Just 3 FPs for the day?

Mrs Potato Head

Original Poster
This may have been answered already. We are testing the Magic Bands on our trip starting on Oct 29th. I'm still making FP reservations (i know so awful i'm so late but real life is kicking my butt lately). Anyway I've picked my 3 for each day pretty much BUT once I use one of them on a particular day will another slot open up for me? Like let's say I use a FP+ for Pooh at 10am - after my ride will I be able to rebook another FP for later in the day to always have 3 active ones open? Or do I just get 3 for the whole day?

And I see people talking about paper fastpasses but how can we still get those if we only have the bands and not cards anymore (or do we still get cards while testing the magic bands)?

any insight is very much appreciated!!

docdebbi

It does not work at all the way you are thinking. FP plus you get three per day- period!. Although some folks got a bonus fourth at MK for a short while, not the usual plan. It has nothing to with when you use them like the regular FP did. But you are lucky, while this is still in testing, the old FP machines are still up and running and it is letting you get them. So this trip you can double dip. Use your FP plus and still get yourself some regular FP, should be quite nice.

Amy Shelton

It does not work at all the way you are thinking. FP plus you get three per day- period!. Although some folks got a bonus fourth at MK for a short while, not the usual plan. It has nothing to with when you use them like the regular FP did. But you are lucky, while this is still in testing, the old FP machines are still up and running and it is letting you get them. So this trip you can double dip. Use your FP plus and still get yourself some regular FP, should be quite nice.

So when it goes into full rollout....we will only be allowed 3 Fastpasses each day? Period.

docdebbi

Disney has not made any formal statement about this. Or a lot of other details to be honest. No one knows for sure. It is the way it is now....who knows the future.
Another issue most folks hope is not permanent but just for testing is that you may only get them for one park. Most folks won't be buying hoppers then if that stays permanently. But so much is still unannounced, we will have to wait and see

Longers

I saw a post yesterday (sorry cant remember the thread) saying that someone had done 3 fast pass am in MK and on way to Epcot bagged another 3? Think there are still issues with the system and I guess only time will tell how this pans out.

Weather_Lady

3 Fast Passes is adequate for the other parks, but so limiting in the MK. I am having a lot of trouble figuring out which ones to pick.

So am I. Our generalized plan is to go 3 different times in the evening, getting FP+s for BTMRR/Splash/Jungle Cruise, then Buzz/Space Mountain/7DMT, and then Enchanted Tales/Princess Fairytale Hall/Peter Pan. We'll be hitting many of the same attractions two different mornings at rope drop, as well, plus other long-wait attractions like AstroOrbiter, Pooh, Haunted Mansion, etc....

If we were spending less than 2-3 days in the Magic Kingdom, there's no way we could avoid a few lines of 30+ minutes without at least 4-5 Fastpass+ per day. (By contrast, we don't even need 3 Fastpasses per day in any of the other parks, except to do an attraction more than once, which we will no longer be able to do with Fastpass+).

Frankly, it would be easier if we were simply allotted 3 FP+ per day as a total "kitty," (e.g., 6 nights = 18 FP+) to use where we wanted, when we wanted -- sort of the like dining plan credits.

Weather_Lady

I got 4 FP+ for MK on 10/24 and 4 FP+ for DHS on 10/25. These are not intending to combine with paper FP.

Just out of curiosity, at what resort are you staying? (Some folks have speculated that deluxe resort guests may, in the long term if not immediately at the full launch of FP+, be getting more FP+ than the huddled masses staying elsewhere.) It could be that they're testing it through you (LUCKY!), or that WDW is testing some guests with some different numbers to see what impact (if any) it has on guest satisfaction...

disneygirl1024

Just out of curiosity, at what resort are you staying? (Some folks have speculated that deluxe resort guests may, in the long term if not immediately at the full launch of FP+, be getting more FP+ than the huddled masses staying elsewhere.) It could be that they're testing it through you (LUCKY!), or that WDW is testing some guests with some different numbers to see what impact (if any) it has on guest satisfaction...
All star sports

Texas84

I was at Pop last weekend and I could only do 3 FP+ per day, one park per day. Yep, I tested that system. Maybe they increased it for testing?

EvilQueen-T

This summer I asked cm's at mk about the 3 per day and only in one park (kind of makes park hopping obsolete imo) but they said they did a survey about how often people use fp's and they took the average of what people responded and doubled it. They told me the "average person on average uses 1.5 fp's per day" so they doubled it to 3...I must have had a REALLY shocked look on my face at that point. All I could think of is who the (expletive) are they giving these survey's to? I think a lot of people don't know how to use the current system. I often hear people think they can't get another fp until the one they have has been used (like when you get a fp for tsm for 5pm and it's only 11am now kind of thing) rather than seeing the fine print at the bottom that says next fp available at x time. We use the fp system and get one every 2 hours or sooner on the rare occasions when they're still spitting them out sooner so that's like 6-8 a day during the summer not 3 per day ...ugh! I'm just never going to stand in line for rides like sorin' or tsm for hours on end for a single ride so 3/day and not being able to park hop totally stinks for my family and circle of friends.

CaptainShortty

I got 4 FP+ for MK on 10/24 and 4 FP+ for DHS on 10/25. These are not intending to combine with paper FP.

My guess is either a) it was a system glitch that you happened to greatly benefit from or b) you are part of a test and the info about the test hasn't been reased yet. Once all the resorts are live, I would expect to see lots of smaller tests to so they can adjust as needed.

EvilQueen-T

My guess is either a) it was a system glitch that you happened to greatly benefit from or b) you are part of a test and the info about the test hasn't been reased yet. Once all the resorts are live, I would expect to see lots of smaller tests to so they can adjust as needed.

my vaca starts 10/24-10/27 and we were given 3/day

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom