Jungle Cruise Update

fctiger

I didn't want to bump this thread for just mere speculation on my part but since it is now bumped, does anyone have a sneaking suspicion that they will officially open this on July 17th?

I feel that's what they are aiming for at least given this is one of the original rides to open with the park and what better way to promote it on it's official birthday along with the park in general? Since they confirmed it is suppose to open in the summer, I'm guessing that's when they want to open it.

And Jungle Cruise the movie opens on July 30th now. So it would be even a bigger opportunity to cross promote both the ride and film just before that comes out.

Zorro 2.0

Sorry if this has been posted elsewhere in the thread already and I missed it, but D23 magazine mentioned that there'll be a man-eating plant somewhere on the ride.

DCBaker

Premium Member
"Jungle Cruise will reopen July 16, 2021 at Disneyland park, with an updated experience that welcomes new characters from around the world plus even more of the humor, wildlife and skipper heart that makes this classic attraction a favorite. At Magic Kingdom Park, you can continue to enjoy the Jungle Cruise while updates are being made, and all changes will be completed this summer.

Progress continues at both parks as Imagineers build on the original story with new adventures that stay true to the experience we know and love. Today we’re revealing a behind-the-scenes look at the work on Trader Sam’s newest venture, which recently dropped in at Disneyland.

jcs092835092845702983402934823.jpg
jcs029385097436098234928342.jpg

True to his reputation as the best merchant in the jungle, Trader Sam has found a way to convert the new Lost & Found location into something more profitable for the Jungle Navigation Company Ltd. The Jungle Cruise appears to be going the route of all the best rides – ending with a gift shop! Take a look at this first look above!

True to their reputations, our world-famous skippers will continue their unique presentations along the river with interactions that guests expect. In this video, Disney Imagineer Kevin Lively takes us on recent trip down the river at Magic Kingdom to share a reminder of some classic Jungle Cruise moments: "

fctiger

Jungle Cruise will reopen July 16, 2021 at Disneyland park, with an updated experience that welcomes new characters from around the world plus even more of the humor, wildlife and skipper heart that makes this classic attraction a favorite. At Magic Kingdom Park, you can continue to enjoy the Jungle Cruise while updates are being made, and all changes will be completed this summer.

Progress continues at both parks as Imagineers build on the original story with new adventures that stay true to the experience we know and love. Today we’re revealing a behind-the-scenes look at the work on Trader Sam’s newest venture, which recently dropped in at Disneyland.

• jcs092835092845702983402934823.jpg
  • jcs029385097436098234928342.jpg
True to his reputation as the best merchant in the jungle, Trader Sam has found a way to convert the new Lost & Found location into something more profitable for the Jungle Navigation Company Ltd. The Jungle Cruise appears to be going the route of all the best rides – ending with a gift shop! Take a look at this first look above!

True to their reputations, our world-famous skippers will continue their unique presentations along the river with interactions that guests expect. In this video, Disney Imagineer Kevin Lively takes us on recent trip down the river at Magic Kingdom to share a reminder of some classic Jungle Cruise moments: "

Wow, so I was pretty much right (Ok, off by a day ;)). I had a strong feeling it will open on the birthday so this is great news. And another incentive to go back to the park in July although I am already dreading that line lol.

Sharon&Susan

"Jungle Cruise will reopen July 16, 2021 at Disneyland park, with an updated experience that welcomes new characters from around the world plus even more of the humor, wildlife and skipper heart that makes this classic attraction a favorite. At Magic Kingdom Park, you can continue to enjoy the Jungle Cruise while updates are being made, and all changes will be completed this summer.

jcs092835092845702983402934823.jpg
jcs029385097436098234928342.jpg

In the video, the apes seem really shy staying completely under that tent... or maybe trying to avoid stormy weather of a certain state. ;)

mickEblu

Wow, so I was pretty much right (Ok, off by a day ;)). I had a strong feeling it will open on the birthday so this is great news. And another incentive to go back to the park in July although I am already dreading that line lol.

July sounds like a great time to go. Always love the Red, White and Blue bunting on Main Street too. Hopefully masks won’t be required outdoors by then. It’ll be really lame if Disney requires them in the So Cal heat of July when neither the state or CDC requires it. Not to mention the fact that they re not required by Disney at WDW

fctiger

July sounds like a great time to go. Always love the Red, White and Blue bunting on Main Street too. Hopefully masks won’t be required outdoors by then. It’ll be really lame if Disney requires them in the So Cal heat of July when neither the state or CDC requires it. Not to mention the fact that they re not required by Disney at WDW

We actually been considering to go during July and thought about going on the actual birthday so it will be perfect to do. We're going to decide in the next few weeks since I assume it could start filling up by then (but most of July is still very open ATM).

And yes would love for it all to be completely maskless. We're all we'll be fully vaccinated soon including the kids so we all feel like Superman lol (oh wait, it's Disney), so we all feel like Captain America! ;)

Sharon&Susan

Judging by the photos of the WDW version of the scene, the sign for the Trader Sam gift shop is going to be mostly unreadable from inside the boat. Hopefully they find a way to fix it before it opens or they were just lazy cloning what was designed for the DL version to WDW and it turns out fine over here.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom