Jurassic Park Rollercoaster Coming To Universals Islands Of Adventure?

Bairstow

They replaced two thrill coasters with a semi-thrill coaster and now the big JP coaster. So basically its adding back in what was lost.
And I, for one, couldn't be happier.
I'm curious, though, what sort of layout this ride will have. The pervasive noise issue with the high school across the street is part of the reason the Dragons had to go, but the 4-bar Intamin track suggests a very fast, forceful ride that gains significant height and speed in order to justify that track shape. Before today I would have had money on this being a launched, but low-lying coaster very similar to Taron or Hagrid but Y-section Intamin track is what they use on things like Intimidator 305... or wing coasters like Skyrush. Now I have no idea.

Tom Morrow

Not this nonsense again. It's One coaster.

Or do you concede Millenium Falcon is then 3 rides.

Oh wait Mission Space is actually two rides because there is an intense experience and soft experience - rolls eyes.
It was one attraction. Two coasters.

Unless the tracks are identical (Primeval Whirl), mirrored copies (Space Mountain), or parallel (racing coasters), it counts as two separate roller coasters. In the case of Dragon Challenge, each had a completely different layout.

Jon81uk

Literally can't believe they are going ahead with this.

Ridiculous to build two coasters after another, when the park is crying out for some top notch family attractions that don't involve screens.

They've just opened a coaster that features animatronics instead of screens and is more family friendly that what it replaced.
Two intense Dragon coasters is becoming one family coaster (Hagrids) and one intense coaster (Jurassic)

Jon81uk

Oh wait Mission Space is actually two rides because there is an intense experience and soft experience - rolls eyes.

Each coaster was completely different, unlike Space Mountain and Primeval Whirl that are mirror images. Mission Space nowadays could be counted as two different rides as green and amber follow different plot points, but when it opened it was all the same plot.
Millennium Falcon, Star Tours and Toy Story Mania also offer the same experience but on different tracks/vehicles, even if some of the action is different each time.

Jon81uk

We've been through this. It was one coaster.

But they follow completely different layouts with different elements, they were two different coasters each offering unique experiences. If you built fire in IoA and Ice in Universal Studios then you wouldn't call them one coaster.

Rich Brownn

They were considered two separate coasters by B&M. They were not connected. The did not offer the same layout. You did not board the same vehicle. Sorry, but they were indeed two separate coasters. Unless you consider the Battlestar Galatica in Singapore one coaster.

JT3000

We've been through this. It was one coaster.

We've been through this, and it's been well established that you're wrong. Why dig the hole deeper instead of just moving on?

A less intense loop, removing the inversion doesn't make it a new ride. It's still the same experience, setting and theme.

You're not remotely familiar with the layouts of Dragons, are you? They were completely different.

Last edited:

OG Runner

I'm curious, though, what sort of layout this ride will have. The pervasive noise issue with the high school across the street is part of the reason the Dragons had to go, but the 4-bar Intamin track suggests a very fast, forceful ride that gains significant height and speed in order to justify that track shape. Before today I would have had money on this being a launched, but low-lying coaster very similar to Taron or Hagrid but Y-section Intamin track is what they use on things like Intimidator 305... or wing coasters like Skyrush. Now I have no idea.

There have been videos on YouTube in reference to the track layout. I is supposed to be a large, "thrill" coaster, with a high point of
175 feet. It will be visible from most of the park, and there have been concerns with the sightlines, conflicting with the Harry Potter
area, given their proximity.

Jon81uk

A less intense loop, removing the inversion doesn't make it a new ride. It's still the same experience, setting and theme.

If Disney hear about your theory - they'll be saying they have 3 attractions opened at Galaxy's edge. Millenium Falcon offers different experiences as to where you sit.

Look at the stats for the two tracks at the attraction on rcdb, they are completely different rides https://rcdb.com/558.htm

Simulators are built to run different programmes and experiences by loading in new software, the experience on a coaster is dictated by the track layout, so the difference in the ride is built in from day one and it will always be the same experience, but different to other coasters of that type (ie Fire is different to Ice and different to Montu at Busch Gardens), Simulators can change the ride experience even based on guest actions.

BubbaQuest

The rumor is Uni did reduce the top hat element of this ride to 200 feet. Not sure if it was noise concerns or site line concerns. If the track is sand filled, it can be surprisingly quiet. I just hope that don't need scream shields like DCA Maliboomer. That was sad.

OG Runner

I agree. Good new rides are nothing to dismiss. I am excited about everything I have been hearing about Hagrid's. The Jurassic Park coaster, for the description, is totally out of my comfort zone and I will probably never go anywhere near it, but it sounds like a ride
thrill seekers will definitely love. In my opinion, "Good Rides are Good Rides!"

doctornick

Literally can't believe they are going ahead with this.

Ridiculous to build two coasters after another, when the park is crying out for some top notch family attractions that don't involve screens.

I tend to agree with this. I mean, another coaster is fine and will certainly be popular. But after my recent trip to Uni, I really feel the parks need some more calm attractions to balance out things. Increasingly it's either coasters or "something goes terribly wrong" type experiences.

In particular, when I ride JP River Adventure and they have the beginning part with the Ultrasaurs and then you go to the springs, I kept thinking "why can't they just make a ride entirely of this?". I mean, that would be cool (note: I think such an experience would also be a good addition to DAK in their Dinoland) and be a compliment to River Adventure and all the other "something has gone wrong" rides. It would particularly help to have a longer in length indoor ride that keeps you out of the Florida sun.

Tom Morrow

One of the problems with a coaster. They're absolutely ugly.

They give visions your in Six Flags.
I’m pretty sure you’re trolling at this point, but I’ll take the bait.

Some roller coasters are ugly. Dragon a Challenge was ugly and unsightly for WWoHP. Rip Ride Rockit is ugly. Other coasters are, by means of design, placement, and landscaping, aesthetically appealing, such as Manta at SeaWorld. Hulk looks pretty cool and iconic over the lagoon and looming over the skyline as you approach IOA.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom