Jurassic Park Rollercoaster Coming To Universals Islands Of Adventure?

lebeau

Many people's firewalls block twitter. My work, for instance, which is one of the biggest employers in the country, blocks twitter.

Same. And for whatever reason orlandoparkstop is blocked. So I'll have to wait till I get home to check out the deets on classic monster land.

Jon81uk

Hello Gentlemen, no I do not have a Twitter account, so I do not follow Bio. Any time you can provide updates would be appreciated.
This particular project appears to be going at a snails pace.

As mentioned you don't need a Twitter account to view tweets, as long as you are not looking on a work computer that blocks Twitter the images should show below.

Its only been a year since any walls went up at all and given the location is smack-bang in the middle of a theme park with guest access preserved around it and they are working next to a lake, it seems reasonable that ground preparation and foundations have taken a year or so. Given the track seems to be staged and ready to go I'm sure construction will appear to speed up. Don't forget this isn't expected to open until summer 2021 (Bourne stunt show is the new attraction for 2020).

Last edited:

Josh Hendy

Assuming we haven't seen concept art or a track layout yet ... can inferences be made about the coaster from the style and shape of track pieces or the footprint?

I wonder if it might resemble one of (a) Hagrid, (b) Hulk, or (c) other, perhaps Cheetah Chase.

OG Runner

Assuming we haven't seen concept art or a track layout yet ... can inferences be made about the coaster from the style and shape of track pieces or the footprint?

I wonder if it might resemble one of (a) Hagrid, (b) Hulk, or (c) other, perhaps Cheetah Chase.

If you look earlier in the discussions there were track layouts shown. The track is supposed to go over the water in spots and have
a 175 foot drop.

Disneyhead'71

Here is the layout, courtesy OrlandoParkStop.com

JP-Coaster-Layout-2-07.jpg

It will be a duel launched coaster using Intamin Blitz track like Cheetah Hunt's. But this will be a more intense coaster than Cheetah Hunt (3 inversions and an approx. 200' tall Top Hat element). There is some debate over who is building the trains. Some are speculating the trains may be Mack.

The_Jobu

Here is the layout, courtesy OrlandoParkStop.com

JP-Coaster-Layout-2-07.jpg

It will be a duel launched coaster using Intamin Blitz track like Cheetah Hunt's. But this will be a more intense coaster than Cheetah Hunt (3 inversions and an approx. 200' tall Top Hat element). There is some debate over who is building the trains. Some are speculating the trains may be Mack.

Looks like they're going to cram as much coaster into a small space as they can.

Tom Morrow

I'm glad that this coaster will be utilizing so much space that was previously dead. I miss the tranquility of the lagoon side of the Discovery Center, but this is a worthy exchange.

Almac97

It will be a duel launched coaster using Intamin Blitz track like Cheetah Hunt's.
I got to admit, the track from the Bioreconstruct photos above don't look a thing like Cheetah Hunt's. I believe Cheetah hunt has 3 distinct track types throughout the ride, none of which I see in the pics - A basic flat track like when you get to the launch before the jump up to the sky figure-8, a triangular cross-section track with horizontal and diagonal bracing that's used through most of the ride, and lastly a square cross-section track like when you dive out of the sky figure-8. The spine for the 2nd and 3rd types I mention doesn't appear to be much thicker than the track's rails as well.

What I see in the bioreconstruct photos look more track you'd see from S&S, Premier, or Vekoma.

JT3000

Have to say, I always found the sightlines between Potter Land and Jurassic Park a bit jarring.

View attachment 448761

There's another spot like this further down the path. Both would be easily rectified by adding more trees if they hadn't put the ride's queue right there. Although I'm not sure how often they even use the extended queue anymore.

I've accepted the fact that a cramped park like IOA is going to have problems like this, they're present at similar parks like Disneyland as well, but some of it was preventable, and a roller coaster that potentially looms over another part of the park just seems more egregious than a visible building.

Last edited:

Tom Morrow

It's true though, Universal does not care about sightlines or visual clutter or cohesive aesthetics, though to be fair, Disney is really the only one that heavily scrutinizes over this (and yes I'm aware that there are some exceptions to this rule at Disney, don't bother pointing them out as Disney is still significantly better at this than everyone else).

Josh Hendy

To be fair, despite some issues the immersion once within HP land and JP is wonderful and in general as good as or better than many parts of WDW.

To a certain degree, sightlines lapses are like wienies that motivate people to move onto the next adventure.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom