Jurassic Park Rollercoaster Coming To Universals Islands Of Adventure?

Coolbert

1624675683796.png

Tom Morrow

Either there's more caging coming or this is just a really odd thematic choice, because there's certainly more angles you could hit riders from.

Yeah I was thinking that. This seems more like it's to prevent objects from hitting people on the walkway rather than vice-versa. Like how Hulk has some nets below it despite the metal detector policy.

SJN1279

I found the Velocicoaster was very fast and pretty good, but I actually enjoyed the theming in the queue more than the actual ride itself.

I was hoping for Claire and Owen to appear at the end of the ride and was disappointed that they didn't. Great addition to IOA though.

DonaldDoleWhip

Quick question for the Universal experts here: is it necessary to do anything complicated to ride Velocicoaster, besides showing up at rope drop?

Heading to Universal next month (first time in 6 years) and am incredibly excited to ride this and Hagrid's!

JT3000

Quick question for the Universal experts here: is it necessary to do anything complicated to ride Velocicoaster, besides showing up at rope drop?

Heading to Universal next month (first time in 6 years) and am incredibly excited to ride this and Hagrid's!
Yes, you must run an obstacle course suspended over a pit of live raptors. If you make it to the end, you get a glowing churro and a spot in the VelociCoaster queue. This will all be recorded in front of a live studio audience and hosted by Mike O’Malley.

lazyboy97o

You don’t even need to rope drop. Just show up whenever you feel like it at what ever pace your prefer. It’s been amazingly consistent at churching through people with waits hovering in the 45-60 minutes area.

Poseidon Quest

I don't think I've ever seen them do VL. That thing is a capacity monster as long as they're running full trains. It's always a stand-by line and even then, the wait time seems to always be over-posted.

jonnyc

I don't think I've ever seen them do VL. That thing is a capacity monster as long as they're running full trains. It's always a stand-by line and even then, the wait time seems to always be over-posted.

This is great to hear. What have they done differently from Hagrids to achieve this?

Poseidon Quest

This is great to hear. What have they done differently from Hagrids to achieve this?

Velociocaster is just a straightforward coaster. Hagrid's however, is probably the most complex attraction ever created. A record seven launches, 3 switch tracks and two drop tracks is a lot to maintain and have working all at once. Obviously, if any of the launches or track switches fault out, the entire thing can't run, hence the unreliability.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

They should replace JPRA with this from Beijing.

I love that its a dark ride, I HATE THE SCREENS however; I love how they integrated the screens with the sound stage live action (the t-rex on the screen attacking the INDOMINUS at the end and it falls then a AA INDOMINUS head comes out next to you as he falls) around you. and those AA dinos are fantastic. I really liked what they did instead of making it a water ride. but nothing can replace seeing the brachio in UNIVERSAL HOLLYWOOD raise its head up as the gate opens

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom