Jungle Cruise Update

Mac Tonight

Today Disney released a trailer for their Behind the Attraction series coming to D+ in a few days, and it contains a snippet from the Jungle Cruise film, where... you guessed it... The Rock's character makes the "backside of water" joke... (0:36 seconds in).

Have to say though, I am looking forward to the series now that I know the folks behind it are also the folks responsible for the "Toys/Movies That Made Us" series for Netflix.

... and now you may resume hating the changes.

Figments Friend

So what's with the new snake and elephant statues? Were these really too problematic?
View attachment 570918
View attachment 570919

Their replacements:
View attachment 570921
View attachment 570920

What the ****...!??

WHY were these removed...???
😮😱

Just now learning about this change...and I'm livid.

😡😡

The only reason I can see as to why these were removed is the fact these statues closely resembled real Hindu deities.
Hanuman ( the 'Monkey King' ) and Ganesha ( the 'Elephant Headed God' ).
These statues were beautiful works of art, and were a joy to see during the cruise.
They also held special meaning for those familiar with these deities.

Did someone on Disney's current 'censorship committee' honestly feel these needed to be removed because of the fact they represented these beloved deities from certain cultures?
Why 'cancel' that...is was not a negative.

Really ticked off about this ....
Not a good change.

-

Last edited:

celluloid

I am baffled how there were Imagineers walking about a scene in a Disneyland video I saw. Not only is it not ready, they don't even care to be out and about in front of the guests building the last bits of this thing as it is open.

Ne'er-Do-Well Cad

I’m still waiting for all the dolls in IASW to be dressed in the same business casual attire. Nothing with too much character or anything reflective of the actual cultures. That’s too stereotypical.
It’s only a matter of time before the girl dolls of every country are seated at desks working on laptops, pursuing STEM degrees.

Sharon&Susan

R.I.P Guy who missed the memo that he's in Adventureland, not Frontierland.
Cowboyman.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom