Jungle Cruise Re-Imagining

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member

:Winces: You guys are gonna legit hate me for saying this but... what's the point?

Frogs are blink and you miss them camouflaged against the jungle flora. Realistic perhaps but they don't standout. And, it's not really a "scene" in the general sense. Do they do anything?

Returned figures are always welcome, especially after nearly 50 years but from a rider's perspective (and not simply a fandom nod) do the frogs add anything? Are they referenced by the Skippers? Are they reworked into the new storyline? I'm asking not to put it down but because I'm genuinely curious as to why they returned at all and why they aren't featured more prominently.

This must be one of those don't look a gift horse in the mouth scenarios. Kudos on the returned frogs. Honest! Shame they aren't showcased. Then again, not every animal on the ride has to be seen by guests. I guess.

I swear I'm fun at parties.

Last edited:

999th Happy Haunt

:Winces: You guys are gonna legit hate me for saying this but... what's the point?

Frogs are blink and you miss them camouflaged against the jungle flora. Realistic perhaps but they don't standout. And, it's not really a "scene" in the general sense. Do they do anything?

Returned figures are always welcome, especially after nearly 50 years but from a rider's perspective (and not simply a fandom nod) do the frogs add anything? Are they referenced by the Skippers? Are they reworked into the new storyline? I'm asking not to put it down but because I'm genuinely curious as to why they returned at all and why they aren't featured more prominently.

This must be one of those don't look a gift horse in the mouth scenarios. Kudos on the returned frogs. Honest! Shame they aren't showcased. Then again, not every animal on the ride has to be seen by guests. I guess.

I swear I'm fun at parties.
For me, it’s just one of those little added touches that won’t drive ticket sales but is something repeat visitors will appreciate. Especially since this is an (I think?) opening day element lost to time, the timing of their addition really does seem like a nod to the fans.

Dragonman

Pretty sure it’s these two:
EAF4D06D-671D-4836-8526-947649A0C1C6.jpeg

ADB4E9B6-EBDA-4F25-B3BE-4BE1B180A869.jpeg

There were originally 11 frogs of various sizes in the ride with some on both sides:
5A86FA88-03D6-45CD-974B-20BA5573D3F2.jpeg

Other side:
0640CF55-4320-4503-BC0A-6615ECA3ED22.jpeg

Are we sure they didn't just trim back the foliage so we can see them now? They might have been there all along?
Dick Nunis had them removed in 1972 for looking too “hokey” similar to the Haunted Mansion web man.

Btw anyone know if the re-added ones are animated still?

Obobru

Wow they spent a few dollars of some plastic frogs that only someone in their 70's would remember from 49 yes ago. I must book my flight now so see such wonders.

KeithVH

Well, I had heard they got successful and had a separate gig doing beer commercials and didn't have time to sit around all day. And then they lost that job and Disney was kind enough to hire them back (at their old wage rate of course).

Just sayin' that was the talk around town . . .

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Pretty sure it’s these two:
View attachment 595988
View attachment 595989

There were originally 11 frogs of various sizes in the ride with some on both sides:
View attachment 595990
Other side:
View attachment 595994
Interesting. The original tableau showcased two different frog species. Power in numbers. Back then it was a fully-fledged "scene" with a more dynamic display overall. Now having just 2 (or is it 3) on a log is hardly worthy of mention. Still, I guess it's something.

JoeCamel

Wow they spent a few dollars of some plastic frogs that only someone in their 70's would remember from 49 yes ago. I must book my flight now so see such wonders.

Interesting. The original tableau showcased two different frog species. Power in numbers. Back then it was a fully-fledged "scene" with a more dynamic display overall. Now having just 2 (or is it 3) on a log is hardly worthy of mention. Still, I guess it's something.
50 for 50 right?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom