Jurassic Park: The Ride at Universal Studios Hollywood to be re-themed to Jurassic World.... What does this mean for Orlando?

msg7

Original Poster
How long do you guys think it'll be before Universal re-themes the Orlando attraction and possibly the land with Jurassic World?

Last edited:

JT3000

But why? Jurassic Park is the classic. Why does it have to be altered just because Jurassic World is what's current? Such a Universal thing to do. They can't really retheme our ride without retheming the entire land though. They're different parks.

sonoma15

But why? Jurassic Park is the classic. Why does it have to be altered just because Jurassic World is what's current? Such a Universal thing to do. They can't really retheme our ride without retheming the entire land though. They're different parks.
Orlando will probably be getting a new coaster along with the retheme so that’s something to look forward too.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
Seems too short of a period for any exceptionally large changes. I'd imagine this is more an opportunity to close the ride for a period to fix/replace some of the more troublesome effects (like the falling jeep... which was cool when it worked). Hopefully whatever changes they are making won't rely TOO heavily on screens...

Bacon

Seems too short of a period for any exceptionally large changes. I'd imagine this is more an opportunity to close the ride for a period to fix/replace some of the more troublesome effects (like the falling jeep... which was cool when it worked). Hopefully whatever changes they are making won't rely TOO heavily on screens...
Please the T. rex at the top will be removed 100% and replaced with a cgi dinosaur

Kram Sacul

In the Parks
Yes
^ As you say, @Kram Sacul.

I feel where you're coming from, however, I would guess associating the refurbishment with Jurassic World was the way they could get the funds they need to repair the ailing ride.

I would think so too. The amount of broken effects in the Hollywood version have just piled up in the last few years. When you watch videos of how the ride was when it first opened it’s shocking how bad it has gotten.

Wendy Pleakley

Universal uses a lot of screens because it allows them to put attractions into small spaces.

No reason to believe this existing attraction will suddenly go all digital.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
I think changing Jurassic Park to Jurassic World could be a cool idea. A lot more ride options with the theme of a completed dino theme park than one that never opened.

Buy there are so many area in Islands that need either significant upkeep or new themes that feel like they should take priority before the work on Jurassic Park which is still very solid

D.Silentu

I'm anxious to discuss the developments at the Universal Hollywood ride further. Is there an appropriate forum to take the subject, or is this the place?

Musicman20

Hmm. Not sure how I feel about this. If they fix Orlando's and just make a few modern amendments, no problem, but it is a great ride.

Before I think I am going mad, I used to think that the T Rex stomped along on the right side of you, until it went dark then it lunged at you before the drop.

I'm assuming I am wrong and it never did stomp along or appear on the right before the drop?

The drop looks huge, but after a few days of rides it feels pretty smooth and slow.

I'm all for more JP/JW rides and theming.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom