Jurassic Park Rollercoaster Coming To Universals Islands Of Adventure?

Disneyhead'71

ec2bc8ae17a873563529e1c7786ebce1.jpg

This is a cool medieval monument that feels like something a fantasy medieval castle might actually have.

View attachment 493253

This is an Instagrammable photo-op and a marquee sign.

Seriously though I'm not that upset about these raptor statues, I'm still very excited for the ride. They just seem a little redundant.
I completely agree about the Hulk statue. Not a fan. Optimus Prime too. I like the Dragon in Diagon and the Shark in front of Jaws though.

Anyway, we now know what they are doing with the raptor statues.

Seriously, are we just going to ignore the sheer insanity of this setup?

And I still don't understand how this is going to be a Jurassic World ride unless they're retheming the entire island and we somehow still don't know about it. Otherwise having a JW ride in the middle of a JP area is just lazy.

Bad ideas are what the Jurassic Parks are made of. 😂

And about that JW retheme of the land. That was the plan pre-COVID. Coke Oasis is supposed to become Isle Nu Bar with new tiki drinks in plastic Tiki glasses. Thunder Falls is suppose to get a Costa Rican menu upgrade. Signage and accent color swap throughout the land. I hope it still happens.

Last edited:

JT3000

And about that JW retheme of the land. That was the plan pre-COVID. Coke Oasis is supposed to become Isle Nu Bar with new tiki drinks in plastic Tiki glasses. Thunder Falls is suppose to get a Costa Rican menu upgrade. Signage and accent color swap throughout the land. I hope it still happens.

I don't actually want it to happen, mind you. I'd much rather keep the classic JP theme and have this ride follow suit (plus the blue & grey color scheme of JW is so dull.) There's just no logic in doing a JW ride unless there's a full retheme coming (very) soon.

The River Adventure also needs on overhaul, but I hope if they retheme it to JW, they learn from their mistakes in Hollywood. The opening scene needs to stay, but with better AAs, and the raptor containment area needs a lot of rethinking. It just looks like a waste of space in Hollywood. Even putting the mosasaurus tank there would be an improvement.

Last edited:

Lintemuthstudios

I don't actually want it to happen, mind you. I'd much rather keep the classic JP theme and have this ride follow suit (plus the blue & grey color scheme of JW is so dull.) There's just no logic in doing a JW ride unless there's a full retheme coming (very) soon.

The River Adventure also needs on overhaul, but I hope if they retheme it to JW, they learn from their mistakes in Hollywood. The opening scene needs to stay, but with better AAs, and the raptor containment area needs a lot of rethinking. It just looks like a waste of space in Hollywood. Even putting the mosasaurus tank there would be an improvement.

If Velocicoaster is meant to be a Raptor Containment area, why would they have another on River Adventure?

Disneyhead'71

If Velocicoaster is meant to be a Raptor Containment area, why would they have another on River Adventure?
The one on the River Adventure side is for the Raptor Encounter Meet and Greet. They even have the transfer area marked in the pavement between the two. It is where the yellow arrow is. You can even see an arrow pattern in the concrete.

20200829-105442-2.jpg

JoeCamel

LOL. I have no idea the difference between JP and JW. For that matter I didn't know there was 3 JP movies....until recently.

What exactly makes this ride a JW ride?
Color palette is JW all the way like Raptor Encounter is. I expect to see it spread as projects are completed.

My95cobras

Heard from a neighbor that jp river adventure may be getting the cali upgrade. she said since the postponement of eu there will be more upgrades coming to ioa and uo.

JT3000

LOL. I have no idea the difference between JP and JW. For that matter I didn't know there was 3 JP movies....until recently.

What exactly makes this ride a JW ride?

It will supposedly take place in JW, with JW characters.

The problem is that JW is a new park on the same island as JP in the films, but it doesn't exist until decades later, so they can't logically overlap. IOA's JP is actually supposed to be its own thing according to the River Adventure queue videos, a different location that actually opened without incident. So if this is a JW ride, it directly contradicts the world building found elsewhere in the island.

Last edited:

OG Runner

I thought it was going to let you off in Hogsmeade. Of course it would drop you off from about 40 feet up.
Work on the spell for a gentle landing.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

Sorry but give me Millennium Force, Steel Vengeance, Top Thrill Dragster and Maverick over any coaster that a Six Flags park has.
None of those are half of what Twisted Colossus or X2 can bring to the table. Twisted Colossus and X2 make that line up look like a bunch of erector set toys.

Tom Morrow

Cedar point is like the backstreet boys of the coaster universe. Magic Mountain has the most and best coasters in America.
Magic Mountain does have a better lineup overall, but Cedar Point is a better park. Cedar Point is one of the only "regional" parks where the operations are as good as Disney and Universal. It has an amazing and lively atmosphere. Magic Mountain is, well, a Six Flags.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom