Jurassic Park Rollercoaster Coming To Universals Islands Of Adventure?

Bairstow

Does anyone know if there's any truth to the rumors that the Jurassic Park --> Jurassic World IP changeover is due to to some sort of licensing agreement with the Crichton Estate running out? I can't imagine a court not seeing Jurassic World as a derivative work from the original novel and functionally and legally indistinct.

JT3000

Does anyone know if there's any truth to the rumors that the Jurassic Park --> Jurassic World IP changeover is due to to some sort of licensing agreement with the Crichton Estate running out? I can't imagine a court not seeing Jurassic World as a derivative work from the original novel and functionally and legally indistinct.

I don't think they'd get away with that. I mean Jurassic World isn't just derivative, it's literally a sequel, just with a different title. I don't know the status of the rights, but I can't imagine Universal actively making any sequels to this series, much less an entire trilogy, regardless of how their titled, if they were on the verge of losing those rights. And I haven't seen it in a while, but I'm fairly certain the words "Jurassic Park" even appear in JW, so it's not like they're even being sneaky about it.

I’m wondering if their will be one more attraction added to jurassic land once it’s transformed into Jurassic world. I hope the river adventure gets updated but not sure how likely that will happen. Can’t wait to see if their will be any AA’s for the Jurassic themed roller coaster.

Disneyhead'71

I’m wondering if their will be one more attraction added to jurassic land once it’s transformed into Jurassic world. I hope the river adventure gets updated but not sure how likely that will happen. Can’t wait to see if their will be any AA’s for the Jurassic themed roller coaster.
There are some AAs planned for the first show scene of the new coaster. The River Adventure is rumored to get a version of the redo that Hollywood just received. There will be other changes around the land like a new Raptor Encounter and getting a version of Isla Nu-Bar and a revamp of the food at Thunder Falls.

Rob562

An additional attraction would have to go either where the Discovery Center or Camp Jurassic are. There's nowhere else. Kong and Forbidden Journey took up the available expansion pads. The coaster is using what Triceratops Encounter had.

-Rob

Tom Morrow

There are some AAs planned for the first show scene of the new coaster. The River Adventure is rumored to get a version of the redo that Hollywood just received. There will be other changes around the land like a new Raptor Encounter and getting a version of Isla Nu-Bar and a revamp of the food at Thunder Falls.
Crossing my fingers that they don't give us that tank scene.

Animaniac93-98

Theme Park Stop podcast says Spring 2021 opening, right before Jurassic World 3 gets released. They also mentioned the river ride getting the same refurb as Hollywood and other work.

Looks like they want to compete with Tron and GotG, both of which are opening around the same time.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
I don't think they'd get away with that. I mean Jurassic World isn't just derivative, it's literally a sequel, just with a different title. I don't know the status of the rights, but I can't imagine Universal actively making any sequels to this series, much less an entire trilogy, regardless of how their titled, if they were on the verge of losing those rights. And I haven't seen it in a while, but I'm fairly certain the words "Jurassic Park" even appear in JW, so it's not like they're even being sneaky about it.

The film rights actually expire after Jurassic World 3 comes out, whether or not they renew them is another story.

I’m wondering if they do a refurb to the river adventure in Orlando will it be next year when it reopens or in 2021 when the new coaster opens? The Jurassic park franchise universal will still own the rights to that correct? Just not Jurassic World?

JT3000

Word Mark: VELOCICOASTER

tenor.gif

OG Runner

Jurassic Park Is what will be remembered in 20+ years, not Jurassic World. Just due to its contributions to movie effects.

Hopefully they recognize that fact.

I totally agree with you, but you know the public is usually looking for the next shiny thing. You look at the ride in
Hollywood, the bells and whistles have been changed, but the ride travels the same route with the same conclusion,
but now it is more recognizable to those that didn't see the Jurassic Park movies when they were in theaters.

eddie104

Sorry I don't see the difference between JP and JW. It's the same thing different actors as far as I'm concerned.

BTW when anyone says Orlando is getting the Hollywood version it scares me after seeing FF. Hollywood can keep their crap if that crowd enjoys it. FF is a pile of streaming S***.
Hollywood had very limited space to work with so they did the best they could give those circumstances where as Orlando can do a lot more and there is concept footage of what they had planned originally but I guess didn't see it as feasible.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom