Just Back!

BruS

Original Poster
Well, Just got back from our annual week at WDW (5/15-5-22).
Once again it was another fantastic trip. For a fourth consecutive year we stayed at Port Orleans Riverside and once again it was wonderful. I can't say enough good things about the place and its staff--they are wonderfull. I made sure we stayed in Oak Manor after reading here that it had been refurbished---I can tell you that the rooms have been repainted and fixed up but there were no drastic or significant changes.
As for the Parks---they were wonderful and the crowds and lines were managable. EPCOT; My family and I consider this our favorite and we spend a lot of time there. MISSION SPACE was good by I must say that it wasn't all that I thought it would be.
Don't get me wrong----It was fun---but after watching it being built the past few years and hearing and reading all the details of the ride and then hearing about people getting sick and not paying attention to the warnings about the experience---I was a little tentative about riding it. I must say again--its a GOOD ride and it is fun---but the experience didn't come close to what I was expecting---but maybe I was expecting WAY too much!.
Magic Kingdom; Mickey's Philharmagic was THE BEST! No disappointment in this one----young and old will really enjoy it.
Without question this is the Best 3-D you'll experience. The crowds go a little rough for "spectro-magic" and "Wishes" on Tuesday night---DO NOT stand in the circle in front of the Castle. My nine-year old daughter was nearly run over countless times by people pushing HUGE strollers through the crowd. We moved to watch "wishes" and they were fantastic, but we didn't have the greatest view to really enjoy them. Animal Kingdom; We enjoyed it more this year than ever. I don't know exactly why but Expedition Everest already has us counting down the days!---(maybe I shouldn't get too worked up considering Mission Space). Tarzan rocks was really good and my daughter loved DinoLand--even though Dinosaur wasn't operating.
MGM; We had a blast----Tower of Terror was outstanding all FIVE times. Rockin' ROller Coaster was fun---as always.
Well---I don't want to go on forever---but I did want to share some thoughts because the posts I read here leading up to my trip really helped. Any questions--Just Ask.
Can't wait to go back.

BruS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jenngusto

Thanks for the trip report! I still have 165 days 'til my trip and I love to hear about everyone else's in the mean time, it helps me stay excited!! :wave:

Tom

Beta Return
Hey BruS! Thanks for the report.

My brother and I will be down there for the 4th year in a row at Riverside! June 5-12! Looking forward to it!

Was there any construction taking place in the other mansions? We were leaning toward Acadian House.

BruS

Original Poster
Yeah, I believe it was Acadian House that was being re-done while we were there , but from all indications it should be ready soon.

BruS

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom