Jurassic Park Rollercoaster Coming To Universals Islands Of Adventure?

Tony Perkis

A6623229-8479-4595-BA61-D512AED6C9C5.jpeg

It’s a Wraptor!

BubbaisSleep

Universal sure loves their giant statues, don't they? Yawn...
To be fair, among the other examples, SWGE & Marvel seem to be opening with very static ships. TSL is full of static props. At least with these raptor statues I’m assuming they’re part of the ride & you’ll zoom by so quickly it will be similar to the Yeti on EE. Why are Jessie & Rex standing still all day visible from the public walkway when they’re living toys? I understand your point though & wouldn’t put it past Universal to do something similar that you mentioned at the actual queue entrance. There’s no way they’re not going to place some eye-catching statue at the entrance especially since it is going to be very visible from across the lake.

Tom Morrow

To be fair, among the other examples, SWGE & Marvel seem to be opening with very static ships. TSL is full of static props. At least with these raptor statues I’m assuming they’re part of the ride & you’ll zoom by so quickly it will be similar to the Yeti on EE. Why are Jessie & Rex standing still all day visible from the public walkway when they’re living toys? I understand your point though & wouldn’t put it past Universal to do something similar that you mentioned at the actual queue entrance. There’s no way they’re not going to place some eye-catching statue at the entrance especially since it is going to be very visible from across the lake.
Here’s how I see it:
The Toy Story Land figures are cheesy because they don’t move, but they do make thematic sense to be there.

The dragon on top of Gringotts doesn’t make sense to be there. From a narrative standpoint it shouldn’t be there until after you experience the events of the attraction. It also makes it odd that the rest of Diagon Alley is just going about business as usual despite a major attack happening at Gringotts.

Optimus Prime doesn’t make sense standing atop his secret military base. If it’s not supposed to be him and just a statue of him, the same thing applies.

Basically I am not a fan of using giant non-moving figures to act as marquees for attractions.

BubbaisSleep

Here’s how I see it:
The Toy Story Land figures are cheesy because they don’t move, but they do make thematic sense to be there.

The dragon on top of Gringotts doesn’t make sense to be there. From a narrative standpoint it shouldn’t be there until after you experience the events of the attraction. It also makes it odd that the rest of Diagon Alley is just going about business as usual despite a major attack happening at Gringotts.

Optimus Prime doesn’t make sense standing atop his secret military base. If it’s not supposed to be him and just a statue of him, the same thing applies.

Basically I am not a fan of using giant non-moving figures to act as marquees for attractions.
Yeah it seems to be the Universal way. I have no doubt they'll have a huge raptor statue out front of the queue when this thing opens.

Tom Morrow

Yeah it seems to be the Universal way. I have no doubt they'll have a huge raptor statue out front of the queue when this thing opens.
And this could go several ways, depending on the theme and story of the attraction.

If this is the Raptor exhibit within the park in the films, then a statue that is supposed to be a statue signifying this as the Raptor exhibit entrance would be appropriate.

If this ride has some other storyline, though, and large Raptor figures are used at the entrance as a marquee/photo op. "They're statues but also they're supposed to be real and attacking you", then it'll be the same old thing.

JoeCamel

And this could go several ways, depending on the theme and story of the attraction.

If this is the Raptor exhibit within the park in the films, then a statue that is supposed to be a statue signifying this as the Raptor exhibit entrance would be appropriate.

If this ride has some other storyline, though, and large Raptor figures are used at the entrance as a marquee/photo op. "They're statues but also they're supposed to be real and attacking you", then it'll be the same old thing.
As long as the photo op stands out it's all good.

Jrb1979

I could care less about any of that. For a coaster the fact it looks like it will be very intense and very thrilling is more important. That one overbanked turn looks like it will threw you out of your seat. Remember it's most likely lapbar only.

Disneyhead'71

The name is "Velocicoaster".

The theme is that it is a new state of the art roller coaster thrill attraction at the Jurassic World Theme Park.

The story is that you are being launched into the velociraptor paddock on a roller coaster. There is a preshow with Dr. Henry Wu in the lab. Somehow Claire and Owen are involved. After you load (the building on the left with the orange on top), the train pulls around through the curved cage tunnel into that grey building which is the "Sally Port". The train pulls in. The door behind you closes. There are warning lights and an announcement "Warning! Paddock door opening in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1!" Door opens, Zoom!

20200826-081824.jpg

The rumor is there are 4 AA raptors in the paddock. There are at least 3 headchoppers, and that big dive loop. This first half should be great for those wanting eye candy.

The second half is a big bag full of cool coaster tricks.

20200826-083715.jpg

Big launch into a Top Hat with an "Anticipation Stall", Drop, Stall Corkscrew, Wave Turn, Outer Banked Ejector Airtime Hill, Over Banked Turn, Micro Bunny Hop, Heartline Roll, and the final show scene.

Last edited:

lebeau

The theme is that it is a new state of the art roller coaster thrill attraction at the Jurassic World Theme Park.

The story is that you are being launched into the velociraptor paddock on a roller coaster. There is a preshow with Dr. Henry Wu in the lab. Somehow Claire and Owen are involved. After you load (the building on the left with the orange on top), the train pulls around through the curved cage tunnel into that grey building which is the "Sally Port". The train pulls in. The door behind you closes. There are warning lights and an announcement "Warning! Paddock door opening in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1!" Door opens, Zoom!

20200826-081824.jpg

The rumor is there are 4 AA raptors in the paddock. There are at least 3 headchoppers, and that big dive loop. This first half should be great for those wanting eye candy.

The second half is a full bag of coaster tricks.

Big launch into a Top Hat with an "Anticipation Stall", Drop, Stall Corkscrew, Wave Turn, Outer Banked Ejector Airtime Hill, Over Banked Turn, Micro Bunny Hop, Heartline Roll, final show scene.

B-but the statues though...

Tom Morrow

ec2bc8ae17a873563529e1c7786ebce1.jpg

This is a cool medieval monument that feels like something a fantasy medieval castle might actually have.

HulkStatue.jpg

This is an Instagrammable photo-op and a marquee sign.

Seriously though I'm not that upset about these raptor statues, I'm still very excited for the ride. They just seem a little redundant.

JT3000

The story is that you are being launched into the velociraptor paddock on a roller coaster.

Seriously, are we just going to ignore the sheer insanity of this setup?

And I still don't understand how this is going to be a Jurassic World ride unless they're retheming the entire island and we somehow still don't know about it. Otherwise having a JW ride in the middle of a JP area is just lazy.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom