days", I carry a light, medium sized crossbody bag. I like to have options. Why not bring both?! ;)

Upvote 0

Ricky Spanish

When we go to WDW we usually take two backpacks, my daughter has her own and we have one that my wife and I share. We pack umbrellas, water, granola, and my wife makes a small first aid kit. We could really pack everything into one backpack but we've learned that it's too much for one pack. Also, my daughter wants her own pack and having two half full packs gives us room for souvenirs, Mickey's kitchen sink, etc.

Upvote 0

awoogala

I've only used my pockets since my kids got older (no diapers/change of clothes).
I carry :
one cc, id, health insurance card, ap, and tiw card.
phone, backup battery and cord
my vape/liquid to fill
and that's it.
I just get free water from kiosks if I need it.
I usually just tie my rain jacket around my waist if I'm sure it will be raining.

Upvote 0

TARDIS

We used to bring a backpack but started a minimalist approach a few years ago. Just id,backup credit card, phone, a couple bandaids, clip on sunscreen and disposable ponchos if rain looks likely and that’s it. All perfectly fits in pockets. We started this to avoid bag check and learned we don’t *need* the junk we used to think we needed.

Upvote 0

Queen of the WDW Scene

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
I use those Loungefly small backpacks that you can get in the parks. I think they are small enough that I’m not weighed down, but also fit the Disney mood lol.

This is what I'm considering using. I have the Blue Fairy/Pinocchio one.
The problem I'm having is where to adjust the straps to make it comfortable yet make it easy to get on and off.
I just can't find the "sweet" spot which is discouraging me from using it but I really want to especially because its so adorable.
Its also one of the few Loungefly backpacks that have a little zip pocket on the inside perfect for my wallet.
The crossbody has a specific spot for each item and is so convenient although I'm sure security would prefer the backpack because there's not as many pockets lol.

Upvote 0

Queen of the WDW Scene

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
I've only used my pockets since my kids got older (no diapers/change of clothes).
I carry :
one cc, id, health insurance card, ap, and tiw card.
phone, backup battery and cord
my vape/liquid to fill
and that's it.
I just get free water from kiosks if I need it.
I usually just tie my rain jacket around my waist if I'm sure it will be raining.

I usually don't carry a bottle of water and do like you do and get free ice water. However this trip we are staying CL and can have as much water/sode/juice etc as we want so we will be taking advantage by taking a couple things into the parks each day.

Upvote 0

Queen of the WDW Scene

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Oh to those that use their pockets.
I wish I could be you lol.
I have gone as minimal as possible but I do use every thing I listed in my OP. In fact most things on that list I have in my regular daily purse which really isn't much all things considered but I cannot take anything more away lol.

Upvote 0

allgiggles

Oh to those that use their pockets.
I wish I could be you lol.
I have gone as minimal as possible but I do use every thing I listed in my OP. In fact most things on that list I have in my regular daily purse which really isn't much all things considered but I cannot take anything more away lol.

I was the same way -- even though I knew we didn't use 99% of what I was dragging to the parks every day, I couldn't make the leap. Then one day we went to DTD/DS for some shopping. I only took what fit in my pockets because I knew we weren't going to a park. But while we were at DTD, we decided to hop over to Animal Kingdom for a few hours. I was having a meltdown --- how were we going to survive without our park bag????? My husband kept saying we could just buy what we needed...if we needed something. Guess what...we didn't need anything. And that was the end of the park bag.

Upvote 0

awoogala

I usually don't carry a bottle of water and do like you do and get free ice water. However this trip we are staying CL and can have as much water/sode/juice etc as we want so we will be taking advantage by taking a couple things into the parks each day.
I do sometimes have a bottle of water or coffee in the morning. I just carry it in. I hate the bag check lines with a hate that is extreme. lol

Upvote 0

Mickey5150

I use pockets. Pen, pills, bandaids and spare camera battery in front left pocket, phone in front right, wallet in back right, which leaves back left for napkins and maps once I get to the parks. No need to carry a water bottle since I know the location of every drinking fountain in WDW. My camera and lense are weather sealed so no worries there and if it rains, I go inside. Also I remember that I'm not allergic to water and just walk thru it.

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

Small lightweight backpack with: variety of snacks, 2 water bottles with flavored water, 1 insulated bottle with ice, sunscreen, phone & charger, batteries, aspirin, small first aid kit, sunglasses, small note pad & pen, camera, zip lock baggies, washcloth, small book of puzzles, list of things I want to check out or find in the parks, daily park schedule.
Also have my pin lanyard loaded with pins & extra pins for trading.

Upvote 0

nickys

Premium Member
Anyone use a clear bag for ease during bag check?

No, but I do know people who use ziplock bags inside a backpack, to make bag check easy.

We usually have one small backpack with sun cream, tissues, a few plasters, any medicines we need. And a couple of frozen water bottles to melt through the day. Plus DVC card, CC and IDs.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom