Jungle Cruise Update

SSG

Original Poster
Mon, January 25, 2021

New Adventures to ‘Cast’ Off Soon Along World-Famous Jungle Cruise at Disneyland Park and Magic Kingdom Park​

Michael Ramirez

by Michael Ramirez, Public Relations Director, Disneyland Resort
At Disney Parks, we continue to look for ways to enhance classic attractions and elevate the experience for all of our guests. Today, we’re excited to share that we are building on the story of the Jungle Cruise at both Disneyland park at Disneyland Resort and Magic Kingdom Park at Walt Disney World Resort to include new adventures that stay true to the experience we know and love – more humor, wildlife and skipper heart – and also reflect and value the diversity of the world around us. There are no bigger fans of this attraction than our Imagineers so I’ve invited Kevin Lively – former Jungle Cruise skipper – to share a transmission from the world’s most remote tropical rivers!

Continuing a tradition that Walt Disney started more than six decades ago when he first enhanced the Jungle Cruise, the new creative concept for our river’s journey will be original to Walt Disney Imagineering, just like the attraction itself. Here’s a first look at some of the “gnu” magic we’re adding:
jcrb023948204982034923432820349.jpg
jccb029348029480294820934823094823094.jpg

Imagineers are excited to invite current Jungle Cruise skippers at Disneyland park and Magic Kingdom park to a Jungle Navigation Company Roll Call, where they will be among the first to hear more about the new adventures and wonders coming down the river. Recently, Imagineers had the chance to provide a sneak peek to a few skippers at Magic Kingdom park – check out the Walt Disney World Ambassador team on Instagram, @WDW.Ambassador, to see additional reactions, and stay tuned for more details about the enhancements in store for the Jungle Cruise, coming later this year.
jck023948023934252482094823420-1024x576.jpg
jccs092834002934802394820349-1024x576.jpg
jccb20394820349820349823094-1024x576.jpg
jcki2039480294820349820349823-1024x576.jpg

mickEblu

“And also reflect and value the diversity...”

Bye tribe people. Hopefully they just keep Trader Sam.

The great part about this is after the auction scene change in POTC and hearing Splash is getting the ax, this is nothing.

Now if they remove the elephant bathing pool there will be hell to pay.

Last edited:

Sharon&Susan

So are there going to be two monkeys doing human things scenes now or is is the new monkey scene replacing the "invading the camp" scene?

Professortango1

The great part about this is after the auction scene change in POTC and hearing Splash is getting the ax, this is nothing.

Trader Sam and the Headhunters are supposed to be gone in the new version of the attraction.

mickEblu

This looks great! I don't understand why anyone would be upset at these changes for obvious grumpy victimization.

As long as the elephant bathing pool is still there I’ll be cool. Of course the sheer fact that the elephant bathing pool is important to me means it’s gone. When I went on record saying Splash Mountain was my favorite ride at DL and TOT was my favorite ride at DCA they got rid of both.

Goodbye elephants

mickEblu

The second guy mentions adding an "Animated Skipper Figure." This has to be The Rock.

There’s no way they re doing all this and not putting in a Rock AA and other references to the movie. Hopefully he doesn’t abuse anyone later or isn’t accused of anything. I’d like for them to keep Hollywood away from Disneyland if that’s possible. No more AAs of famous actors please.

I’d actually think it would be really cool if they made the AAs in the likeness of a couple outstanding MK/ DL skippers.

SuddenStorm

It is sad seeing Marc Davis vignettes altered/removed. These changes don't look nearly as egregious as Splash or Pirates. But, WDI has been lacking in their execution as of late- the new auction scene is a disaster, Rosita's voice actress is abysmal, the entirety of Galaxy's Edge.

This concept art is 1000x better then their concept art for most of their announcements in the last 5 years which is promising as well.

I'm curious to see what alterations they make to the script.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom