Jurassic Park Rollercoaster Coming To Universals Islands Of Adventure?

MarkTwain

We walked through the construction area last night, and all the cleared out trees really breaks up the "lost in the jungle" feeling that the Jurassic Park land had. Any word if they're going to make an effort to repopulate the area with same dense jungle foliage?

Also, it's interesting how the construction takes place on both sides of the Jurassic Park walkway. So I'm guessing the coaster will go over the guest pathway then? Hopefully they'll theme that stretch as a cave or something so you don't just have naked coaster going through Jurassic Park.

JoeCamel

We walked through the construction area last night, and all the cleared out trees really breaks up the "lost in the jungle" feeling that the Jurassic Park land had. Any word if they're going to make an effort to repopulate the area with same dense jungle foliage?

Also, it's interesting how the construction takes place on both sides of the Jurassic Park walkway. So I'm guessing the coaster will go over the guest pathway then? Hopefully they'll theme that stretch as a cave or something so you don't just have naked coaster going through Jurassic Park.
Yes they will replant, it does look bleak right now. Remember that Jurassic World was filmed in a theme park for some scenes.The coaster will change the land for sure, I trust we get a Hagrid style of installation but not as much rockwork by far or show scenes.

JT3000

While I too would prefer a more natural look over visible coaster track, you have to remember Jurassic Park is literally a theme park, so it would be permissible within the theme. I'm more worried about its visibility from elsewhere in the park. But they do need to replace as many trees as possible, and I strongly suspect the foliage will not be as dense as before. There are already areas elsewhere in the land that could use more tree coverage.

ObscurityPoint

If so, why?
The third Jurassic World comes out in 2021 or 22 I believe. The ride probably has a tie-in with that and Universal is probably waiting to drop the ball on the “new” Jurassic World addition until then to amp up the movie. The original cast are returning as well, so perhaps the ride will feature screen segments that they’re currently filming on set of JW3.

No Name

That is too bad. Wouldn't it make more sense to have two rides with long lines than just one ride with a really long line?
It guess this is why I don't run a theme park. (yeah, the only reason)

What is best operationally often comes far below what is best marketing-wise. Spacing out major draws allows the resort to be in the media spotlight longer and encourages people to make multiple trips, all further boosting attendance.

UpAllNight

I’m just glad the land is finally getting some attention.

I’d love a refreshed general feel to the buildings, along with a few less of the games and some additional Dinosaur meet and greets.

lebeau

Not saying this is the case here, but often construction projects are drawn out so the expenses can be spread across the spreadsheets for multiple quarters. Accounting is usually to blame more so than marketing.

Disneyhead'71

Not saying this is the case here, but often construction projects are drawn out so the expenses can be spread across the spreadsheets for multiple quarters. Accounting is usually to blame more so than marketing.
I think here it has more to do with them needing for it to open at a certain time for marketing reasons. After they fast tracked the 3rd park, they killed a few projects and rearranged in progress projects so they have something each year until Epic Universe opens. Bourne was pushed from 2019 to 2020. And this coaster will now be the big project for 2021. 2022 will probably be some sort of entertainment project.

Last edited:

BubbaQuest

I think here it has more to do with them needing for it to open at a certain time for marketing reasons. After they fast tracked the 3rd park, they killed a few projects and rearranged in progress projects so they have something each year until Epic Universe opens. Bourne was pushed from 2019 to 2020. And this coaster will now be the big project for 2021. 2022 will probably be some sort of entertainment project.

But 2021 is so far away! :(

JoeCamel

You would be surprised how much dirt has to moved if the dirt isn't the right kind. There is a whole lot of engineering going on with site prep that you don't see, just looks like endless dirt moving around. People had a fit about a high school being built near me, ran $4 or 5 million over budget mostly from site prep. Talked to the guy who was in charge of the site prep and he said the problem was 4 feet of muck. The entire area, ball fields, buildings parking lots etc. It was acres that had to be taken down 4 feet and then built back up with new soil which then had to be compacted down. Same guy hit clay building a water park, ironically the biggest problem was flooding while building the park. The park opened 9 months behind schedule. Really wasn't anyone who could do anything. It would rain and the site ended up a slippery clay pond.
True for this site and add in all the necessary screw pilings to make the site less "squishy".

OG Runner

Any word on any actual construction being done on this coaster? I understand having squishy ground, but it appears the guys down the
street have a couple of coasters in the works.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Any word on any actual construction being done on this coaster? I understand having squishy ground, but it appears the guys down the
street have a couple of coasters in the works.

Someday Universal will announce that they're working on a new coaster at Islands of Adventure!

OG Runner

Hello Gentlemen, no I do not have a Twitter account, so I do not follow Bio. Any time you can provide updates would be appreciated.
This particular project appears to be going at a snails pace.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom