Just Back from the World...Anyone ever experience this??

Tater48

Original Poster
Just got back from a great time at WDW. Had a snow delay in Houston on the way, yes, it snowed in Houston on Friday, but the weather there was great. Might do a trip report later, but we experienced something that we had never experienced before. We were there for some of the time that Pop Warner was there. I have never seen a more rude group of kids in my life. Some of these roaming bands of kids made the Brazilian tour groups look like angels. There were large groups of kids, all in team shirts just running amok through the parks. They were running into and over people and practicing the talk for when they join the Navy in the upcoming years, without a single adult in sight. There were a few well behaved groups with chaperones, but for the most part these kids were horrendous. Has anyone else ever experienced these roaming bands of mini thugs practicing this behavior, or is this a sign of the years of Pop Warner to come?
Even while dealing with this, we still had a great time, and even with them there, this was a super time to visit the parks.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
We just got back too....we were supposed to stay at the All Star Movies but when we checked in we got a free upgrade to the Beach Club. We were overjoyed! We didn't have to deal with the Pop Warner kids and well...it was the Beach Club!

Nemo14

We just got back too....we were supposed to stay at the All Star Movies but when we checked in we got a free upgrade to the Beach Club. We were overjoyed! We didn't have to deal with the Pop Warner kids and well...it was the Beach Club!
Did we share a table with you in Germany on Saturday?

EPCOTPluto

I am fortunate to say that I always try to not go during the Pop Warners From Hell period. Too much craziness to worry about already. ;)

That's a jump indeed. Congrats. :D

BrerFrog

A group that is worse than the Brazilian tour groups has been located at WDW!? That is impossible. :ROFLOL:

Anyway, I have never experienced that.

luvlifeinfl

We just returned from our trip on dec. 1st andI will tell you the only day that we experiance the marching band camps was on the our last day Nov. 30th, these kids are from the states so there is no excuse of being from a different culture.

Yes, they were very loud, running & if there was a group of 10 of them they would all get on their cell phones calling there friends & the next thing we know here comes another group of 10 of them getting in line with their friends.

While standing in queue for SM we would watch them being distructive of the building, they were peeling paint off the walls and there was a curtain of sorts hung up over the queue window and we watched them rip open so they could look through to the other side.

And these kids had no adult supervision. What has this become schools come dump the kids in WDW and tell them to check back in 12 hours.

cdunbar

You are the second person that I know of who got that upgrade, I wonder if they had had SO many complaints about the kids already that they just said screw it move to what;s avaliable to that was it...:lol:

TURKEY

You are the second person that I know of who got that upgrade, I wonder if they had had SO many complaints about the kids already that they just said screw it move to what;s avaliable to that was it...:lol:

I guarantee you that the All-Stars were overbooked and they can't move Pop Warner or any groups so regular guests get moved.

Normally it's to another All-Star or the moderates - basically All-Star, then Pop, then to the moderates, then the cheapest deluxes/DVC's (I think OKW and SS are before AKL and WL).

ChrisFL

Premium Member
We just returned from our trip on dec. 1st andI will tell you the only day that we experiance the marching band camps was on the our last day Nov. 30th, these kids are from the states so there is no excuse of being from a different culture.

Yes, they were very loud, running & if there was a group of 10 of them they would all get on their cell phones calling there friends & the next thing we know here comes another group of 10 of them getting in line with their friends.

While standing in queue for SM we would watch them being distructive of the building, they were peeling paint off the walls and there was a curtain of sorts hung up over the queue window and we watched them rip open so they could look through to the other side.

And these kids had no adult supervision. What has this become schools come dump the kids in WDW and tell them to check back in 12 hours.

Thats really sickening :fork:

Dj Corona

Ugh, to an extent, I too have felt the pain of this thread...got stuck in quite a few lines with inter-state cheer squad rivals one year, and the chaporones were literally egging on a cheer-off in every line for a ride to ear bleeding decimals...finally, it got to point where everyone else in line told them to shut the H-E-Double hockey sticks up!! (Along with many other phrases that can't be mentioned here) And that still didn't stop it, although I give credit to the cast member @ The Haunted Mansion who when opening the doors to the ride effectively put an end to it! Not a fun time for sure!

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
I've had that problem with cheer groups.
Most of the time it's just a few bad eggs that give the others bad names.
When my band went to Disneyland we had zero issues... though some moron practically tackled SpongeBob at Uni...

To be honest if you get groups of kids like that out in public in general they're a hassle. My dad actually coaches a little league team and they are just crap piles when you put them together.

DisneyMusician2

I might sell my soul for a beach club upgrade on my next trip.

DABIGCHEEZ

We ran into this some years ago. We were unaware of the whole Pop Warner competition going on. They held the competition at the INDY show over at MGM (at the time). On the day we went to MGM, I was so sick of hearing cheers and jumping kids in line. What I did not understand is that WDW has a whole WIDE WORLD OF SPORTS and they held it at MGM. Isit still held there?

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
I stayed at Pop from 12/1-12/12 2008 and didn't notice the Pop Warner crowds....they must've been more 'behaved' last year :rolleyes:

TURKEY

I stayed at Pop from 12/1-12/12 2008 and didn't notice the Pop Warner crowds....they must've been more 'behaved' last year :rolleyes:

They normally don't let Pop Warner invade Pop, unless everyone books as families (not guaranteed to be together) and not through Pop Warner itself.

Mystic

Just got back from a great time at WDW. Had a snow delay in Houston on the way, yes, it snowed in Houston on Friday, but the weather there was great. Might do a trip report later, but we experienced something that we had never experienced before. We were there for some of the time that Pop Warner was there. I have never seen a more rude group of kids in my life. Some of these roaming bands of kids made the Brazilian tour groups look like angels. There were large groups of kids, all in team shirts just running amok through the parks. They were running into and over people and practicing the talk for when they join the Navy in the upcoming years, without a single adult in sight. There were a few well behaved groups with chaperones, but for the most part these kids were horrendous. Has anyone else ever experienced these roaming bands of mini thugs practicing this behavior, or is this a sign of the years of Pop Warner to come?
Even while dealing with this, we still had a great time, and even with them there, this was a super time to visit the parks.

This is quite typical of the last days of Pop Warner as most of the teams have been knocked out of competition. That's why we are only ever there during the first few days when all the teams are still competing and we only see the odd little group in the evenings. It's also why we've decided to only ever stay Deluxe at this time of year. We were originally booked to stay at POFQ but we decided to upgrade to the Polynesian when we found out that POR would be the moderate used for Pop Warner, not Coronado Springs like the rumors had said, which meant that French Quarter was the overflow. We jumped on the first Deluxe resort that came available with our free dining code for our trip dates, it just happened to be the Polynesian.

Mystic

Pop Warner stays at 2 of the All Star Resorts and Port Orleans Riverside with Port Orleans French Quarter as the overflow resort. That is if the teams want to stay together and have Disney transport them to the competitions. You will find Pop Warner families staying at the other resorts but they are responsible for getting themselves to the competitions. We saw a few Pop Warner families at the Polynesian but they were individual families, not teams.

Tater48

Original Poster

We, too, stayed at Pop Century. This is not where the problems were. It was at the parks.:eek: However, we did go into the Grand Floridian one night to see the gingerbread house, and there was a group of them in there, in the lobby, acting pretty much the same way. Just went in and looked at the house and left, so really don't know what kind of damage, if any, they caused. They were unsupervised, of course, again. :shrug:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom