Just back from a great trip Sept 17-25th!

Well got back Saturday nite Sept 25th, had a great time ..I'll try to make this short and sweet!
Vacation started on Friday Sept 17th , smooth at airport, got to check in room right away @ 3:00 with no complaints @ our home resort of SSR..Needless to say after many times staying ina studio we deciding to try a one bedroom..yeah one word now..SPOILED!!!!!
So much more room and with two girl 10 and 7 , yeah there is no going back now!!
We had a great view @ congress Park with a view of Downtown Disney, third floor!!
Ordered from Garden Grocer, love them!! So professional and always on time and everything I ordered is always there!!!!

The parks we found it was time of day you went or even the day, first nite we headed to MK road Space Mountain 3 times Straight..no lines no wait same thing with Splash Mountain as well......This was @ 5oclock which to me on a friday surprising!! Then we got to see for the first time The Mainstreet electric light parade...oh my god!!!! Its now one of my favorites...We had to go to catch it agin two more nites....!! We found the days of the MNSSHP it was very slow if anything at all..Until around 7 when they boot your but out quicker than you can blink an eye..(we've seen it so many times that this year we figured we save the moolah)!!

Tried Via Nappoli....YUM!! we got in before our time we had reservations for , I had the eggplant palm and hubby had chicken palm which he said was one of the best he's had...we both agreed that yes it was good but not 100.00 worth ( our two girls ate there as well), but hay we tried it, we know we're at disney and sad but true thats the norm for a family of four there ...We did use our Tables in Wonderland,,, which yes saved us lots, we had it left over from last year so woohoo for us!!
My oldest finally tried RNR and loved it! Our youngest who was finally tall enough got to ride Space mountain and tried Everest which she loved both...She's the dare devil!!!.
All in all it was a great trip my my youngest fav term all week was "I want" and the oldest was "Can I"? and me was " I can't believe how many people have 3 or more kids"!!" How can they afford it or where do they find the patience??" and hubby He just says "whatever"
I am amazed how many people bring those giant Cadillac strollers..I feel for them (we tried once yes that was enough)..And for every time person out there there is 3 rude ones...Evidently the word "excuse me" is not in many people's vocabulary..I like when you get either a look or just "the push"..
But what can you do ....So thats all in a nut shell! I'll try to get some pics to go along with this!!

Mukta

I love how light the crowds are this time of year. That has spoiled me more than anything!
Where else did you guys eat? I love hearing about great eats!

dixiegirl

Original Poster
disney2010005-Copy3.jpg

disney2010006-Copy.jpg

disney2010008.jpg
disney2010010.jpg

disney2010019.jpg

yes we loved SSR one bedroom!!!

dixiegirl

Original Poster
disney2010113.jpg
disney2010116.jpg
love the bus like this!
disney2010117.jpg
just waiting !
disney2010169.jpg
yes those wild animals are mine!!
I'll have more in a little!

dixiegirl

Original Poster
Great pics! It looked like no one else was around! :lookaroun
(thanks that was just a few of the 500 pics I took)

Really can't complain, the crowds were typical of September, Sadly probably our last time going in Sept though, my oldest is in middle school and well Don't want her to fall behind in her school work! So next year Hot and very humid August for us!!!
But we had a great time! Other than Via Napoli, we ate in at San Angel Inn Mexico which was very good..We did our norm of eating a Rainforest Cafe a few times as well as ESPN club....As far as breakfast it's nice having the Kitchen at SSR, not that I cooked but to have at least breakfast there, we saved alot time and money!

rsoxguy

I'm glad that you enjoyed your recent trip. It looks as though you had a great time. The Kitchen Sink photos were great. I see that your husband still dresses in the height of fashion. Enjoy the memories!

dixiegirl

Original Poster
I'm glad that you enjoyed your recent trip. It looks as though you had a great time. The Kitchen Sink photos were great. I see that your husband still dresses in the height of fashion. Enjoy the memories!

From a fellow Red Sox fan would you expect anything else??LOL!! Yes it always sparks conversations with other fans....My oldest at one point said to me "uh not again"! I just find it comical!

Ahh it looks like everyone really enjoyed themselves. I am happy for all of you. Disney is the bestest place on earth for sure. :) Love the pics too. :wave::sohappy:

LeafsFanNL

Sorry for the late question, but did you rely on Disney Transportation at SSR? How was it if you did?

Oh and Bruins and Red Sox BOOO!!. Leafs and Jays WooHoo!!:animwink:

dixiegirl

Original Poster
We had no complaints at SSR with the transportation...maybe 5-10 min....the was a day which was the longest wait of 20 min...To me its all about timimg...But we've stayed there the past 4 year sand can't really complain about the transportation.....But also we've not in that group who complain if they see a scratch on a garbage can...LOL
We really enjoy SSR we especailly like the Congress Park area...!

And the only reason I'm a Sox fan..is the hubby after watching it all the time you have no choice!! And I am so not a Sport person!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom