Jurassic Park: The Ride at Universal Studios Hollywood to be re-themed to Jurassic World.... What does this mean for Orlando?

GabeP

It was alive and well on my trip there (orlando) late last month. Once you hit the inside of the ride, it's very dated, but the final splashdown is still fun.

OG Runner

It sounds like, from all the descriptions we have received that this will be a large, fast and thrilling roller coaster. Unfortunately,
at the same time, it appears that it will really mess up the aesthetics of the area. A big coaster crawling up the back of Hogsmeade,
really will not be a good look.

OG Runner

Anto, I am sorry, but I do not quite understand what you are saying. What do you mean by "studios universal of the Pechino"?

JT3000

It sounds like, from all the descriptions we have received that this will be a large, fast and thrilling roller coaster. Unfortunately,
at the same time, it appears that it will really mess up the aesthetics of the area. A big coaster crawling up the back of Hogsmeade,
really will not be a good look.

It depends where the tallest sections of the coaster are. If the rumor about it going under a new bridge behind Hogsmeade is true, then that section of the coaster will only be seen from the patio of the restaurant, which was already facing JP anyway. It's possible to minimize the coaster's impact from Hogsmeade if they've taken such things into consideration. I'm more concerned for its impact on JP itself.

OG Runner

It depends where the tallest sections of the coaster are. If the rumor about it going under a new bridge behind Hogsmeade is true, then that section of the coaster will only be seen from the patio of the restaurant, which was already facing JP anyway. It's possible to minimize the coaster's impact from Hogsmeade if they've taken such things into consideration. I'm more concerned for its impact on JP itself.

What impact on JP are you concerned with? Since it will be a JP coaster per se, it should fit in there.

JT3000

What impact on JP are you concerned with? Since it will be a JP coaster per se, it should fit in there.

Deforestation mainly. JP doesn't work when you tear down too many trees, even if it's for an in-theme ride. And even with JP being an amusement park of sorts, I'm not sold on the idea of having a coaster weaving in and out of every crevice of the land. This will also probably ruin the view of the Discovery Center from across the lagoon.

OG Runner

Deforestation mainly. JP doesn't work when you tear down too many trees, even if it's for an in-theme ride. And even with JP being an amusement park of sorts, I'm not sold on the idea of having a coaster weaving in and out of every crevice of the land. This will also probably ruin the view of the Discovery Center from across the lagoon.

Yes, I think you can be pretty guaranteed on most of those things happening. Even though, they are touting how they planted 1,000
new trees for the Potter coaster, so some re-forestation is not out of the question.

JT3000

Yeah, I've heard that, but any specifics? Like how it was known that Hagrid's Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure was going to be themed around that before it was officially announced.

It isn't expected to have much theming. It's just a roller coaster in Jurassic Park.

Jon81uk

Yeah, I've heard that, but any specifics? Like how it was known that Hagrid's Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure was going to be themed around that before it was officially announced.

Rumours seem to be that the coaster will be lightly themed, but you will start off in the velociraptor enclosure before "escaping" out and doing a whole load of coaster stuff. I would put the theming at a Duelling Dragons sort of level, the coaster is an extreme experience, but the theme and story won't really be all that major.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom