Jurassic Park ride

JBloom1029

Original Poster
whats the deal with the new jurassic park ride thats supposed to go behind te river ride and dudley. Is it gonna start soon?

JAY-ROD

Originally posted by JBloom1029
whats the deal with the new jurassic park ride thats supposed to go behind te river ride and dudley. Is it gonna start soon?

Thats still just a rumor! Only time will tell!:)

Tom Morrow

I've heard from a good source, that it will be a Jeep ride that is very very realistic. The jeeps will look just like they did in the movie, and follow a track and everything. It will actually be intertwined with the River Adventure - it will enter the same building that the River Adventure's drop is contained in, and will pass by the river at certain times. Supposedly this has been planned since IOA was conceived, and when built, will be the park's top ride, even beating Spiderman.

Luau Cove

And what would be the "meaning" of this new ride? Because, in the River Adventure we get to see the typical, yet great, "dinosaur-scape" concept, thus a new concept must be created if they don't want JP river adventure and the new ride to be redundant.
-->LUAU

woofboy111

Originally posted by Luau Cove
And what would be the "meaning" of this new ride? Because, in the River Adventure we get to see the typical, yet great, "dinosaur-scape" concept, thus a new concept must be created if they don't want JP river adventure and the new ride to be redundant.
-->LUAU

But if that's the case, aren't all three jurassic park movies kind of redundant? They all have to do with dinoasurs, but the jeep ride in JP1 that the new ride will be after is differnent than the boat ride based on the actual ride in JP3. They are different type of rides, so they'll probably fit, although they will both probably have the same theme of something going wrong and getting chased by dinos.

Tom Morrow

Supposedly, the T Rex will chase you, attack your car, possibly knock it off the road.. all done very realistically. Yeah, it will probably have a similar theme as the River Adventure, but like someone said, so do the movies.

Luau Cove

The sequels are always "redundant" since they will probably talk about the same subject and story ( all but Along came a Spider) so it's not strange if the movies are somehow repeated. However, I think the Jp's are very different one from another, I mean, it's obvious they will have problems with Dinos, but the scripts are original. The first one is the beginning of it all, the second one is the consequence of the chaos and the third one is now that great, but it's also something else.
-->LUAU

Luau Cove

The sequels are always "redundant" since they will probably talk about the same subject and story ( all but Along came a Spider) so it's not strange if the movies are somehow repeated. However, I think the Jp's are very different one from another, I mean, it's obvious they will have problems with Dinos, but the scripts are original. The first one is the beginning of it all, the second one is the consequence of the chaos and the third one is now that great, but it's also something else.
-->LUAU

Originally posted by Tom Morrow
I've heard from a good source, that it will be a Jeep ride that is very very realistic. The jeeps will look just like they did in the movie, and follow a track and everything. It will actually be intertwined with the River Adventure - it will enter the same building that the River Adventure's drop is contained in, and will pass by the river at certain times. Supposedly this has been planned since IOA was conceived, and when built, will be the park's top ride, even beating Spiderman.

Who is this good source of urs?It sounds really cool.hope i get to ride it if they ever make it!

tenchu

Supposedly, the T Rex will chase you, attack your car, possibly knock it off the road.. all done very realistically. Yeah, it will probably have a similar theme as the River Adventure, but like someone said, so do the movies.

Sounds a lot like countdown to extinction. It does sound cool though, any idea how many they'd cram into a jeep?

DigitalDisney

I'm not sure how credible this Jeep-ride rumor is. It's been around ever since the park opened, and maybe even before then.

I've also heard rumors of:
- California Soarin at DCA except you fly over dinosaurs
- A wooden coaster
- A flying coaster

woofboy111

I also heard about a roller coaster being planned with a vertical drop (I'm guressing themed after the trailer falling off of the cliff in JP2. From what I understood, It was a lot like superman at 6 flags.

Tom Morrow

My source is this guy named Chris Godsey, who is now working on other projects but was on board with the Universal design team at the time of IOA's conception, planning, development, ect. He left Universal shortly after IOA's opening. He says the ride was in the original designs all along. I know its not solid evidence but I trust him, and its a very believable rumor.

Woofboy111, its very doubtful that any more coasters like Superman: The Escape at Six Flags Magic Mountain will be built. The rides cost an arm and a leg and the ride is less than satisfying. You accelerate, go up, and come back down. A lot of people don't even consider it to be a coaster. There are also a lot of coasters with vertical drops now, so if they did build this coaster you're talking about, it could be any type.

DigitalDisney

My source is this guy named Chris Godsey
Ouch. This person isn't very credible at all. Several big-name web sites were going to interview him about his new huge theme park in Mississippi, but they couldn't find a record of his employment at Universal.

He used to post semi-frequently on several message boards, but he hasn't been seen since he was completely discredited.

woofboy111

Woofboy111, its very doubtful that any more coasters like Superman: The Escape at Six Flags Magic Mountain will be built. The rides cost an arm and a leg and the ride is less than satisfying. You accelerate, go up, and come back down. A lot of people don't even consider it to be a coaster. There are also a lot of coasters with vertical drops now, so if they did build this coaster you're talking about, it could be any type.

I personally didn't believe this when I heard it, because for one, they already have a freefall ride, and this is what this ride would basically be. Two is that I can't see how they could theme this, and three is that it would stick out like an eyesore, no matter how they themed it. I think I read the rumor on screamscape a while back.

Tom Morrow

Originally posted by DigitalDisney
Ouch. This person isn't very credible at all. Several big-name web sites were going to interview him about his new huge theme park in Mississippi, but they couldn't find a record of his employment at Universal.

He used to post semi-frequently on several message boards, but he hasn't been seen since he was completely discredited.

If you're talking about Coaster Forum and Thrillnetwork, which is really the only site that bashed him, don't trust them. I talk to Chris almost every day, and he told me what really happened. Earlier, Chris had posted exclusive info that only *he* had on Universal's new coaster. Thrillnetwork's webmaster (Alex Westerman) deleted that post, and posted that info on the main site, claiming it to be his own. They then almost banned Chris and deleted every post he had info about the subject in. Chris had promised Thrillnetwork that chat, but he decided to decline, as he didn't want to give away anymore freebies to Alex. Alex was POed and because of this, he basically told the other Coaster Forum moderators to lie about Chris and say hes a total fraud, when he really isn't. Some of the leaders of Thrillnetwork/Coaster Forum are pretty shady, sneaky, rude, etc...

Tom Morrow

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention this. Even if Chris is wrong, it doesn't mean that this rumor isn't. Ever since Islands of Adventure opened, there has always been this rumor of a Jurassic Park Jeep ride. Bits of construction have been spotted behind the JP River Adventure, which is where the jeep ride would be, and almost every time, the rumor leads to a jeep ride of some sort. Ever notice how usually when there are is a lot of support for one rumor, it usually ends up being true? This isn't always the case with Disney because of their secrecy, but it is with other parks, because their information "leaks". For example, most people were almost positive Six Flags over Georgia was getting a B&M flying coaster for 2002 long before they even announced it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom