Jurassic Park River Adventure vs Splash Mountain

Which is the better ride?

• Total voters

DisneyAndUniversalFan

Original Poster
ioa-jurassic-park-river-adventure-ride-splash-b.jpg

splash-mountain-00.jpg

JIMINYCR

Splash. This will always and forever remain in my mind as one of the top attractions Disney had at its parks. Shame on you Disney for taking this away from us. This loss is more painful than Toads.

lewisc

Ride them both next week and decide.

Is the OP asking about, Splash when it first opened or the, soon to be closed, run down version?

erasure fan1

Ride them both next week and decide.

Is the OP asking about, Splash when it first opened or the, soon to be closed, run down version?
Exactly. At it's peak splash wins hands down. But this current rundown version that is just a hint of what it once was, would be beat by Jurassic Park for sure.

999th Happy Haunt

Assuming we’re looking at both rides at their peak, it’s gotta be Splash.

Jurassic Park is one of my favorite movies of all time, but Splash is just a masterpiece. Loaded with animatronics, earworm songs, and it’s just such a fun ride. I’m fairly confident I’ll prefer JP over Tiana because I really don’t care for the Disney Princess brand or the rides placement in Frontierland.

thomas998

Depends on what you are looking for. Jurassic gets you wetter, but also gives you more of a jolt when you make the big drop. Splash is really just a log ride with a pretty facade. For little kids Splash is probably better for older folks its Jurassic.

doctornick

I always say that I’d really love to ride a complete ride of the first part of JPRA - an actual ride showing you Dinos and talking about them without the “something goes wrong” and danger plot.

celluloid

I always say that I’d really love to ride a complete ride of the first part of JPRA - an actual ride showing you Dinos and talking about them without the “something goes wrong” and danger plot.

This is why Triceratops Encounter as a walk through attraction along with bits of Discovery Center when it was at its fullest really completed the Zoological Dino park illusion. More of that was lost when they could not keep it going.

That queue was really something special!

lewisc

The poll reads what IS the better ride. Splash mountain is surrounded by construction walls. An attraction which is running is virtually always better then an attraction which is permanently closed.....

Andrew25

If JPRA was actually well maintained and enhanced, it would be the better attraction. But Splash, even with its horrendous upkeep, is the better attraction.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
I find the songs on Splash Mountain much more enjoyable to sing along with... then again, every time I'm on River Adventure...

(skip to 1:33)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom