Jungle Cruise Update

Californian Elitist

I don't hate Disney for these offerings, clearly they make them money and that's obviously an objective of any corporation, but I do despise the consumers who pay for these pathetic products. I wonder what leads men to make such foolish decisions. Is it a flaw of our education system not teaching how to use money wisely? Is it empty, miserable lives people lead that causes them to fill those holes with consuming corporate products in hopes of finding purpose? Gluttonous children of privilege who live on daddy's dime and know not a hard day's work? I wish I knew what led people to engage in such behavior as wasting their money on events like this; maybe once the cause is eliminated, then Disney will actually put effort into their products once more.
A waste of money is always relative. I spent $5,000 altogether, including the money I spent during my trip, to stay in Italy for one month and go on a side excursion to Germany. It was well worth the money I paid, but someone who doesn’t see value in traveling may see it as a waste.

I’m not mad at Disney fans for paying for something like this. I don’t think it’s gluttony at all, I think it’s simply fans being excited about this project and therefore willing to pay extra for something special that won’t be available to everyone. I personally am not interested in this, but whoever is, go for it.

Last edited:

Tamandua

People are so flush with cash right now from stimulus, unemployment, wage hikes triggered by inflation, etc that I wouldn't have been shocked if the price was higher. I recently saw someone pay $25,000 for a $6,000 pinball machine. Things are crazy.

This is the kind of thing they used to do for APs for free. Right before the shutdown they had a 25th anniversary event for Indiana Jones after the park closed that came with a few small swag items... Free to APs.

Californian Elitist

To some extent, yes, but there are certain ways of spending money that are obviously better than others, such as making sure that basic needs, such as food, shelter, and clothing, are provided for and met before spending money on luxuries and frivolous entertainment. I often picture the people who would spend money on these events as possible who have no clue how to manage their money, perhaps mostly because I cannot see the slightest value in this expenditure, and so I think of them as the kind of people who constantly buy the latest iPhone while living on food stamps. Is it true? Probably not. Is it fair for me to think of them like that? No, especially without any evidence, but it's the generalization I instinctively make in my head.
Yikes.

Anjin

To some extent, yes, but there are certain ways of spending money that are obviously better than others, such as making sure that basic needs, such as food, shelter, and clothing, are provided for and met before spending money on luxuries and frivolous entertainment. I often picture the people who would spend money on these events as possible who have no clue how to manage their money, perhaps mostly because I cannot see the slightest value in this expenditure, and so I think of them as the kind of people who constantly buy the latest iPhone while living on food stamps. Is it true? Probably not. Is it fair for me to think of them like that? No, especially without any evidence, but it's the generalization I instinctively make in my head.
I'm glad that you can self-identify that this prejudice is without merit. Everyone has different priorities and making broad sweeping assumptions about people would be pretty dumb.

There is an argument to be made that these folks may have an entirely different set of values than others. There has been for a good ten years or so a philosophy of valuing experiences over things. Maybe these folks would rather fill their memories with unique adventures than fill a shelf with Funko Pops. Neither is definitively correct, but neither necessarily wrong as well.

fctiger

Why is there so much whining about the JC event??? $75??? Man, that's a steal!!!!

Does no one remember the last similar Jungle Cruise event like this? That one was for a JC 'brunch' where you got to eat breakfast on the boat and hang out on the attraction back in 2015. Only that one cost $300. 🤣

So yeah, for $75, that's a discount rate for them. AND you get to hang out with an imagineer. For $300, no imagineers showed up.

And yes, it also didn't include the cost of admission either. You ate your food for an hour or two and then was kicked out the park before it opened. So this is Disney being extra generous.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

That better be some skipper hat you get for $75.00. This is a waste of money especially since they are going to kick you out of the park lol. I would rather just pay the normal price and wait in the queue during park hours. also Disney in your press release please stop calling it "Disneyland Park" its just "Disneyland" you think you would know that. Have some respect for Walt will ya?

Tamandua

That better be some skipper hat you get for $75.00. This is a waste of money especially since they are going to kick you out of the park lol. I would rather just pay the normal price and wait in the queue during park hours. also Disney in your press release please stop calling it "Disneyland Park" its just "Disneyland" you think you would know that. Have some respect for Walt will ya?
They officially changed the name to Disneyland Park when they added California Adventure and the entire resort became the Disneyland Resort. So "Disneyland Park" is used to differentiate from "Disneyland Resort."

Sharon&Susan

They officially changed the name to Disneyland Park when they added California Adventure and the entire resort became the Disneyland Resort. So "Disneyland Park" is used to differentiate from "Disneyland Resort."
"Now that you've won the Super Bowl what are you going to do?"
"I'm going to Disneyland Park located in the Disneyland Resort!"

PiratesMansion

Technically both Disneyland (CA) and Disneyland Paris are both known as Disneyland Park within their current resorts. No one actually calls them that, but I guess it makes corporate Disney feel good about themselves.

On this and most US Disney discussion sites and spaces:
DL= Disneyland (CA)
DLR= Disneyland Resort (CA)

DLP=Disneyland Paris
(occasionally you'll see) DLRP=Disneyland Resort Paris

Note: Despite the (persistent? exasperating?) efforts of a single poster in years past, DLC is NOT an acronym for either of these things, and a plague has been known to set upon the houses of all who have intentionally used it.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

Technically both Disneyland (CA) and Disneyland Paris are both known as Disneyland Park within their current resorts. No one actually calls them that, but I guess it makes corporate Disney feel good about themselves.

On this and most US Disney discussion sites and spaces:
DL= Disneyland (CA)
DLR= Disneyland Resort (CA)

DLP=Disneyland Paris
(occasionally you'll see) DLRP=Disneyland Resort Paris

Note: Despite the (persistent? exasperating?) efforts of a single poster in years past, DLC is NOT an acronym for either of these things, and a plague has been known to set upon the houses of all who have intentionally used it.
DLC?

Professortango1

It wouldn't be an acronym either way as acronyms are pronounced as they are spelled (SCUBA, FUBAR, EPCOT) whereas initialisms are pronounced as the letters (FBI, GTFO, DCA).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom