Jurassic Park Rollercoaster Coming To Universals Islands Of Adventure?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Do we have any concept art for this coaster?!

1585108291272.png

Jon81uk

It'll be fun to see how long they delay the announcement once above ground track gets installed and it becomes really obvious they're building a roller coaster. Much like when Disney was still denying Bay Lake Tower was under construction after the 16-story frame was up.

They did it with Hagrids coaster, there was no concept art released until about 9 months before opening. We all knew what was coming, but there was no official word.

lazyboy97o

Animaniac93-98

I still think the smaller terrain coaster is the better concept. Dipping and dodging through tunnels is simple fun that provides a lot of places for clever girls to hide. This steel towering over the park just feels wrong.

I guess they felt obligated to have a big steel monster to make up for the closing of Dueling Dragons, and thought Hagrid's fit the bill for a "themed family coaster"; not that having two of those would be wrong IMO.

lebeau

I still think the smaller terrain coaster is the better concept. Dipping and dodging through tunnels is simple fun that provides a lot of places for clever girls to hide. This steel towering over the park just feels wrong.

Even though the movies didn't focus on it, Jurassic Park was clearly a theme park with rides. It could have had a big steel coaster that was never seen in the movie. The raft ride concept comes from the book as I understand it.

JT3000

Looking at the most recent construction pics, some of the coaster footers are practically on top of Three Broomsticks outdoor seating area.

I'm now concerned about the noise and sight lines impacts this will have on the Potter area.

Someone didn't think this through. :banghead:

Not only will there be a coaster towering over Hogsmeade, they might also have to put netting up above the bridge if the coaster is going over it.

lazyboy97o

Not only will there be a coaster towering over Hogsmeade, they might also have to put netting up above the bridge if the coaster is going over it.
What makes the nets worse is that this isn’t the first time it’s been an issue with a Jurassic Park roller coaster. The Flying Dinosaur was designed with no consideration for nets that were added very, very late in the process.

Andrew25

Looking at the most recent construction pics, some of the coaster footers are practically on top of Three Broomsticks outdoor seating area.

I'm now concerned about the noise and sight lines impacts this will have on the Potter area.

It'll be quiet. Coaster track/vehicles they use will result in a quieter noise unlike the Hulk.

Someone didn't think this through. :banghead:

The layout closer to Hogsmeade is a lower height, and you will not see it from inside the land, aside from the outside patio of Broomsticks. And the majority of the layout is over water or areas, not a walkway except for in about 3 locations.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom