Jungle Cruise Update

DCBaker

Premium Member

Sharon&Susan

Everything looks fine. IMO Glad that the only store is near "Civilization" unlike the WDW version.

When the skipper said dangerous just as they were entering the lagoon, I was expecting him to complete it with "headhunter territory" not lagoon just like the old script. lol

mickEblu

Looks great. Is the chimp-overtaken vessel a little redundant with the gorilla-overtaken camp? Sure, but it still works. It's definitely a shame to lose Trader Sam, but the new gag is charming in its own right. My only criticism really is WDI trying to force memorable characters onto us. I don't care about this "Skipper Felix" and his crew of artists and inventors, or whatever it is. Other than that, though, the ride looks great. I'm curious to know what this "one very important piece" will end up being.

Have the sound effects always been that good? Not a fan of all the trash in the water during the hippo scene. Kind of ruins the escapism of being out in the middle of nowhere and I just don’t think it looks good. The “major” changes are fine. I agree the chimps are a little redundant and the gorilla scene is basically the same gag but better. I would have liked to have seen something else where those second set of monkeys (?) are on those boxes where the skipper is talking about fleas. Maybe something colorful and more imposing like nice AA of a man eating plant. I’m not a fan of the lost and found store. Its too silly even for the Jungle Cruise. Overall, I liked it better before with the natives and Trader Sam. Shocker. Feels like the ride is missing one of its “notes.” The macabre/ danger one to be exact. They should have replaced the head hunters with a different element of danger.

mickEblu

Maybe my standards have been lowered since the PotC disaster, but you do have good points. One of my earliest Disneyland memories is riding the Jungle Cruise at night. When we passed by the war party and the skipper yelled to get down, I believed they may actually throw spears at us so I got down. That kind of element is definitely missing in these new changes. At least we still have the shooting gorillas and elephants spraying water earlier in the ride to keep that kind of excitement, I guess.

Honestly, there really wasn't anything wrong with the tribal warriors nor Trader Sam, and their removal is pretty pointless and stupid, but this could easily have been a lot worse. I was really expecting those skippers in the rhino scene to be scattered throughout the attraction, so I'm very grateful that's not the case.

True. Could have been much worse. “Could have been much worse” is the best we can hope for days.” Sad

VJ

That better be some skipper hat you get for $75.00. This is a waste of money especially since they are going to kick you out of the park lol. I would rather just pay the normal price and wait in the queue during park hours. also Disney in your press release please stop calling it "Disneyland Park" its just "Disneyland" you think you would know that. Have some respect for Walt will ya?
oh, they didn't say disneyland park in 1955?
Vintage-Disneyland-souvenir-map-from-1955.jpg

wait... what's this?
1625850058716.png

no... it can't be!

Ne'er-Do-Well Cad

The skipper in that video is fantastic. Not sure if this is an unpopular opinion, but I've ridden Jungle Cruise so, so many times with unenthusiastic, seemingly miserable skippers putting in absolutely no effort -- I almost wouldn't mind rethinking the entire live skipper concept.

Disney Analyst

Shouldn’t it be a positive change then since you didn’t mention anything negative?

It is positive in that sense, but I do think that it really feels lateral, like the ride could have always been that way.

I don't personally see anything as an improvement in the general sense of what we think when they plus a ride, it's all equal. It works, it fits.

The improvement and the positive out of this is that we no longer have racist depictions on the cruise.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom